Love and Community-How Do You Make A Difference?

xtraspicy62

• Subscriber

xtraspicy62 wrote:

How do you make a difference in your community?

Do you pay it forward? volunteer? pray for a neighbor? work at a shelter? big brother/sister?

it's cool to hear this stuff...Please share!

Even though I get paid to do what I do. I know I'm making a difference. It takes great patience and a good sense of humor to give of yourselfto a community and it takes a lot of love. It's not always easy though, especially when you have to be very understanding of people's needs. Often haveto keep repeating yourself over and over to the same people, because they are not able to understand. Because of their mental state, and their bodies slowlybreaking down, then some get pissed at you. Some get sick and die, it is very hard sometimes. But it is very cool work, I just "try" to make peoplelaugh or smile or crack a smile..anything!

• Subscriber

xtraspicy62 wrote:

I bought a homeless man dinner and also ate with him keeping him company...he has obvious schizophrenia and was very underweight. His name he told me is Albert. I say a prayer for albert when I can...

I've never sat down and eaten with a homeless person before, but I have bought sandwiches for the homeless. A good WAY and quick way is goingSUBWAY.

Also, I have a story to share. Happened a few years back. When they were having a Barbeque at our church for a ministry. On the menu was hot dogs, beans, ricealong with chips, fruit etc....well....there was a long line of people coming to get food and they didn't think there was enough. And as everyone was beingserved. Everyone noticed how nothing was vanishing or the food containers remained the same. Even as they were serving. They were all saying, "whyaren't we running out of food" It was happening with the beans and rice..lol...don't know why(and I've heard)it's always beans andrice..hahah...anyway....the aluminum tins appeared bottomless and when they were all done serving. They didn't know what to do with the rest of the food.So, someone said. Let's drive to downtown L.A. to the shelter and give them the rest of the food. We'll......everyone was amazed and they all knew whathad happened. The food had multiplied. Just like in the gospels! True story!! I know of this happening one other time with another church. : ) I told aCatholic priest this story one time, and you know what he did. He just rolled his eyes at me!!! eyes.gif Thought I was crazy!! roll.gif

thanks for the hugs, illumination. I can always count on you to send a good vibecute.gif.

u2La woman, have you been to LAMP on skid row?

A good movie to see is The Soloist, with Jamie lee Fox-an oscar winning performance about a true story of a homeless man in LA who was a musical genius!

Reach out and touch some body...pay it forward..therefore but for the grace of god....!