Sign in to follow this  
bandcompletely

Current Discussion: If No Butts

I think if Bono wasn't in U2 he would be ACDC

I finally reached pg 50.

BC: Maybe you can appear in my dream....

I'll tell you tomorrow

Naz - sorry - I was waiting ages for you to respond and then my eyes just gave way and I couldn't stay awake any longer. Sorry for being rude (or nude as you said in my profile lol).

LAW - I think you're better off letting your imagination run wild when you think what "anything" may be...

Jbarnych - welcome to the craziest thread on u2.com ... currently. It's nice to see new posters! The more posters there are, the crazier this thread can get!

And last, but not least, vertigoed - I think CT loves me really, she was just overwhelmed by the attention I was getting from the other girls! hehehe. And if you are thinking of moving to Ireland, there's pros and cons to every place here. I can fill you in again later on in the thread! and yeah, you can definitely see me without my "mask"*

*A mask in this context is a computer screen. It hides the user from the real world of the other users that one is interacting with. This gives the impression that they are wearing a mask.

- That definition for "mask" was for the benefit of LAW!

LAW is my abbreviated reference to U2LAwoman.

I am LAW, so I have some say so! I like your abbreviation! smile.gif And masks,  we all wear one? Sometimes I wear 2 or 3 in one day! It makes things fun!

[quote name=bandcompletely]This video shows the winner of "Ukraine’s Got Talent", Kseniya Simonova, 24,? drawing a series of pictures on an illuminated sand table showing how ordinary people were affected by the German invasion during World War II.? Her talent, which admittedly is a strange one, is mesmeric to watch.

The images, projected onto a large screen, moved many in the audience to tears and she won the top prize of about £75,000.�

She begins by creating a scene showing a couple sitting holding hands on a bench under a starry sky, but then warplanes appear and the happy scene is obliterated.�

It is replaced by a woman’s face crying, but then a baby arrives and the woman smiles again. Once again war returns and Miss Simonova throws the sand into chaos from which a young woman’s face appears.�

She quickly becomes an old widow, her face wrinkled and sad, before the image turns into a monument to an Unknown Soldier.�

This outdoor scene becomes framed by a window as if the viewer is looking out on the monument from within a house.

�

In the final scene, a mother and child appear inside and a man standing outside, with his hands pressed against the glass, saying goodbye.�

The Great Patriotic War, as it is called in Ukraine, resulted in one in four of the population being killed with eight to 11 million deaths out of a population of 42 million.

Please take the time to look at this amazing piece of art.

�Bandcompletely, that is absolutely beautiful. Never seen anything like that before. Thanks for posting it!  Is is amazing art.

Nazhira, you okay? Done talking to yourself? haha. 

Sometimes we all need a good conversation with ourselves...at least that's what I tell myself to justify mine roll.gif

[quote name='jbarnych wrote:

U2LAWoman']Nazhira, you okay? Done talking to yourself? haha. 

Sometimes we all need a good conversation with ourselves...at least that's what I tell myself to justify mine roll.gif

lol...well....maybe we should all start our own threads and just talk to ourselves, imagine the entertainment in that!! hahaa..I don't even want to think about it! See...I'm already having a conversation with myself, but just pretending to be talking to 'you'. lol 

I don't know why, but I wanna change this thread to: "Happiness is a Warm Tortilla" I know..there is no U2 song as such!

BTw...who am I talking to???!!

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

jbarnych wrote:

U2LAWoman']Nazhira, you okay? Done talking to yourself? haha. 

Sometimes we all need a good conversation with ourselves...at least that's what I tell myself to justify mine
roll.gif

lol...well....maybe we should all start our own threads and just talk to ourselves, imagine the entertainment in that!! hahaa..I don't even want to think about it! See...I'm already having a conversation with myself, but just pretending to be talking to 'you'. lol It could be funny reading other people's inner dialogues...but then again, maybe it's best that we don't...lol

I don't know why, but I wanna change this thread to: "Happiness is a Warm Tortilla" I know..there is no U2 song as such!

mmm...warm tortillas

Well, I suppose you are talking to me. I'm guessing from your name that you are somewhere in the LA area? That's where I am.

