Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zhivvy

Some days I'm just so dumb....

still no pics of your second tattoo, zhivvy? curious about that one...eek.gif

and btw, what's the third one gonna look like?

still no pics of your second tattoo, zhivvy? curious about that one...eek.gif

and btw, what's the third one gonna look like?

The second is a celtic symbol on my hip - I'll get hubby to take a pic over weekend and I'll post it. Still not 100% on the third one yet. Something U2 related I think but not too obvious. And with my work can't be anything too big or in a place on show in the class - although it doesn't bother me! Was going to get it before christmas but going to be ealry new year now when i finally decide!

I probably have a million of these, but a couple of them jump to mind at the moment. The first is a time when I was a kid (maybe junior high) and I would get my own breakfast in the morning. One morning I must not have been quite awake yet, and I caught myself just before I poured orange juice on my cereal instead of milk!

The other one is one I share with my dad. This happened shortly after my parents divorced and I was visiting my dad at his apartment. We decided to make chocolate-chip cookies, and for some reason, we used olive oil in the cookies instead of butter! (I can't remember whether Dad was short of butter, or if we were in an experimental mood that day.) Needless to say, the cookies did NOT come out well!  We still laugh about that one.

I know I have more of these...

everyone has them linneas wink.gif!

i had a few yesterday! (but valid excuse; i did get up at 5.45 the whole week, which is middle of night for someone with my bodyclock..)

i left work still wearing 'work-sneakers' leaving my leather sexy boots at work...

had a dinnerparty with husbands workmates planned for weeks and look forward to it all week , still first thing i asked seeing husband after work was :'what are you cooking for dinner tonight?'

went to bed at 3am (!) last night, stayed to long in here... lying in bed i heard fragments of music and was thinking to myself how anyone could play music that late (or early?) that loud people heard it through closed windows! (there are some locations nearby to party and when wind comes from that direction and window is open in the summer...)

after a while i remembered to check out alarmclock (not getting up for work this weekend!) and find out the music was coming from my own radio alarm clock! my love hits both buttons sometimes when he knocks out the alarm in the morning, ... i once almost had a heartattack cause the volume was on maximum, so i put it on low... you can't here it by day but lying still in the quiet night... that was what i heard all along!

Another one from a few weeks ago.

I'd had a nasty cold which left me with really dry cracked lips. I was about to go to bed and thought that I'd put some blistex cream on them as it was painful. it was late at night and dark (should have put the light on I guess!) I Pick up the tube of cream and put lots on my lips. As I was rubbing it in it felt strange and began to really sting. It was then I looked at the tube and realised I had put my daughter's verruca gel on my lips!!!

Don't do this, it hurts - a lot!!!

Another one from a few weeks ago.

I'd had a nasty cold which left me with really dry cracked lips. I was about to go to bed and thought that I'd put some blistex cream on them as it was painful. it was late at night and dark (should have put the light on I guess!) I Pick up the tube of cream and put lots on my lips. As I was rubbing it in it felt strange and began to really sting. It was then I looked at the tube and realised I had put my daughter's verruca gel on my lips!!!

Don't do this, it hurts - a lot!!!

You poor girl!! (but it 's still kinda funny...happy.gif)

I think that most of my family and friends are still laughing at that one! And to be hoest if it happened to someone else I would lugh at them just as much!laugh.gif

another thing that happens to me all the time is losing track of time...

couple of weeks ago, i had to colour my hair.( ido that once a  month using a soft colourproduct made of herbs and plants, cause my natural curly hair is very sensitive and extreme treatments make it go frizzy and wild...)

i mixed the different tubes like usual (creating my own colour) and put it on my hair with the special brush, then wrapped an old towel around it and started preparing dinner...since it takes 40 minutes to get the right result...

after some time i realised i hadn't set the timer and had no idea how long it was since i put it on...

luckily this was during my renewed 'Zooropa' -period and i was listening to the album! i did remember wish song i was singing along with when i wrapped the towel around it, so i added the length of the played songs and that's how i discovered i had aprox.10 more minutes to go....

all went well and the colour looked fine! so thanx U2 for saving my hair...ohwell.gif

U2 rocks!! lol, once when my blood sugar was low i took out the orange juice and filled a cup with it than instead of putting the orange juice back in the fridge i guess i put it in the cupboard! haha

Bono/U2 can save the world, help to make peace in the world and save Barbara's hair!! My god is there nothing that this band can't do!!!!

