Bono's vocals

I don't know about anyone else, but I thought Bono sang terribly overall at the Rose Bowl. There were a few good moments, but to me he kinda sounded like a half drunk old man - lazing phrasing, crackling voice. Sure he looked like he was enjoying himself but that didn't improve things for me. Quite disappointing really.

Now don't anyone go on saying I'm a Bono-hater either. I just call it how I see/ hear it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortitude, that was harsh :| I agree with you that his voice sounded strangled at the beginning, I was very worried, but during the concert he managed to go better and better, and he still had a fantastic voice for MOS.

I was listening to the Milan 1 bootleg and there he was simply magnificent, but it was just the 3rd concert of the European tour.

I think that he was a bit stressed and tired, like the others (Adam and Edge made some mistakes, too), but he saved his a** in a good way, in the end.

• Subscriber

Yesterday's concert wasn't the best I've seen during this tour, not only Bono, all of them made mistakes, they were really stressed as they had a great responsibility, in a way they reminded me of Barcelona 1, but of course there have been more than forty concerts since that day and Bono's voice was a bit tired, I was worried, not for the concert but for his health a couple of times, but then he recovered quite a lot and taking into account that they have only one concert left, I think everything will be alright again when he rests for a few days. These things happens, when your guitar string breaks, you buy a new one, but when your vocal chords are tired you can't change them, then again this has happened at the end of the tour, which is quite normal, remember that a very little cold can affect someone's voice even if you don't work with it, much more when you do it. Anyway I still think his average performance during it has been much better than during the last three tours.

• Subscriber
Not sure about you but I thought the bands energy and Bonos voice were top notch.  Bono was pumped up for this show!!!  I even commented to a friend that his voice sounded amazing!  
Well, I admit I'm a bit sensitive when talking of voices, maybe because of my job and because I have vocal problems myself, I tend to be alarmed easily, I don't want to say that he sang bad, just that he was tired, consider that I followed them through Europe, when they were just starting the tour and his voice was the best I had heard from the Joshua Tree, Barcelona, Dublin, UK...; Bono is really happy singing which I'm sure means that everything is alright.
  • Subscriber

I think he sounded phenomenal in all tours! I thought Rose Bowl show was awesome. Bono was so pumped and into it. What a band. Again, I know I say it over and over, but they are the best live band in the universe!!!!

• Subscriber

[quote name='antonija_croatia wrote:

deannamarieu2']Bono has one of the best voices in the history of any singers male or female. face it non believers!!! he is damn superior to the others.

he looks sexy and young for his age as well and his voice also has the ability to be soft sultry and smoky as well as to be upbeat lively and defiant after all these years. listen to the very old stuff...even the unreleased stuff/ live recordings from pubs etc. Yes, you can hear a difference, but that is because he was a 'BOY' then and now he is a MAN. but thats the only difference.

God bless Bono and the boys --safe travels and health.

"Bono has one of the best voices in the history of any singers male or female"

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!