Sign in to follow this  
bandcompletely

Current Discussion: If No Butts

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

bandcompletely wrote:

Zhivvy']Whatis with this thread tonight? never known it to just not move - have you all been lifted up by the twilight Zone? Or maybe Bc and Naz have ran away together and have built a house full of questions....

I was in college so I wasn't here.  I'm not sure where Naz is.  She's the one who truly keeps this thread moving.  Maybe she's gone away "to dream it all up again" - the questions that is! 
wink.gif

maybe she has ran out of questions indifferent.gif

Or gone to question rehab! lol!

*Naz enters Questioners Anonymous*

There are only 2 people in the room - herself and badgirl.

"Hi", she says.  "My name is Naz and I am a Questioneraholic".

bandcompletely']Sung to Queen's "Who Wants To Live Forever".� It's for the Daisies:

There's no song for us,

There's no hope for us,

Who is this guy that builds our dreams,

Yet hides away from us

Who wants to live with Bono,

Who wants to live with Bono?

There's no chance for us,

It's all decided for us,

This man has only one sweet moment set aside for us

Who dares to love this Bono,

Who dare who dare,

When his love is Ali?

So touch my tears with your lips,

Touch my world with your fingertips,

So we can have you Bono,

So we can have you Bono,

Bono is our today,

Bono is our today,

Who waits for Bono anyway?

Me - I want to live with Bono! laugh.gif?

In my fantasy world etc... to be honest I just hope that my marriage will have the longevity of his and Ali's - I'm sure it will. In a world full of cynicism when it comes to love it is beautiful to see people so in love?wether it is Bono and Ali or an unknown couple in your town.

Although I do hope that one day I could meet him, then i would be happy happy.gif

??Your words remind me of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire"....

Love is a burning thing

and it makes a firery ring

bound by wild desire

I fell in to a ring of fire...

I fell in to a burning ring of fire

I went down,down,down

and the flames went higher.

And it burns,burns,burns

the ring of fire

the ring of fire.

The taste of love is sweet

when hearts like our's meet

I fell for you like a child

oh, but the fire went wild..

I fell in to a burning ring of fire

I went down,down,down

and the flames went higher.

And it burns,burns,burns

the ring of fire

the ring of fire.

You've just made me and my daughter very happy BC - it is one of her favourite songs - strange for a 6 year old I know!!!!

And yes, reading back over what I wrote i am a romantic fool - not as in flowers etc... but I do believe in love (not as in the darkness song - lol!) and everyone should give it a try!

bandcompletely']Sung to Queen's "Who Wants To Live Forever".� It's for the Daisies:

There's no song for us,

There's no hope for us,

Who is this guy that builds our dreams,

Yet hides away from us

Who wants to live with Bono?

There's no chance for us,

It's all decided for us,

This man has only one sweet moment set aside for us

Who dares to love this Bono,

Who dare who dare,

When his love is Ali?

So touch my tears with your lips,

Touch my world with your fingertips,

So we can have you Bono,

So we can have you Bono,

Bono is our today,

Bono is our today,

Who waits for Bono anyway?

Me - I want to live with Bono! laugh.gif�

In my fantasy world etc... to be honest I just hope that my marriage will have the longevity of his and Ali's - I'm sure it will. In a world full of cynicism when it comes to love it is beautiful to see people so in love�wether it is Bono and Ali or an unknown couple in your town.

Although I do hope that one day I could meet him, then i would be happy happy.gif

��yep me too Zhivvy!.just one pic!.one meeting .thats not a lot to ask.........smile.gif...love this Queen song!

You've just made me and my daughter very happy BC - it is one of her favourite songs - strange for a 6 year old I know!!!!

And yes, reading back over what I wrote i am a romantic fool - not as in flowers etc... but I do believe in love (not as in the darkness song - lol!) and everyone should give it a try!

It's very hard not too like this song.  It's simple but moving.

I'd rather be a romantic fool than an unromantic intellect!  I believe in Love.  Without love, there is nothing. 

[quote name='bandcompletely wrote:

Zhivvy']You've just made me and my daughter very happy BC - it is one of her favourite songs - strange for a 6 year old I know!!!!

