Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zhivvy

Some days I'm just so dumb....

Lol thats really funny , which reminds me of one day my daughter and I came out of my dads home to head to the car go home , well my daughter and i hopped in the car and both realized I was in the passenger seat and my daughter was in the drivers , and true to god she said ; ummmmmmmm mum am i driving home ,, we just laughed and my dad just shook his head like we were really stupid...........That was funny , cant believe i forgot that , but that was a few years ago..........

Lol thats really funny , which reminds me of one day my daughter and I came out of my dads home to head to the car go home , well my daughter and i hopped in the car and both realized I was in the passenger seat and my daughter was in the drivers , and true to god she said ; ummmmmmmm mum am i driving home ,, we just laughed and my dad just shook his head like we were really stupid...........That was funny , cant believe i forgot that , but that was a few years ago..........

It's so good to know that we all have these moments!!

I can relate to teacher with no shoes.... I've taught a whole day with clothes on inside out. And it is always during the final class that a kid finally tells you!! 

I once went to school with slippers on instead of shoes.

I know there's much much more like that, just can't come up with anything at the moment.

Know the feeling : you know there's something like that, but you just can't remember what ... may be trying too hard ... or maybe just wanting to forget those emberassing moments !?

Oh, here's one :

a few weeks ago we were visiting some friends. Their daughter and our Liam had been playing with jigsaw puzzles.

When we were about to leave, I decided to help the kids clean up the mess they made.

I was putting together a puzzle ... thought I was missing some pieces ... asked if anyone had seen them ... while apparently I just had to put together the 2 big parts that were finished ... as it only was a 24 pieces puzzle, I felt quite the little child, as Liam & Manon had no problems before puting it together

Oh, here's one :

a few weeks ago we were visiting some friends. Their daughter and our Liam had been playing with jigsaw puzzles.

When we were about to leave, I decided to help the kids clean up the mess they made.

I was putting together a puzzle ... thought I was missing some pieces ... asked if anyone had seen them ... while apparently I just had to put together the 2 big parts that were finished ... as it only was a 24 pieces puzzle, I felt quite the little child, as Liam & Manon had no problems before putting it together

men are doing that all the time, shaking their head and going 'women'....

but it would be funny seeing you do that 123....

It's so good to know that we all have these moments!!

I can relate to teacher with no shoes.... I've taught a whole day with clothes on inside out. And it is always during the final class that a kid finally tells you!! 

kids are so cruell, arent they!!roll.gif

here's one : some years ago, i was making my special 'spaghetti bolognaise' (made it a 1000 times before!) i put the minced meat in the microwave (to defrost) and start to cut the vegetables and the bacon in little pieces...fried bacon, garlic and vegetables... poured the wine in (yes zhivvy, i dont drink it all), tomatoes and stock...let it all simmer...cooked the spaghetti, and dinner was ready, though i kept thinking it was so little, compared to other times ...

after dinner, doing the dishes , i cleaned the microwave.. and what did i found in it? 700 grams defrosted minced meat!! so,i made some meatballs for the next day.....

here's one : some years ago, i was making my special 'spaghetti bolognaise' (made it a 1000 times before!) i put the minced meat in the microwave (to defrost) and start to cut the vegetables and the bacon in little pieces...fried bacon, garlic and vegetables... poured the wine in (yes zhivvy, i dont drink it all), tomatoes and stock...let it all simmer...cooked the spaghetti, and dinner was ready, though i kept thinking it was so little, compared to other times ...

after dinner, doing the dishes , i cleaned the microwave.. and what did i found in it? 700 grams defrosted minced meat!! so,i made some meatballs for the next day.....

Lol! That one reminds me of one of my mum's  - I have caught this being dumb illness from her! - We ad a family christmas dinner and all my mum's sister and brother with partners were there. We all sat down eating the lovely dinner my mum had made when my uncle told her that she hadn't served him anything! My mum then had to go and get a plate from the kitchen and we all had to donate bits of our dinner so my uncle could eat!

That dinner-post reminds me of a Xmas a few years ago.

We were having Xmas dinner with Johan's parents, his sister & grandparents were there too. His grandmother liked Chinese food very much, so they ordered it for that evening.

When the went to get it at the restaurant, they told my father in law that there were some cups of tomato soup and one cup with the sweet&sour sauce for with the rolls. After having the soup we started with the rest of the dinner. I wanted to take some s&s sauce, but it tasted like ... yes, tomato soup !!! Apparently my father i.l. had eaten the s&s sauce instead of the soup !!! He told us afterwards that he already thought the "soup" tasted funny. Well, I can say that after all these years, it still frequently comes up when eating Chinese !

We were having Xmas dinner with Johan's parents, his sister & grandparents were there too. His grandmother liked Chinese food very much, so they ordered it for that evening.

