Bono in the Bruno Movie

Well. I would say this: I am not a fan of any of the Borat movies because THEY ARE ALL DUMB! The actor iwho s portraying Borat believes that abrasive parody ishiliarious. For example, Bruno adopts an African child who is shipped in a box and he says (Im paraphrasing here) if Madonna and Angelina Jolie can do it socan I...I didn't see the humor in that at all. But Bono being in Bruno...well that his choice...And Im not preaching but that is why we should understandthat all human have some fraility and imperfection..Society and the person themselves create such an infallibel image that its hard to seperate whether theyare Gods or Mortal Beings...If we believe that a man (besides God/Jesus) have no wrongs than show me who he is so I can learn about that lifestyle...As forBono leading the world in human rights its a wonderful thing because an average person cannot perform such tasks nor have the power to command suchattention--I think it would interesting to see but I wouldn't want to waste 2 hours of my life watching a bunch people poking fun at each other (especiallythe elite) while there are many other things going on in this world..Recession, Jobless rate increasing, Lack of resources, etc...which I think the lower 90%falls into one of these categories...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

007sista wrote:

Well. I would say this: I am not a fan of any of the Borat movies because THEY ARE ALL DUMB! The actor iwho s portraying Borat believes that abrasive parody is hiliarious. For example, Bruno adopts an African child who is shipped in a box and he says (Im paraphrasing here) if Madonna and Angelina Jolie can do it so can I...I didn't see the humor in that at all. But Bono being in Bruno...well that his choice...And Im not preaching but that is why we should understand that all human have some fraility and imperfection..Society and the person themselves create such an infallibel image that its hard to seperate whether they are Gods or Mortal Beings...If we believe that a man (besides God/Jesus) have no wrongs than show me who he is so I can learn about that lifestyle...As for Bono leading the world in human rights its a wonderful thing because an average person cannot perform such tasks nor have the power to command such attention--I think it would interesting to see but I wouldn't want to waste 2 hours of my life watching a bunch people poking fun at each other (especially the elite) while there are many other things going on in this world..Recession, Jobless rate increasing, Lack of resources, etc...which I think the lower 90% falls into one of these categories...

So its frailty and imperfection to make fun of yourself? Hahahahaha! Look, the fact that you don't get it is fine. But the fact that you want to make itinto some kind of study of the human condition is what makes the whole argument pointless. Any "average" person with ample resources and enoughpassion could do what Bono has done. He is human, just like the rest of us, no better, no worse.

Now, THAT was such a shock. My jaw literally dropped on the floor :).

But, not a disappointment. Just, in general, would never expect to see Bono, Martin, Sting and the rest in the ending song...

Now, THAT was such a shock. My jaw literally dropped on the floor :).

But, not a disappointment. Just, in general, would never expect to see Bono, Martin, Sting and the rest in the ending song...

• Subscriber

I didnt know Bono was in the movie my hubby didnt tell me sneaky guy. But I was catching the references and the black child from Africa etc throughout. Istarted to wonder how U2 was going to figure in this?

Its not just about rednecks, its about human reactions to things. I love the "designer" giving experts. They knew nothing about what they weregeting people to donate to. I found the parents willing to have their babies perform more offensive than anything else in the movie.

Its like Zohan, there is alot to say underneath it all. Even in Zohan theres a part when they are all arguing about politics and they admit that including sexjokes in between lets you be able to say anything. Its a scene describing the movie. The same with Bruno. How to reach a whole new bunch of people to thinkand care. And the rest will just enoy or hate the movie. Kinda like U2's music. wink.gif

In fact I think Bono would have had to be in on it from the start. Hes actually the "pay off" in the movie. It wouldnt have worked without him.

Don't despair dearest: My children, very demanding in taste, being young that they are, surprised me by: First, in comes Chris, tells me, he has seen"Bono", my Prince. Than, he goes on to say how much he liked seeying Bono in the movie. Its like he finally got to see the man his mother has namedlovingly, the Prince and the Sun. Than, 3-4 days later, comes the daughter, "Lili" as we lovingly call he here, she tells me that she has finallyseen, my Prince in the movie Bruno, they don't go to judge Bono or anyone at the movie, they go to enjoy a movie, enjoy the people on it. Well, mychildren, starting with Delilah(Lili) she tells me she loves Bono in the movie, his acting and his singing, and she went on and on about his blue eyes. Justlike her mother, she realizes Bono is exactly what her mother says he is, a one of a kind man, a Prince in his own right. I am all for "Bono" theentertainer, to come into my home and the world's for that matter. I know that Bono always looks at the "Man in The Mirror", thats the man Realmsees all of the time. One man is the Man, another one is the personal, the entertainer. I would just love to see him do movies, funny ones, monster one'slike a aliens, but he has to be the captain of the vessel, never a "Sailor" but the captain. "Like in the movie, La Bamba" they play thissong in spanish, where he says "Yo no say marinero, soy capitan soy capitan", thats more fitting of my Prince. He is a captain, he is a conqueror, aman of taste and wisdom, plus he has faith. So you see, we all need a break from normalcy, I enjoy when he jumps his "current Realm" and entersanother one, because this is how I hope he will jump his "Current Realm and come to my Realm to meet me". So, I am all for his acting on Bruno. Realmloves Bono, who is also the Prince.

• Subscriber

yes other people who have not seen Bono will see him in this movie, and they will also understand the humour of poking fun at the "fake" in the worldand how one can be serious but still have fun.

You going to be brave and see it Rosa? just get over the first half hour then the rest is easy tongue.gif

On another note I did like the interiew with Harrison Ford roll.gif

Kitty Chan wrote:

yes other people who have not seen Bono will see him in this movie, and they will also understand the humour of poking fun at the "fake" in the world and how one can be serious but still have fun.

You going to be brave and see it Rosa? just get over the first half hour then the rest is easy
tongue.gif

On another note I did like the interiew with Harrison Ford
roll.gif

That was the most in-depth interview I have ever seen!!! How about you?!

• Subscriber

Harrison was moving, even inspirational, I wept, I cried, it should have been in 3D

ps have to admit I borrowed that last part from a guy being interiewed after a screening of Alien 2 wink.gif

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm pretty sure you need to just chill out. The whole thing is a joke. Does it offend you? Well...in the words ofyour hero himself, "Am I bugging you? Don't mean to bug you...."