Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bajagirl

Artificial Horizon Triple Vinyl!!!!!!!

I have no interest in Vinyl, though I would love to hear the Snow Patrol remix. But I have to pay another $30 to get it? Seriously? Doesn't the band have enough money already? They should be rewarding their big fans, not dangling extra tracks out there over our heads, trying to take even more of our money.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Artificial Horizon CD. But this greedy maneuver leaves me sour.

Also there are those of us who buy CDs and don't have vinyl players (like me). Why is it only the vinyl format that allows you to download the SP remix? I'm sorry, but shouldn't that be the case with the CD as well? I think U2 have let me down this time.

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

bosko']I have no interest in Vinyl, though I would love to hear the Snow Patrol remix. But I have to pay another $30 to get it? Seriously? Doesn't the band have enough money already? They should be rewarding their big fans, not dangling extra tracks out there over our heads, trying to take even more of our money.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Artificial Horizon CD. But this greedy maneuver leaves me sour.

Also there are those of us who buy CDs and don't have vinyl players (like me). Why is it only the vinyl format that allows you to download the SP remix? I'm sorry, but shouldn't that be the case with the CD as well? I think U2 have let me down this time.You shouldn't worry that much about not being able to get that SP remix without buying the vinyl - it's not that good.

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

peterferris8 wrote:

bosko']I have no interest in Vinyl, though I would love to hear the Snow Patrol remix. But I have to pay another $30 to get it? Seriously? Doesn't the band have enough money already? They should be rewarding their big fans, not dangling extra tracks out there over our heads, trying to take even more of our money.

Also there are those of us who buy CDs and don't have vinyl players (like me). Why is it only the vinyl format that allows you to download the SP remix? I'm sorry, but shouldn't that be the case with the CD as well? I think U2 have let me down this time.
You shouldn't worry that much about not being able to get that SP remix without buying the vinyl - it's not that good.

Kris the point is that if you get the "exclusive subscribers gift" you don't get the SP remix but if you shell out £30 or so you do.......hardly seems fair now does it.

great news this !!!

I play records, and do own many of the officially releases remixes .... made a mix with them too ...

its called crazylemon mix .... guaranteed to make you dance ! free to listen or download ....

http://soundcloud.com/toysfornoise/crazylemon-mix

cant wait to make a new mix with the artificial horizon releases .....

enjoy

ha ha  decided to quote myself here .....     just to compensate for the scottish moaner ...

sorry basher, but you made your point, shush now ...

and listen to this mix I made .....  

and 30 dollars for a package like that !!! come on .....  stop grunting  its like 7 euro per vinyl ... 

the music world has changed so much, that I DO appreciate all the different formats they put out ... they have to try and do something ... otherwise if you leave it to the digital world ... they dont make a thing ....

I am sure U2 themselves are trying to find out what works .... but when they dont know, I prefer they try ... its not as if they hold and twist your arm making you buy all different releases ..... 

[quote name='circuitbandit wrote:

circuitbandit']great news this !!!

I play records, and do own many of the officially releases remixes .... made a mix with them too ...

its called crazylemon mix .... guaranteed to make you dance ! free to listen or download ....

cant wait to make a new mix with the artificial horizon releases .....

enjoy

ha ha  decided to quote myself here .....     just to compensate for the scottish moaner ...

sorry basher, but you made your point, shush now ...

and listen to this mix I made .....  

and 30 dollars for a package like that !!! come on .....  stop grunting  its like 7 euro per vinyl ... 

the music world has changed so much, that I DO appreciate all the different formats they put out ... they have to try and do something ... otherwise if you leave it to the digital world ... they dont make a thing ....

I am sure U2 themselves are trying to find out what works .... but when they dont know, I prefer they try ... its not as if they hold and twist your arm making you buy all different releases ..... 

Scottish moaner eh.....fair enough no problem you wanna try to put me down go ahead.

and i'll not shush now not for you or anyone on here so piss off with that one.

if you are happy that "the exclusive subscribers cd's" are going to be released to anyone that wants it then whoop-de-doo for you. i'm entitled to my opinion and if you don't like it thats just tough shit don't read it.....hit the ignore button.