I'd rather be a romantic fool than an unromantic intellect!  I believe in Love.  Without love, there is nothing. 

I'm glad that I live with love - would hate to be away from it, and not just love of a partner - but of my child, my family, my friends etc... I can't remember which speech it was which Bono gave (it is in a thread on here somewhere) but it was basically along those lines, take away the hate give more love and the world would change and things would start working better! I loved the simplicity of that idea

And yes badgirl ,just one meeting a a pic would be good, but i would like it to contain a hug and a kiss! 

eek.gifpage 74!!!!!!.what have I missed???????........smile.gif

Hi Mary. Nice to see yah!  There are a bunch of things you missed - we all have missed naz.  Dunno where she disappeared to.  CT has disappeared too.  But CT left us with one of her paintings... so I still feel she is here.  V'd is as happy as ever. Babs has mastered the art of embedding videos.  Jb and Jaybee pop in now and then.  I haven't seen sea islander in a while.  Love123 is always about ... usually having a pint in her own thread.  zhivvy and her daughter are happy out listening to johnny cash.  love is the topic of the day.  wink.gif

is the subject today do you believe in love?.........well heres mine ....smile.gif

I believe in a mothers love , dogs love,our siblings love......but as for any other love .no ..load of rubbish ........oops Bonos love!tongue.gif..but seriuosly its just a word for a man or woman to get what they want ....causes too much heartbreak ......so ..no ..sorry not for me ......smile.gif

bandcompletely wrote:

Zhivvy']You've just made me and my daughter very happy BC - it is one of her favourite songs - strange for a 6 year old I know!!!!

I'm glad that I live with love - would hate to be away from it, and not just love of a partner - but of my child, my family, my friends etc... I can't remember which speech it was which Bono gave (it is in a thread on here somewhere) but it was basically along those lines, take away the hate give more love and the world would change and things would start working better! I loved the simplicity of that idea

And yes badgirl ,just one meeting a a pic would be good, but i would like it to contain a hug and a kiss! 

Being brought up to hate only hampers love, but being brought up to love destroys hate.  Love is the stronger power.  It's just a pity it's the minority who uses the stronger power.

Okay, okay, I'll take the pic of you girls getting a hug and a kiss (on the cheek) with Bono.  That way you can imoortalize the situation.

is the subject today do you believe in love?.........well heres mine ....smile.gif

I believe in a mothers love , dogs love,our siblings love......but as for any other love .no ..load of rubbish ........oops Bonos love!tongue.gif..but seriuosly its just a word for a man or woman to get what they want ....causes too much heartbreak ......so ..no ..sorry not for me ......smile.gif

Aw Mary.  That's sad.  According to Greek tradition, there are 5 forms of love:

Passionate love (eros) - I think that's the one you don't like for maybe personal reasons...

Ideal love (agape) - this is love for many things - deities, material things etc. The religious love God because it may be ideal for them to believe in a power greater than themselves to get them through life.  Material persons would love to have a big house, with 5 cars and 6 beautiful women because this may be their ideal way to live their lives.

Natural love (storge) - this is love for mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son.  It's love for that which you have a natural affinity with.  Can also include pets.  This love you definitely have.

Loyal love (philia) - this love is love of people and family and friends, pets, deities, etc, due to familiarity.  For instance, you may love me and defend me on this discussion board because you have become familiar with me and who I am and what I stand up for so you would be loyal to me (maybe you aren't but it's just an example lol)

Hospitable love (xenia) - this is the love for strangers, for the helpless and the deprived.  It's also love for those close to you, helping them out etc. Those helping out in haiti show it.  You show it as part of your job.

