Anyone going to Chicago in Sept?

bowlingbono

I have tickets to both nights in Chicago and am super excited to see my favorite band 2 nights in a row. This is the ultimate for me for concerts. I actuallyhave tix 13 rows behind the stage. I still don't know how I pulled that off. I didn't even go to great lengths to get them or anything. I would havesat up on the lights to see my boys. Is anyone else going? I'm from Cleveland, Ohio. Oh, and if anyone has sat "behind the stage" what is it likeon this tour? I didn't care where I was for these shows.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am attending the concert in Chicago...between flights, tickets, hotel, cabs, food, child care (3 wee ones) back home, and "entertainment"$$$...this has become ONE expensive surprise b-day gift for my husband's 45th. AM NOW NERVOUS. We are in row 15 in Section 151....am I going to be ableto see the band or just the back of the band? Also, are any items banned such as camera???

Thank you!!

Sococo123 wrote:

I too am attending the concert in Chicago...between flights, tickets, hotel, cabs, food, child care (3 wee ones) back home, and "entertainment" $$$...this has become ONE expensive surprise b-day gift for my husband's 45th. AM NOW NERVOUS. We are in row 15 in Section 151....am I going to be able to see the band or just the back of the band? Also, are any items banned such as camera???

Thank you!!

I think I'm in 151 as well. What night are you going? I'm attending both nights. The band walks around. Especially Bono. They recognizeeveryone in the crowd. Even tho we are behind the stage, we are very close to them. U2 is pretty cool about cameras. Call Soldier Field the day of the show andthey will tell you yes or no. Like I said, U2 does not have a strict camera policy. Basically no professional cameras or video cams, everything else is ok.I'm in row 13 one night and I believe row 15 the other night. I will get back to you on this.

• Subscriber

My husband and I are attending the September 12th show.We have GA tickets as well.

And we're from Cleveland,too :-)

I saw them in Berlin in July from far back in the stadium and am super excited to be closer to the stage this time around!

Elmo2205 wrote:

My husband and I are attending the September 12th show.We have GA tickets as well.

And we're from Cleveland,too :-)

I saw them in Berlin in July from far back in the stadium and am super excited to be closer to the stage this time around!

Are you from the west side? I am. That is awesome you are in GA. I tried but no luck. I'm happy just to get tickets. I'm gonna try to meet them before the show. That would be soooo cool. Look into it, maybe we'll run into each other
:)

My daughter is moving up to Chicago, she has been living between there and Florida the past few months. I was wondering if she was going on the 12th, I askedher and she said the closest she is getting to any Irish music is she is going to see Gaelic Storm on the 20th of Sept. She use to be an Irish dancer and herfirst U2 concert she was 11. *wahine ponders suprising her with some tickets to U2*