Finisher hearing it yesterday. Some pretty cool remixes, some pretty irritating to, like the 'Happiness Is A Warm Gun' but great album to add to your collector's box. Beautiful Day's the best of the lot, by the way.roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

who owns a record player any more? i'd love to get it don't get me wrong, but everything's digital in my house and the only reason i buy CDs is because i can't get the album on iTunes. like every other CD we own Artifical Horizon was tranfered to iTunes and then thrown into a box down in the storage space under the stairs never to be heard from again. CDs, as well as records, are so bad for the environment and take up so much space. there hasn't been a CD player let alone a record player in our house for over eight years, and the stereo hasn't come on since either, won't be rushing out to buy one now for one album either i'm afraid.

Scottish moaner eh.....fair enough no problem you wanna try to put me down go ahead.

if you are happy that "the exclusive subscribers cd's" are going to be released to anyone that wants it then whoop-de-doo for you. i'm entitled to my opinion and if you don't like it thats just tough shit don't read it.....hit the ignore button.

i'm sorry but i've got to pipe up and say something. not only did circuit put no one down, sounds like they were just joking around to me, but was the cussing really necessary? it certainly didn't get your point across any more than if you had acted more mature and not done it and i'd be willing to bet i'm not the only one it turned off. we're adults, at least i would hope we all are, and we should be able to conduct ourselves as adults. mature adults. sure i throw out the f word once in a while but i would never do it here, on a public board in front of strangers that deserve better than that. just food for thought.

[quote name='UnderMySkinner wrote:

basher1']

i'm sorry but i've got to pipe up and say something. not only did circuit put no one down, sounds like they were just joking around to me, but was the cussing really necessary? it certainly didn't get your point across any more than if you had acted more mature and not done it and i'd be willing to bet i'm not the only one it turned off. we're adults, at least i would hope we all are, and we should be able to conduct ourselves as adults. mature adults. sure i throw out the f word once in a while but i would never do it here, on a public board in front of strangers that deserve better than that. just food for thought.

hey someone wants to have a go at me no problem so long as they don't mind me having a go back simple as that. the comment was aimed at me and is bordering on racist why bring my country of birth into it. oh and also if you  think "piss off" is "cussing" then obviously you lead a sheltered life.

ok here we go ....

I actually lived in scotland for 2 years .... sort of enjoyed the signature basher had last year (written in spoken scottish slang ...) .... it reminded me of these good times in the highlands ....

that, along with your flag in your avatar, is how, and why I referred to your country ....

racist ? ... man grow up ...

I am NOT here to pick a fight, just thought I would comment about your "moaning" that you feel mistreated as a U2.com member .... you want to be treated different than what is happening now ... ok ....

I dont agree with that .....

and as 3 out of the 6 pages here are filled with your negative comments ... I thought I would balance it a bit ....

--------------------------------------------

MOST IMPORTANTLY .......

in these days, the cd we got as part of our membership, is directly downloadable trough several rapidshare links or torrent sites etc ...... pick a fight with the ones that make the remixes available there ... ???

I very much appreciate the effort they put into making the vinyl avalable .... I produce vinyls myself, and enjoy playing the U2 remixes from vinyl ... they are NOT making a lot of money on this deal. 30 dollars incl shipping .... come on !

and the fact that they produce stuff that MAKES them some money, well, they ARE artists after all ...

if they would not do these things, like make shirts, and special packages (with dvd's or 7" singles etc) etc HOW would they make money after they made an album huh ?

its something I am struggling with myself, but realisticly my "targetmarket" is way way way smaller, and I simply make vinyls (only 500 per release) for the love of it, trying to break even, and support my life in other ways with freelance work, but if I could sell my music like they do, I would also make different packages ....

and so what if there are people that do not like the keychain, or posters .... there are plenty of other people that do like them and buy them, ....

Man, be glad they throw 4 or 5 different versions of the NLOTH album out there ... I wish they would package the cd inside a tshirt for example .... I would buy that I think .... but then again, no one forces you to buy stuff you think is ridiculous etc ...

and for the U2.com membership special etc ..... I feel fine being part of a community that interacts, meets up and exchanges energy ... that for me is worth way more than the limited edition cd ..... or whatever ....

