A question about U2's band members.

illumination70

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. I think Larry is a vegan, Adam looks like a long distance runner, Edge practices that Irish yoga.... and I think Bono just wears himself outtalking. :-)))

Seriously, these guys put their family and band in front of everything, they never had the drug abuse issues... apart from some herb, that plague other bands.Adam took care of himself after his breakdown down under on the Zootv tour... he could have been the rock and roll cliche, but grew the hell up. (I think NaomiCampbell would drive anyone to drink, imo)

Adam-the long,distance running would make sense because he has those long, legs to help him out during those workouts.
The Edge-I remember watching him doing the yoga in that "Day in the life" video
Larry-I guess him being a vegan would cancell out any possibility of me treating Mr Mullen out to a burger or plate of barbecue ribs when my next cravinghits LOL.
roll.gif

Apparently Bono put on a lot of weight while they were on their extended break and had to go through a rigorous exercise programme to be fit for the new tour.The rest of them exercise regularly and generally look after themselves.

Fortitude wrote:

Apparently Bono put on a lot of weight while they were on their extended break and had to go through a rigorous exercise programme to be fit for the new tour. The rest of them exercise regularly and generally look after themselves.

I've noticed a lot of lead singers such as, Bono, Simon LeBon and Gene Simmons constantly fight the "battle of the bulge"

Mick Jagger is still in top notch shape, so lean and trim with a tight ab area and I think, still great energy and cardio endurance for shows.

Everyone says that the 80's hair group Whitesnake is a joke, so to have a laugh, I went to see them live 3 years ago, and I saw men with open shirts andwashboard abs doing a kick-ass performance. I wasn't laughing. I was enjoying them!

Last year on the Van Halen tour, David Lee Roth had the body of a 20 something, and I think he's about 50.

David Lee Roth was truely inspiring to seetongue.gif

xtraspicy62 wrote:

Mick Jagger is still in top notch shape, so lean and trim with a tight ab area and I think, still great energy and cardio endurance for shows.

Everyone says that the 80's hair group Whitesnake is a joke, so to have a laugh, I went to see them live 3 years ago, and I saw men with open shirts and washboard abs doing a kick-ass performance. I wasn't laughing. I was enjoying them!

Last year on the Van Halen tour, David Lee Roth had the body of a 20 something, and I think he's about 50.

David Lee Roth was truely inspiring to see

I hear ya because a lot of musicians from the 70's and 80's are still in good shape because Paul Stanley (KISS) and John Taylor (DuranDuran).

• Subscriber

Unlike most men preparing for a U2 gig, Bono probably has one of those girlie face masks and teams of dermatologists smoothing out those wrinkles... I thoughthe looked ancient in the photos from the premiere of U23D, but he seems to have lost ten years in the meantime.