[quote name='bandcompletely wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

bandcompletely']I have a great feather collection.. but you can only stick them together with "god's glue"! I got no "god glue'!

Staring at the sun may help to be stuck together with god's glue!

You trying to blind me!? Before I know it, I'll have no eyes either. What good would I be without my eyes?

Should I leave you some sunglasses to shield you from the sun that Zhivvy's trying to blind you with? Maybe some shiny ones like these glasses.gif to reflect all the sunlight?

U2LAWoman']I don't know why, but I wanna change this thread to: "Happiness is a Warm Tortilla" I know..there is no U2 song as such!

mmm...warm tortillas

Well, I suppose you are talking to me. I'm guessing from your name that you are somewhere in the LA area? That's where I am.

Cool....and I'll be at the June 6th Anaheim show too! smile.gif

jbarnych wrote:

U2LAWoman']I don't know why, but I wanna change this thread to: "Happiness is a Warm Tortilla" I know..there is no U2 song as such!

mmm...warm tortillas

Cool....and I'll be at the June 6th Anaheim show too! smile.gifI'll be there for that and the show on the 7th. Maybe a face to face meeting?

U2LAWoman wrote:

jbarnych wrote:

mmm...warm tortillas

Cool....and I'll be at the June 6th Anaheim show too!
indent]I
 and  a beer of course.  Okay...Jbarnych...your treat!!

jbarnych wrote:

U2LAWoman wrote:

jbarnych wrote:

mmm...warm tortillas

Cool....and I'll be at the June 6th Anaheim show too!
indent]I

Indeed! Happiness is a U2 show and a warm tortilla(with meat)!  
happy.gif
 and  a beer of course.  Okay...Jbarnych...your treat!!
Warm tortilla with meat...burritos? I love burritos! Ok, burritos and beer, my treat...just name the when and where and I'll be there
smile.gif

So I come off here earlier than usual last night just to find that there have been a serious amount of posts made... all by one person: NAZ! Naz, you're nearly as mad as me! I hope you enjoyed your wine, you cigarettes and your chat. I feel like you were talking to me telepathically. Strange and warm ... like one of LAW's tortillas.

JB - as always you got the stuff I need... a pair of sunglasses to "stop the light"!

There was a user on here many many years ago at a time when you were all small and tiny. He had a round pot belly with skinny arms and legs connected to oversized hands and feet, all topped off with a big red head with fluffy ears and wispy hair. He lived in a horse chestnut shell that had been carefully placed under a sycamore tree by a young boy earlier that month. His name was Dawibee.

He was married to a wee little fairy. She was a cute little thing with gnome-blood. She had twinkling stars for hair, striking pin-black eyes, a sharp tiny nose, a curvaceous body that was a little on the heavy side for a fairy due to her gnome heritage. She was quite proud of her heaviness too and was the envy of all the other fairies. Her name was Evellora. 

I'm off to Cork. I'll be back later to finish the story...

I wasn't trying to blind you - honestly - just staring at the sun - should have mentioned with shades on!

It's pretty clear Bandcompletely and Claire T have

split, as they're no longer talking ohwell.gif

*to himself, sea_islander thinks Bandcompletely

and Nazira are an item wink.gif and wonders, if THIS

relationship lasts, what are the children of vampires

called...vamfants?...*

[quote name='mariabella wrote:

frown.gif

sea_islander wrote:

bandcompletely']
Was it my indepth knowledge of aliens and beautiful worlds far far away in a universe never ever seen?

(he is 63
wink.gif
 )

wow , Yesterday he was just  a kid! I'm getting older......frown.gif

smile.gif

Well, you have been a fan of U2 since 1900, afterall tongue.gif

At least you continue to look young wink.gif

wow, nazhira talking to herself... reminded me of a movie i once saw about a submarine or spaceshuttle-crew... one by one they disappeared or died,( cant remember details ).... only one left, and to keep himself from goin insane cause he had no one to talk, he started writing down his thoughts - didnt help though - very claustrophobic movie that was...

hope nazhira is alright??