Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zhivvy

Some days I'm just so dumb....

So glad you found them Barbara - I hate it when you know that you have thrown something away when you need it. Blame the weather lol! It has frozen your brain!
could be an excuse, but it happenend last spring... weather was very nice back then, but not warm enough to use that as an excuse either.. just distracted with all the womans-work maybe???laugh.gif

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy']So glad you found them Barbara - I hate it when you know that you have thrown something away when you need it. Blame the weather lol! It has frozen your brain!

could be an excuse, but it happenend last spring... weather was very nice back then, but not warm enough to use that as an excuse either.. just distracted with all the womans-work maybe???laugh.gif

|Must be, all the pressure which we get put on us - it's not fair, we can't cope all of the time!

Disclaimer: I have had a cold which has made my head go all wobbly!

The other day I was in hte kitchen emptying and refilling the dishwasher. As i was putting the dirty plates in it my cat came into the kitchen meowing for food - as normal. I realised that it was his teatime so i went to the cupboard to get his biscuits. I got a bit confused and went back to the dishwasher and began to pour his biscuits into the tablet holder of the dishwasher! That was bad enough but i continued doing it wondering why they weren't fitting into his bowl! - It took me a while to realise that it wasn't fitting because it was a dishwasher and not a food bowl!!!

Somedays I'm just so dumb!!!!tongue.gif

The other day I was in hte kitchen emptying and refilling the dishwasher. As i was putting the dirty plates in it my cat came into the kitchen meowing for food - as normal. I realised that it was his teatime so i went to the cupboard to get his biscuits. I got a bit confused and went back to the dishwasher and began to pour his biscuits into the tablet holder of the dishwasher! That was bad enough but i continued doing it wondering why they weren't fitting into his bowl! - It took me a while to realise that it wasn't fitting because it was a dishwasher and not a food bowl!!!

roll.gifroll.gif   hope you didnt put the dishwasher-soap in the cats eatingbowl aswell!!!roll.gifroll.gif

roll.gifroll.gif

Zhivvy']Disclaimer: I have had a cold which has made my head go all wobbly!

Somedays I'm just so dumb!!!!
tongue.gif

roll.gifroll.gif   hope you didnt put the dishwasher-soap in the cats eatingbowl aswell!!!roll.gifroll.gif

roll.gifroll.gif

managed to not do that!!! But the cat was looking at me as if to say what the hell are you doing? 

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

tongue.gif

roll.gifroll.gif

hope you didnt put the dishwasher-soap in the cats eatingbowl aswell!!!
roll.gifroll.gif

roll.gifroll.gif

managed to not do that!!! But the cat was looking at me as if to say what the hell are you doing? 

isnt she used to it by now?!tongue.gif

Zhivvy wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

tongue.gif

roll.gifroll.gif

hope you didnt put the dishwasher-soap in the cats eatingbowl aswell!!!
roll.gifroll.gif

roll.gifroll.gif

isnt she used to it by now?!tongue.gif

You'd think!!!!laugh.gif

OMG, you really need a disclaimer for this one !

[quote name='jojes wrote:

tongue.gif

I was really ill and my head was really confused - that was really dumb even by my dizzy standards!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

jojes wrote:

tongue.gif

I was really ill and my head was really confused

nothing to do with certain red fluid then, zhiv???

Zhivvy wrote:

jojes wrote:

tongue.gif

I was really ill and my head was really confused

nothing to do with certain red fluid then, zhiv???

No! because if it was the cat's dinnertime it would have been about half past four and even i am not that bad!tongue.gif

I can't believe I missed this thread. Some really funny stuff going on there. Loved your stories people!

I was looking for my glasses the other day. i spent about 3 minutes looking for them before realising I was wearing them!

My brother, as a kid, drank white spirits. He thought it was water. Needless to say, he spent a week in hospital.

I arrived at my hotel in Maastricht. After getting out of the taxi and turning to enter the building, I walked into the window.

I had to get up on stage one time to give a speech and tripping over the cables, I fell over knocking the rostrum with a bang.

I was in the canteen some years ago when I knocked all my food over the floor. The whole place errupted with jeers. I think that was the most embarassing moment of my life.

...ever talk to a black booth, assuming it was your cat? eat chalk instead of cookie? go to work barefoot? eat the sweet&sauer-sauce, thinking it was soup? feed dishwashersoap to your cat- or was it the other way round?- give a bag of brandnew clothes and shoes to charity (not outta the kindness of your heart, though)? 

wanna see you beat all of that!!!

