Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xtraspicy62

"what time is it" ASKS BONO. WHAT DOES HE MEAN?

I saw an advert for a new film starring

Milla Jojovich called the fourth or something like that.

One 9of the clips definatley centred on a clock

which read 333

and we all know Ms Jojovich was in

the Millon Dollar Hotel

(and even sang too.)

so I reckon this is defnatley a connection.

Close 2

Close encounters of the 3rd kind

But the fourth.

Wow

What a vivd imagination.

Anyway are wee gonna review 212 anytime soon please ?

i'm sure i'd find plenty to about about that.

?

what? ha ha ha! then how bout  9:09 st john devine?

Bono likes to point to scripture with little hints. Not sure it's related... but Breathe is about becoming free in one's faith by focusing on one's personal relationship with Christ and throwing out all the man-made "extras" that usually only make people feel trapped or suffocated. John 9:9 refers to a blind beggar who has been healed by Jesus, and is now free of the blindness. As I said, I might be reaching on this one.... but it's possible.

I'm sure bono would be the first to say "I was blind, but now I see"

bono can take me to church, anytime

"SUN,PRINCEBONO2012: Can you see that all the lights, all over the world are focused on U2 now. Just U Prince. Do you know how the Lost Little Girl feels? She's extremely happy, proud, feeling a kind of joy that exceeds any she has ever felt. It is the right time for Bono to see the he is what Realm says he is, Realm always sees the Prince ahead of time into the future, Realm feels that justice has been done this year, because now, her Prince Bono and U2 have finally taken the energies they possess and formed a full blown SPHERE, and it is and it can be seen in real time, real life, all the planet is rejoicing at seeying my most beloved Bono, the most beloved stranger, man, The Prince so adored, finally shining in the heart of the lost little girl just like when she was a baby girl walking with him. As Big as Bono looks today, thats how loved and big he looked to her thru her eyes. No wonder she adores him way into the future thru space, time and distance, I Realm do not blame her, I join her in her love for Bono and U2. We are both in love with Bono, this love is not exactly the usual kind of love, it is a higher level kind of love. We love being able to connect thru the energy of the universe to Bono. He is the most sweet man in the world. I Realm love his energy, I must say, Prince, when can I meet you in person in close distance like 2 feet apart only? Next year at the concert or in NY times square. I looked at the Time building and I wondered if you were inside recently. I looked hard at that building.

Realm

What Bono means when he asks what time is it, is look at what is happening in the world.  These "times" are perilous for many people in many ways.  Bono's lyrics are always esoteric, and if you read any of his books, or books in which he has been quoted, his main topic is: look at what you are doing to yourself and those around you.  Yes, he is Christian, and yes, he wants to do good to his fellow man, and wants others to do so as well.  But he takes it even farther than that, more than asking we be merciful and kind.  He requests that we all look at our own desire for justice, and to be just with the less fortunate: the poverty-stricken, the illness-stricken, and those who've lost their way. 

U2 is more than a band; it's a movement.

yes, urock, youre right about that...and for anyone interested on the digital clock on the jumbo screen, if u go to the rebroadcast which is on youtube, you can plainly see that the green digital clock is at 3:33!

???Do the hands upon the clock on the jumbo not hold at 7:15, even though the seconds hand ticks away during the intro(Breathe) at all the 360 shows. watch closely!!

What Bono means when he asks what time is it, is look at what is happening in the world.  These "times" are perilous for many people in many ways.  Bono's lyrics are always esoteric, and if you read any of his books, or books in which he has been quoted, his main topic is: look at what you are doing to yourself and those around you.  Yes, he is Christian, and yes, he wants to do good to his fellow man, and wants others to do so as well.  But he takes it even farther than that, more than asking we be merciful and kind.  He requests that we all look at our own desire for justice, and to be just with the less fortunate: the poverty-stricken, the illness-stricken, and those who've lost their way. 

U2 is more than a band; it's a movement.

Urock, your post above is probably the best description and explanation of what it is about this band that makes people just cleave to them that I have ever seen! You are bang on about where Bono takes his message. Yes, he is Christian, but more importantly, he puts his faith into ACTION, and applies it in the most ecumenical and inclusive way possible. I have always loved the balance Bono has applied to stating his faith - and NOT apologizing for it - but using that same faith to call for people of EVERY faith to work together for the betterment of our world. As he said in '05 during SBS, we are all Sons of Abraham.

Your last bit, "U2 is more than a band; it's a movement," that should be bumper sticker! What a great way to put it - and it sums up so nicely what happens to people when they go to their first concert and discover that it really is a life-changing experience, especially if they start delving into the meaning behind the music, and the work that has gone on off-stage (One, Music Rising, Larry's hemet campaign..... )

Great post!

Great posts all - but surely Bono is merely repeating the question raised by that most insightful and quasi-prophetic of recent cultural phenonmenons - HSM. To which the reply is "It's summer time".