Can I enter my daughter please ... We have just been looking through some old photos. We were wondering where some were from. One photo she suggested could be from our holiday at easter. We pointed out how small she was on the photo therefore had to be a lot longer ago than easter. There was then a photo of me with her. She told me that it must be a very old one because i was so small on it - then i pointed out - not small just kneeling down!!!

She is so like her mother some days ....

well, it's our heritage from our mothers, only fair to pass it on...laugh.gif

besides, that way she can take over this posting when we resign (if we ever stop being dumb some days.... doubt it!)

well even if we never resign she can join and amuse us like her mum!

well, it's our heritage from our mothers, only fair to pass it on...laugh.gif

besides, that way she can take over this posting when we resign (if we ever stop being dumb some days.... doubt it!)

Well I'm starting her off well with the U2 worshiping and Bono being the sexiest man on earth, so yes, I believe that she will be joining in soon!!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

barbara1']well, it's our heritage from our mothers, only fair to pass it on...
laugh.gif

Well I'm starting her off well with the U2 worshiping and Bono being the sexiest man on earth, so yes, I believe that she will be joining in soon!!keep up the good work, saving the next generation !!

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

laugh.gif

Well I'm starting her off well with the U2 worshiping and Bono being the sexiest man on earth, so yes, I believe that she will be joining in soon!!
keep up the good work, saving the next generation !!

So maybe I'm not that dumb - I'm secretly a genius!!!!wink.gif

barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

laugh.gif

keep up the good work, saving the next generation !!

So maybe I'm not that dumb - I'm secretly a genius!!!!wink.gif

hah, how clever we all are !!

Liam (oldest son - turning 4 in february) is also already into U2.  He's still mad at me because I didn't order tix for the shows we're going to next year.  When going to Amsterdam last july, I told him "you can come along when you a bit older" ... and now he's using that against me : "next year, I will be older and I still can't go to U2" !

Well, at least the U2-part is a good part of his education ! roll.gif

Here's one of my father-in-law : we always go on holiday in Austria, staying with the same family every year. A few years ago, Johan's parents went along and we took 2 cars to drive over there. His father suggested he's drive first and we followed him. I asked him before leaving if he needed a map (had no GPS), but he told us he knew tha way by heart. Normally we had to pass by Munich, but at one point there were roadworks going on, so we were diverted already in the Austria-direction. At the next junction my f-i-l - instead of going straight into Austria - took direction Munich again. This meant he was going the other way. As they didn't have mobile phones yet, we started blinking our car-light, but nothing worked, he didn't notice it. So thanks to him, we ended up driving about 180 kilometres more then we were supposed to !

After that, you can all understand we never ever followed my f-i-l again !

So when he bought his GPS? I immediately said "so maybe now we can follow you to Austria without driving 180 kms off course" ... he couldn't really laugh at it ... Johan and I laughed all the more !

Here's one of my father-in-law : we always go on holiday in Austria, staying with the same family every year. A few years ago, Johan's parents went along and we took 2 cars to drive over there. His father suggested he's drive first and we followed him. I asked him before leaving if he needed a map (had no GPS), but he told us he knew tha way by heart. Normally we had to pass by Munich, but at one point there were roadworks going on, so we were diverted already in the Austria-direction. At the next junction my f-i-l - instead of going straight into Austria - took direction Munich again. This meant he was going the other way. As they didn't have mobile phones yet, we started blinking our car-light, but nothing worked, he didn't notice it. So thanks to him, we ended up driving about 180 kilometres more then we were supposed to !

After that, you can all understand we never ever followed my f-i-l again !

So when he bought his GPS? I immediately said "so maybe now we can follow you to Austria without driving 180 kms off course" ... he couldn't really laugh at it ... Johan and I laughed all the more !

Like it!!! And do you realy think that a man will laugh at his driving errors? it must be something about that area. We stayed in Austria for a few days at Easter at the end of our holidays. We wanted to drive towards Munich as we were going to Neuschwanstein Castle for the day. Now my husbands hates GPS - it's a trucket thing I think. Anyway to cut a long story short, he refused to take the GPS with us, I was driving, he was map reading, and we ended up almost on the Brenna pass going to Italy!!! (apprently it was bad signposts - not his fault!!!)

