Where were you 24 years ago today?

illumination70

• Subscriber

that was a weird day for me. I had just graduated college in 1985...just starting my career as a med tech. I was watching live aid at my mom's where i wasliving at the time( remember the U2 performance well). But when Mick Jagger came on with Tina turner, I got a phone call from an ex-girlfriend who I had beentotally in love with. My 1st love really. We had gone to see the Stones in Philadelphia, the 1st show on their tatoo you tour. Jagger reminded her of that andshe called me. it was fantastic talking to her. That had been such a bittersweet concert. We had a whirlwind romance during the summer of 1981, and I found outat the end of it that she had decided to MARRY the her Marine boyfriend stationed in Alabama. She told me it wasn't a serious thing...but it apparentlybecame a very serious thing when he came hme to visit and found out about me. Totally crushed me.......just now starting to recover a quarter centurylater.........

oh yeah...she might have had my child, also....but that's just a guess......

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

petermullen wrote:

that was a weird day for me. I had just graduated college in 1985...just starting my career as a med tech. I was watching live aid at my mom's where i was living at the time( remember the U2 performance well). But when Mick Jagger came on with Tina turner, I got a phone call from an ex-girlfriend who I had been totally in love with. My 1st love really. We had gone to see the Stones in Philadelphia, the 1st show on their tatoo you tour. Jagger reminded her of that and she called me. it was fantastic talking to her. That had been such a bittersweet concert. We had a whirlwind romance during the summer of 1981, and I found out at the end of it that she had decided to MARRY the her Marine boyfriend stationed in Alabama. She told me it wasn't a serious thing...but it apparently became a very serious thing when he came hme to visit and found out about me. Totally crushed me.......just now starting to recover a quarter century later.........

oh yeah...she might have had my child, also....but that's just a guess......

OMG, I don't know what to say, but I'm sorry that happened and you're in my prayers.

((HUGS))

• Subscriber

I HAD JUST HAD MY SON NOW 24 AND CRIED FOR A WEEK BEACAUSE I COULD NOT GO.

WENT THE YEAR AFTER TO SEE QUEEN THINKING IT WAS TO BE AS GOOD

THEN IN 1987 SAW U2 AND BOWIE BOTH TWICE YEP I WAS A GROUPIE

• Subscriber

Good - Watching Live Aid like everyone else, listening to Bob Geldof shouting at the crowd (was he the first to use the F word on TV, maybe?)

Bad - At the end of a hideous relationship, 1985 was a turning point.

Petermullen - your story is sad. I agree 1981 was a good year for romances but mine didn't last either. I wish you well.

smile.gif

• Subscriber

it was a nice summers day cool sea breeze, sat in all day watching the tv and listening to the simultaneous stereo radio broadcast. i watched all the UK stuffand most of the USA show - then went out night clubbing :)