FLAG-MOB - U2 Chorzow 2009

Zbych

• Subscriber

U2 FLAG-MOB - 360° - POLAND ON THE HOR I ZON

On the 6th of August U2 will again play in Poland. Just like the last time Polish fans prepare a huge FLAG-MOB aiming to turn the Stadium in to a giganticWhite and Red flag.

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?

If you have GRANDSTAND/SEATS tickets, you take something WHITE (towel, t-shirt,paper, white glowing mobile etc.).

If you have PITCH/GRASS tickets you should take something RED.

When the band starts to play "New Year's Day" - the song inspired by Solidarity Movement and Lech Walesa - everyone starts towave with shirts, papers, towel and thus massive FLAG will be created.

WHAT IF U2 DOESN'T PLAY NEW YEAR's DAY?

Even though, so far NYD haven't been played on 360 tour, we can be sure that in Poland, it will be. The Edge promised that in a conversation withPolish fan during tour rehersals.

In Dublin on the 27th of July New Year's Day has been soundchecked and later played at the show, so THERE ARE NO DOUBTs about U2 playing it in Poland!Hurrah!

WATCH THE 2005 FLAG:

Take your time and have a look at the short documentary showing the 2005 Flag-Mob. There were tears of joy, dropped jaws and speechless mouths all over thestadium: WATCH

READ THE STORY OF THE FLAG

Wirten by the "Godfahter" of the whole FLAG-MOB concept READ

HELP US SPREAD THE NEWS

Download the PDF file and spreadthe news around, if you know someone who's going to Chorzow-show - inform him, show the Flag Story and the special video.

REGARDLESS OF YOUR NATIONAL COLOURS - JOIN US!

LET's MAKE THE SLASKI STADIUM WHITE & RED AGAIN!

YOU WILL NEVER FORGET THAT EXPERIENCE…

just like BONO who descirbed 2005 FlagMob as the Highlight of the tour (U2byU2) and One Of The Great Days Of His Life, we are repeatig ourselfs but in a 360 style

POLAND IS ON THE HOR I ZON! …. SOON!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Hello,

First off thanks to the band for making another opportunity to create The Flag and letting newbies be part of what they missed four yearsago and the old fan crew experience undoubtedly their best U2 moment again. Not only was it an exeptional gig for me because of the action but also because itwas my first concert ever and it was on my Name Day. I gathered at lucky gate No 7 to take a stand in the first row and enjoyed partying on a pitch with otherzealots.

It left me at a loss for words and with my jaws dropped for the whole NYD that memorable evening. Peoples' sweating eyes, joy andfacial expression was worth the struggle to make a dream come true and impossible things at it seemed at first - possible. It's cool we're doing itagain.

Reading mails from foreigners with wave back requests at social networks make me smile now so thank you Zbych for great idea and all youreffort. Everything happens for a reason.

I hope and I wish they would play a few songs I'd like to see live like Mysterious Ways/Even Better Than The real Thing (The PerfectoMix), Crazy Remix, Acrobat, Vertigo (the banjo version), Winter and mostly Fez-Being Born or WOWY with drums part same as at Tempe concert(19.12.1987).

Three more days now...see you soon and reserve more space for Tri-city quarter representatives.

- Karolina/Caroli

• Community Manager

any fans who will be at the zagreb show who were also at the sarajevo show in 1997?

please PM myself or Baja with contact details, including email and telephone number (please do not post those details here)

thanks