I went to work barefoot!!! I was a teacher, left home frazzled (as always!), realised half way there I was barefoot, too late to return home. Called my husband in desperation. Big mistake! He phoned the Principal who made an announcement over our closed circuit TV system and many extra shoes were delivered to my room - one teacher sent over his entire class to laugh at me and I was the subject of jokes for weeks. Btw, it's GROSS to walk across a middle school campus barefoot . . . spit, gum, food, etc.

I also cannot remember when to pick up my children from school. Wed. is a short day and my son is out at 1pm . . . last week I didn't show up because I forgot all about it until he called wondering where I was. Today I remembered, but forgot that this week, he had his rocketry mtg. after school - made two trips, one at 1 pm, then back home and returned again at 2:30. Went at 3 pm to pick up my daughter from her school, forgot she had math tutoring after school and had to return again at 3:30 . . . . . . . . I wish I could say I never do this sort of thing, but unfortunately I do it all the time!

And I just remembered that I told the stupid forgetting my shoes story back on page one . . . . . sigh!

And I just remembered that I told the stupid forgetting my shoes story back on page one . . . . . sigh!
yes but it was a good one and good to hear it again!!!

dont worry janette! you're not alone forgetting times to collect kids! my love is notorious for that too, 3 kids- 3 different schools -3 different closing-times....you can imagine his problem ; -))

this is one from our GP: he has 3 daughters (poor fellow!) 2 of them were at music-academy(wednesdayafternoon) he went to pick them up in between house-calls. his big doctor-case was in back of car, on one side. he stopped at the music-academie and the oldest girl stepped in at passengers-side. he heard the rear door of car been opened & closed.... and while talking to oldest, he started riding. came home and they went inside..his mom, who watches the kids while parents work (both GP's) asked why he'd only picked up one? the youngest was still at academy! cause she opened the door and there was his case, so she closed it again to walk to the other side of car, and he (assuming she stepped in, not paying much attention to it, cause of conversation with the other girl) took of ... he's a bit of a wag, so i asked if she believed that he didnt do it on purpose... he said she still didnt till that very day!

oh Janette ... don't mind ... I'm laughing as hard now as I was laughing the first time !

dont worry janette! you're not alone forgetting times to collect kids! my love is notorious for that too, 3 kids- 3 different schools -3 different closing-times....you can imagine his problem ; -))

this is one from our GP: he has 3 daughters (poor fellow!) 2 of them were at music-academy(wednesdayafternoon) he went to pick them up in between house-calls. his big doctor-case was in back of car, on one side. he stopped at the music-academie and the oldest girl stepped in at passengers-side. he heard the rear door of car been opened & closed.... and while talking to oldest, he started riding. came home and they went inside..his mom, who watches the kids while parents work (both GP's) asked why he'd only picked up one? the youngest was still at academy! cause she opened the door and there was his case, so she closed it again to walk to the other side of car, and he (assuming she stepped in, not paying much attention to it, cause of conversation with the other girl) took of ... he's a bit of a wag, so i asked if she believed that he didnt do it on purpose... he said she still didnt till that very day!

roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

What a dull GP we have ... have to change doctors !

[quote name='jojes wrote:

barbara1']dont worry janette! you're not alone forgetting times to collect kids! my love is notorious for that too, 3 kids- 3 different schools -3 different closing-times....you can imagine his problem ; -))

roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

What a dull GP we have ... have to change doctors !

happy.gif

Oh Jan, this is funny.  Very funny.  Can this be considered one of those dumb things? lol

[quote name='bandcompletely wrote:

Janette B']And I just remembered that I told the stupid forgetting my shoes story back on page one . . . . . sigh!

Oh Jan, this is funny.  Very funny.  Can this be considered one of those dumb things? lol

Sure it could!!!!

Done quite well, not done anything that dumb this week!!! (up to now!)

i wanna add my friend/colleague to this threat....

we have a couple of 'handymen' at work to repair stuff, do the painting... one off them found a cool trick to scare the women, he turns the lightswitch while being in the elevator! so my friend screamed because she got frightened by it... the funny guy teased her with it for a couple of days, laughing cause she was afraid in the dark...

she told me the story, very indignant and she said; i'm not at all afraid in the dark! only when the lights go out...

i couldnt stop laughing after she said that!!!

i wanna add my friend/colleague to this threat....

we have a couple of 'handymen' at work to repair stuff, do the painting... one off them found a cool trick to scare the women, he turns the lightswitch while being in the elevator! so my friend screamed because she got frightened by it... the funny guy teased her with it for a couple of days, laughing cause she was afraid in the dark...

she told me the story, very indignant and she said; i'm not at all afraid in the dark! only when the lights go out...

i couldnt stop laughing after she said that!!!

Lol! But sort of understand what she means - maybe that's because i'm so dumb too!!