So do you believe in love?  Of course you do.  The only love you don't believe in, is EROS.  wink.gif

thank you BC.just please dont take pic of puddle at my feet!laugh.giflaugh.gif..or puddle at Zhivvys feet!laugh.giflaugh.gif

hahaha, I think I'll have the video camera rolling to catch that... because that is something that would need to go up on youtube.  tongue.gif

[quote name='bandcompletely wrote:

badgirl56']thank you BC.just please dont take pic of puddle at my feet!
laugh.giflaugh.gif
..or puddle at Zhivvys feet!
laugh.giflaugh.gif

hahaha, I think I'll have the video camera rolling to catch that... because that is something that would need to go up on youtube.  tongue.gifroll.gifroll.gifbe as famous as Subo then!roll.gifroll.gif

[quote name='badgirl56 wrote:

bandcompletely wrote:

badgirl56']thank you BC.just please dont take pic of puddle at my feet!
laugh.giflaugh.gif
..or puddle at Zhivvys feet!
laugh.giflaugh.gif

hahaha, I think I'll have the video camera rolling to catch that... because that is something that would need to go up on youtube. 
tongue.gifroll.gifroll.gifbe as famous as Subo then!roll.gifroll.gif

No video!!! Not only will you be videoing the puddle at the feet but also the imbecile who would be saying 'ga ga ggaaaaaggaaggaaga' with bits of drool too!! - Attractive I know ....roll.gif

And badgirl love doesn't have to mean heartbreak - it can mend a heart too and make it feel fuller

awe Naz...(((((((((hugs)))))))....so cold today and bloody snow!!!!!!!.grrrrrrr!....I should be in bed.Im working nightshift tonight .......BMan ..if you only knew how hard we work just to go and see you!pimp.gif

awe Naz...(((((((((hugs)))))))....so cold today and bloody snow!!!!!!!.grrrrrrr!....I should be in bed.Im working nightshift tonight .......

You got snow?  It's lovely here - sun is shining.  I'm stuck inside at work for at least another 2.5 hours.  At least I never have nightshifts....

BMan ..if you only knew how hard we work just to go and see you!
pimp.gif

I'll make sure he is informed so that you don't have to work so hard in the future!
tongue.gif

awe Naz...(((((((((hugs)))))))....so cold today and bloody snow!!!!!!!.grrrrrrr!....I should be in bed.Im working nightshift tonight .......

You got snow?  It's lovely here - sun is shining.  I'm stuck inside at work for at least another 2.5 hours.  At least I never have nightshifts....

pimp.gif

I'll make sure he is informed so that you don't have to work so hard in the future!
tongue.gif

LOL, BG you are right ! BC how you'll make sure he is informed ?

Hi everyone, thanks for the hugs, it seems make feel better automatically !

You are right, this kinda of cold I have seems to be a Question rehab ! I suffered abstince yesterday.

[quote name='nazhira wrote:

bandcompletely']

pimp.gif

tongue.gif

You are right, this kinda of cold I have seems to be a Question rehab ! I suffered abstince yesterday.

awe ta BC!.......can ye make sure yev a bottle handy in case he sweats?............tongue.gif...Naz..hope yer feeling better soon!.....one good thing is .I can take my Dubs DVD and Dortmund DVD and watch it on a 50 inch screen !smile.gifthat should keep me awake!!!!!.all that sweaty BMan ......smile.gif

{{{hugs}}} Naz - get well soonwe're missing you on here.

It is amazing how we can put in the work hours just to go and see our men perform, and change holiday plans, and drive 800 miles in a day to get to frankfurt!

Now that is love and devotion

[quote name='nazhira wrote:

bandcompletely']

pimp.gif

tongue.gif

I'll just shove his head in at the computer screen and tell him, "READ IT!  READ IT YA BASTARD - LOOK WHAT THESE WOMEN PUT UP WITH FOR YOU!  WOULD YOU DO THAT FOR THEM!?  WOULD YA?  WOULD YA!?  OF COURSE NOT, NOW GET YOUR COAT ON, WE'RE GOING FOR A PINT BEFORE I LOSE THE COOL ALTOGETHER ... OH!  AND IT'S YOUR ROUND, YAH TIGHT FECKER!"*

*all in jest - bono was not hurt in the making of this possible scenario*

[quote name='badgirl56 wrote:

nazhira wrote:

bandcompletely']

pimp.gif

tongue.gif

awe ta BC!.......can ye make sure yev a bottle handy in case he sweats?............

JAYSUS!  I think I'm going to vomit.  No, seriously... brb!

Wow BC, good idea ! But invate all of us to the pint, we can say to him a lot of things too. In my case, I'm very angry he is not coming to South america this year.