Where were you 24 years ago today?

illumination70

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I was 16 at the time, I cycled 3 miles into Kinsale to ask my boss could I finish at 11 to get home to watch it.

I made 3 90 minute tapes from the radio but I played the 15 minutes, Sunday & Bad over and over again. I am shocked the tape did not wear out! I still havethat cassette and it reminds me of great times. Little did I realise that our little Irish band from Dublin would go on to do, I suppose, quite well!

I was 16. I went horse riding in the morning, then raced home and spent the rest of the day glued to the TV. By that point I was just getting into U2s music.Their Live Aid performance turned mild interest into obsession and the rest is history!

• Subscriber

James Lordan wrote:

I was 16 at the time, I cycled 3 miles into Kinsale to ask my boss could I finish at 11 to get home to watch it.

I made 3 90 minute tapes from the radio but I played the 15 minutes, Sunday & Bad over and over again. I am shocked the tape did not wear out! I still have that cassette and it reminds me of great times. Little did I realise that our little Irish band from Dublin would go on to do, I suppose, quite well!

same here james iv'e also got that point depot tape with the Q magazine insert somewhere upstairs.

Cassettes and videos those were the days!ohwell.gif

• Subscriber

Stayed home watching Live Aid on tv - I'll never forget the day because it was my mom's birthday and I made her crazy - kept asking her to come watchwith me. I don't think she was as impressed with the bands that day but she was impressed by the cause - that I do remember.

• Subscriber

RedHill wrote:

I got married 24 years ago today. I remember watching LiveAid and crazy Bono leave the stage and then off I went to get married.

Going to be at Amsterdam 1 and Dublin 1 next week....can't wait!

wow thats an awesome story!