When the went to get it at the restaurant, they told my father in law that there were some cups of tomato soup and one cup with the sweet&sour sauce for with the rolls. After having the soup we started with the rest of the dinner. I wanted to take some s&s sauce, but it tasted like ... yes, tomato soup !!! Apparently my father i.l. had eaten the s&s sauce instead of the soup !!! He told us afterwards that he already thought the "soup" tasted funny. Well, I can say that after all these years, it still frequently comes up when eating Chinese !

roll.gif

I don't know why but I remembered back to a few years ago when I was living in france. I was doing my best to learn French (it was speak french or don't talk for months!) I wasn't doing too badly with the family I was living with so I decided to be brave and venture into shops and speak to people on a trip to the town (I lived 15kms from a town on a farm) I was understanding french quite well and the speaking was improving but my accent wasn't too good (people say that when i speak English too!). I had written letters to freinds so decided to go and buy some stamps - not too difficult: "Je voudrais vingt timbres s'il vous plaît" I said, thinking I'd done well. I had a strange look and I kept on repeating " timbres" (stamps). Eventually the assistant gave me what I wanted and expalined to me that bad accent meant that I had been saying "tombe" which meant I'd been asking for 20 tombs!!

i bet it was a struggle for him getting through that cup of soup!

here's something hans (my husband....yes... it's not only us, women being dumb!) once did; he was making mussels for dinner once (mussels with chips is our national dish), meanwhile i wanted to clean some dishes and could not find the plug for the kitchensink...

during dinner , as the clams advanced real quick, we saw one very strange-looking mussel: the plug from the sink was found on the bottom of the kettle...

he also once made sponge-soup! same thing happends as with the plug: he cleaned some chicory and boiled it in the soup, and we discovered the sponge while eating the very nice 'chicory'soup... kids (and i!!)still tease him with this... every now and then someone askes when he's making the sponge-soup again?

I don't know why but I remembered back to a few years ago when I was living in france. I was doing my best to learn French (it was speak french or don't talk for months!) I wasn't doing too badly with the family I was living with so I decided to be brave and venture into shops and speak to people on a trip to the town (I lived 15kms from a town on a farm) I was understanding french quite well and the speaking was improving but my accent wasn't too good (people say that when i speak English too!). I had written letters to freinds so decided to go and buy some stamps - not too difficult: "Je voudrais vingt timbres s'il vous plaît" I said, thinking I'd done well. I had a strange look and I kept on repeating " timbres" (stamps). Eventually the assistant gave me what I wanted and expalined to me that bad accent meant that I had been saying "tombe" which meant I'd been asking for 20 tombs!!

roll.gifaccents are strange thinks, when our youngest was 2 months we travelled to spain by car (10 years ago), we stopped at this little diner and wanted to order the day's menu, on it was igado, so we asked el camarero what this was. he said:' in english it is liber', poor guy repeated it in every tone and key for 10 minutes or so, then we got the idea to replace the b by a v, remembering spanish people did not pronounce a v very well ..and indeed, it was liver on the menu that day... but we sure made that man sweat blood  tongue.gif

Ok, maybe not dumb but will make you laugh!

me and my daughter can be rather silly when we're together - she's only 6 so she's allowed to be.

One thing which we do lots is make up new words and rhyme words too.

The other day on leaving the supermarket we had been playing this game and I said something along the lines "...get out of the trolley, dolly you'll be sorry" etc (you get the idea)

I saw the rainy weather and commented something like "get in hte car, it's not far, blah blah blah"

She said " Yes because the weather is yucky, ducky, fu**y!"

I nearly died! She obviously didn't know what it means because we don't swear in front of her and not a word I use anyway. I just had to tell her the rhyming game was over for the evening (maybe forever!).

It was a long drive home before I could escape from her and laugh til my sides hurt!

me and my daughter can be rather silly when we're together - she's only 6 so she's allowed to be.

The other day on leaving the supermarket we had been playing this game and I said something along the lines "...get out of the trolley, dolly you'll be sorry" etc (you get the idea)

I saw the rainy weather and commented something like "get in hte car, it's not far, blah blah blah"

I nearly died! She obviously didn't know what it means because we don't swear in front of her and not a word I use anyway. I just had to tell her the rhyming game was over for the evening (maybe forever!).

It was a long drive home before I could escape from her and laugh til my sides hurt!

HAHA!!!!roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

I have dumb moments all the time. like this sunday my friend showed me how to run a soundboard and afterwards i said-i actually said this-"wow, i feel so much smarter now"embarassed.gif

now i feel so much dumber! lol

i know all about these situations with kids!! we had and still have to turn away so often so they can't see us laughing!!

my kids have this sharp sense of humor... .

when one of them says;' what's the smell in here?' the others react; 'just your mouth being to close to your nose!'

my daughter has this little 'gnoome'nose, and the boys are allways teasing her. Last week she asked; what is this on my cheek (pointed a place beside her nose, there was this pimple) boys immediatly said; don't worry it's called a nose!

I'm sure my parents had to do the same and hide laughter when my brother and I were younger! Kids do make you laugh so much - why I love being a teacher!!

My daughter also got two words mixed together once:

She was only about 2-3 years and was playing guess who. She wanted to ask my mum (who was playing with her) if she was wearing a crown or a cap and asked my mum is she had a crap on her head!!!

These keep on coming back to me: First tattoo I ever had - please remember I don't like needles:

"Ouch awwww, REALLY AWWW it feels like you're sticking needles in me!!" Then wondered why those around me laughed!  (and I'm getting my third soon  -not good!!)

These keep on coming back to me: First tattoo I ever had - please remember I don't like needles:

"Ouch awwww, REALLY AWWW it feels like you're sticking needles in me!!" Then wondered why those around me laughed!  (and I'm getting my third soon  -not good!!)

it was a very to the point remark! your just a clever girl...laugh.gif

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy']These keep on coming back to me: First tattoo I ever had - please remember I don't like needles:

it was a very to the point remark! your just a clever girl...laugh.gif

Why, thank you! My friends just laughed and called me dumb!!!