Bono and Bush

in8chro

Just read a story about Bono bragging about avoiding Bush in a 2006 meeting that involved their work with AIDS. Regardless of what you think of Bush andpolitics aside. There is a single person on this planet that has done more for AIDS in Africa than President Bush. I have been a U2 fan from their first album,actually the first 2 CD's that I bought were Sgt. Peppers and The Unforgettable Fire. I still think that they are one of the greatest bands of all time andstill love their music. But when I read how he dodged Bush i lost a lot of respect for him. It blows me away how Bono, a Christian, would embrace obama anddodge Bush. Get some class Bono, you are only making yourself look cheap and petty. And as a Christian, try picking up your Bible and reading it sometime.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

in8chro wrote:

Just read a story about Bono bragging about avoiding Bush in a 2006 meeting that involved their work with AIDS. Regardless of what you think of Bush and politics aside. There is a single person on this planet that has done more for AIDS in Africa than President Bush. I have been a U2 fan from their first album, actually the first 2 CD's that I bought were Sgt. Peppers and The Unforgettable Fire. I still think that they are one of the greatest bands of all time and still love their music. But when I read how he dodged Bush i lost a lot of respect for him. It blows me away how Bono, a Christian, would embrace obama and dodge Bush. Get some class Bono, you are only making yourself look cheap and petty. And as a Christian, try picking up your Bible and reading it sometime.

From your words I have the impression that you haven't even watched the coment by yourself, so I think it would be a good idea if you checked it, it was onJonathan Cross programme last Friday and it is on youtube, I don't think there was anything offensive towards the former president, even if he was"invited" to do it. The other thing that I can't understand is why a Christian can't prefer Mr. Obama instead of Mr. Bush and I don'tunderstand why you involve the Bible in all this, or are you implying that only ultra-right people can be religious?

I'm so disappointed to hear that. Even if they disagree politically, it's classless to brag about it. It makes Obama look bad too.

I don't expect U2 to be perfect role models, or as Christians have to conform politically, but this is just about class and respect. That was terrible.

romanseight wrote:

I'm so disappointed to hear that. Even if they disagree politically, it's classless to brag about it. It makes Obama look bad too.

I don't expect U2 to be perfect role models, or as Christians have to conform politically, but this is just about class and respect. That was terrible.

Respect for a man who spent his life until 40 in a drug/alcohol haze, violated the Constitustion, and caused the deaths of innocent Iraqis in a war which heand his cronies made up false intelligence to support? Gotta love the right wing conservative Bush people! After all...."Choose Life! No abortions!"Once they're out of the womb and they're in Iraq? Fair game! Last I heard, Barack never started a war under false pretenses, thats much more"Christian" than anything that fucker Bush did. If there is a hell Bush and his buddies will be the ones there.

in8chro wrote:

Just read a story about Bono bragging about avoiding Bush in a 2006 meeting that involved their work with AIDS. Regardless of what you think of Bush and politics aside. There is a single person on this planet that has done more for AIDS in Africa than President Bush. I have been a U2 fan from their first album, actually the first 2 CD's that I bought were Sgt. Peppers and The Unforgettable Fire. I still think that they are one of the greatest bands of all time and still love their music. But when I read how he dodged Bush i lost a lot of respect for him. It blows me away how Bono, a Christian, would embrace obama and dodge Bush. Get some class Bono, you are only making yourself look cheap and petty. And as a Christian, try picking up your Bible and reading it sometime.

Why don't you? "Thou Shalt Not Kill" + Iraq = Bush bullshit. Go watch Fox News. I don't recall it saying ANYWHERE in the Bible that one hasto acknowledge war criminals/coke-heads/liars/thives/ruiners of entire countries? Or did I miss that?