Like it!!! And do you realy think that a man will laugh at his driving errors? it must be something about that area. We stayed in Austria for a few days at Easter at the end of our holidays. We wanted to drive towards Munich as we were going to Neuschwanstein Castle for the day. Now my husbands hates GPS - it's a trucket thing I think. Anyway to cut a long story short, he refused to take the GPS with us, I was driving, he was map reading, and we ended up almost on the Brenna pass going to Italy!!! (apprently it was bad signposts - not his fault!!!)

uhm... the Brenna pass ... isn't that way way way down the other side of Austria ???  Might be mistaking ... being a woman and not knowing anything about directions or mapreading ... roll.gif

[quote name='jojes wrote:

Zhivvy']Like it!!! And do you realy think that a man will laugh at his driving errors? it must be something about that area. We stayed in Austria for a few days at Easter at the end of our holidays. We wanted to drive towards Munich as we were going to Neuschwanstein Castle for the day. Now my husbands hates GPS - it's a trucket thing I think. Anyway to cut a long story short, he refused to take the GPS with us, I was driving, he was map reading, and we ended up almost on the Brenna pass going to Italy!!! (apprently it was bad signposts - not his fault!!!)

uhm... the Brenna pass ... isn't that way way way down the other side of Austria ???  Might be mistaking ... being a woman and not knowing anything about directions or mapreading ... roll.gif

No, you're right, south of Austria and into Italy!!! But who am I to tell a trucker!!!!tongue.gif - I still remind him of it every so often!!

jojes wrote:

Zhivvy']Like it!!! And do you realy think that a man will laugh at his driving errors? it must be something about that area. We stayed in Austria for a few days at Easter at the end of our holidays. We wanted to drive towards Munich as we were going to Neuschwanstein Castle for the day. Now my husbands hates GPS - it's a trucket thing I think. Anyway to cut a long story short, he refused to take the GPS with us, I was driving, he was map reading, and we ended up almost on the Brenna pass going to Italy!!! (apprently it was bad signposts - not his fault!!!)

uhm... the Brenna pass ... isn't that way way way down the other side of Austria ???  Might be mistaking ... being a woman and not knowing
anything
about directions or mapreading ...
roll.gif

No, you're right, south of Austria and into Italy!!! But who am I to tell a trucker!!!!tongue.gif - I still remind him of it every so often!!

Same here, my f-i-l still gets to hear about it regularly ... !

But that's what happens when you pull a stunt like that ...

was sorting out some clothes the other day... some too old, some gotten too small.

that reminded me of a very stupid thing we did last year...

i had sorted the wardrobes after the winterseason, had like 3 big bags of clothes and had them put into the trunk to bring them to the 'container-park' ( an area every city has where you find the really big containers: one for every material: glass, tin, plastic, wood, oil and paint, ... and clothing containers too :clothes, shoes, bed-clothing, mainly for charity). so we filled the trunk and backseat with the boxes we use to collect the tins and plastic and PET and drove to the container-park. my love took the bags with clothes, while i took care of the other stuff.. 

2 days later my son was looking for his new all-stars, couldnt find them anywhere.. and my daughter couldnt find some new t-shirts and a pair of jeans... they had been at their grandparents for the weekend, so i called them, assuming they left their things there, but no...we searched the car..no luck, we started searching the house and i suddenly remembered the containerpark, te bags and how i used the same sort of bag for their clothes...

i asked my love and yes, he remembered one bag hadnt been taped, he had to make a knot so nothing could fall out!

we rushed to the containerpark, and the men there told us the truck was scheduled to arrive that day to empty the clothingcontainers, they didnt have a key, but we left our number and they would call when the truck arrived! my love rushed over when the call came, and after a long searche on top of the truck, he did find the right bag! with the new shoes, t-shirts, jeans ... worthy quite a bit of money...

so we were right in time , if we hadnt noticed the missing clothes for one more day...

the man driving the truck told my love about a woman, who ddnt make it in time, she drove after his truck and followed him all the way to the sorting center... she started searching the load (thats a full truck!!) and finally found what she was looking for; a shoebox and it was filled with money!! she didnt tell her story to him though... makes you wonder what happened there??

So glad you found them Barbara - I hate it when you know that you have thrown something away when you need it. Blame the weather lol! It has frozen your brain!