New Members Introduction Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber

Im a new member here, though been a fan of many years, Im from South Wales. I first started liking songs from the band from the War album but my actual first concert was on the Popmart tout at Wembley though the last time I saw them was in Cardiff inn 2009 on the 360 tour

• Subscriber

In 1987 December 3rd, for my second U2 tour, I had been in line for 3 days at the gate of the Orange Bowl in Miami, FL. I wasn't just a fan I was a fanatic. I was about 10th in line to get in for a GA spot on the field. A friend showed up on day 2 and wanted to squeeze in, he brought his girlfriend and another cute girl. I made a deal, I had heard what hotel the band was at and wanted to try and get a signature on a friends guitar. So to hold my spot I left them in line. I left and went to the hotel and got that signature..

I came back and jumped back in line but couldn't find my friends and we were starting to get mushed at the front. The gates opened and we rushed forward to a good spot. As we sat there we got squeeze together, when we saw my friends, so I asked the cute girl to scoot closer and she did, shy as she was. We listened to Buckwheat Zydeco, it was interesting but not our focus for the evening.

Then it happened, we stood up to the sound of a guitar and the sight of the closed curtains, I pulled her up and asked her to dance, she looked at me and I kissed her. Very bold move, what was I thinking...

I married this girl, and we have been together since that day, so this tour marks 30 years for U2 and 30 years for US together. A memory we cherish and a concert we will not miss this year!!!

That's all, thanks for the cool forum.

• Subscriber

post-326837-0-67236600-1484074382_thumb.jpg I am not new here have being a member for over 30 years. But did not know where to post this.

I will be 50 on the 22nd of July and will be in Croke Park in GA. When I heard U2 were playing Croke Park that day my dreams started to come true 80000 people at my birthday and U2 on stage live that's a birthday to remember. If Bono reads this he might get me on stage and that would top any birthday. You never know my dreams may be realised

Edited by mich40
Personal information given

• Subscriber

Hi everyone 

Im a new subscriber here but Ive been a U2 fan since 1983!

Just a couple of questions ............ 

I cant seem to access my U2 email? In the dropdown menu on my name it says webmail but when I try to sign in it wont let me?

Also - I thought you could stream all U2 songs on here? Where? 

Thanks all!

• Subscriber

Hi everyone 

I cant seem to access my U2 email? In the dropdown menu on my name it says webmail but when I try to sign in it wont let me?

Thanks all!

email: sadly, it hasn't worked for a while...

streaming media : http://www.u2.com/music  and http://www.u2.com/media#

• Subscriber

Hi everyone 

Thanks all!

email: sadly, it hasn't worked for a while...

streaming media : http://www.u2.com/music  and http://www.u2.com/media#

Thanks Max .......... Ive tried the links but all I seem to get is the lyrics - I try to open the player but nothing??