I dont expect bono to come and hold my hand for 1 hour as a thank you for being a member ... or what is it that you want ??? keeping new music exclusive is IMPOSSIBLE these days .... that is why they put it on vinyl .... I think it is brilliant ...... mp3 rippers wont even look at this .....

actually ...

remember NUMB ???

dont expect ..... SUGGEST .....

what is it that you suggest the fanclub should do ?

it is not to pick a fight

I DO love scotland,

just hate the haggis and the whisky..... : ] (that is a smile .... just to be sure ...)

are we ok again ? or should we meet for some highland games ... ??

: ]

paul .....

ok here we go ....

I actually lived in scotland for 2 years .... sort of enjoyed the signature basher had last year (written in spoken scottish slang ...) .... it reminded me of these good times in the highlands ....

that, along with your flag in your avatar, is how, and why I referred to your country ....

racist ? ... man grow up ...

I am NOT here to pick a fight, just thought I would comment about your "moaning" that you feel mistreated as a U2.com member .... you want to be treated different than what is happening now ... ok ....

I dont agree with that .....

and as 3 out of the 6 pages here are filled with your negative comments ... I thought I would balance it a bit ....

MOST IMPORTANTLY .......

in these days, the cd we got as part of our membership, is directly downloadable trough several rapidshare links or torrent sites etc ...... pick a fight with the ones that make the remixes available there ... ???

I very much appreciate the effort they put into making the vinyl avalable .... I produce vinyls myself, and enjoy playing the U2 remixes from vinyl ... they are NOT making a lot of money on this deal. 30 dollars incl shipping .... come on !

and the fact that they produce stuff that MAKES them some money, well, they ARE artists after all ...

if they would not do these things, like make shirts, and special packages (with dvd's or 7" singles etc) etc HOW would they make money after they made an album huh ?

its something I am struggling with myself, but realisticly my "targetmarket" is way way way smaller, and I simply make vinyls (only 500 per release) for the love of it, trying to break even, and support my life in other ways with freelance work, but if I could sell my music like they do, I would also make different packages ....

and so what if there are people that do not like the keychain, or posters .... there are plenty of other people that do like them and buy them, ....

Man, be glad they throw 4 or 5 different versions of the NLOTH album out there ... I wish they would package the cd inside a tshirt for example .... I would buy that I think .... but then again, no one forces you to buy stuff you think is ridiculous etc ...

and for the U2.com membership special etc ..... I feel fine being part of a community that interacts, meets up and exchanges energy ... that for me is worth way more than the limited edition cd ..... or whatever ....

I dont expect bono to come and hold my hand for 1 hour as a thank you for being a member ... or what is it that you want ??? keeping new music exclusive is IMPOSSIBLE these days .... that is why they put it on vinyl .... I think it is brilliant ...... mp3 rippers wont even look at this .....

actually ...

remember NUMB ???

dont expect ..... SUGGEST .....

what is it that you suggest the fanclub should do ?

it is not to pick a fight

I DO love scotland,

just hate the haggis and the whisky..... : ] (that is a smile .... just to be sure ...)

are we ok again ? or should we meet for some highland games ... ??

: ]

paul .....

what can i say......I'M A DICK..........:-)

I won't be buying this vinyl collection, namely coz I no longer own a record player! And if this collection contains the same recordings as on the Articfial Horizon cd par one remix then it's hardly worth my hard earned cash!!

I have a big doubt. I've ordered my Artifical Horizon at March 20th and it still hasn't arrived. I live in Croatia, so do I have to be worried about it?

If you're speaking about AH vinyl - they will start pressing it on about May 14.

If you're worried about the CD - allow about one month since the day it's dispatched. And then you can start getting worried. I got my CD in three weeks (+1.5 weeks I had to wait before I got to mom's house where it was shipped :D)

Who gives a shot about a CRAPPY remix album. U2 is a rock n roll band not a dance band. Stop making this crap and put out proper CD singles with good B-Sides.

Who gives a shot about a CRAPPY remix album. U2 is a rock n roll band not a dance band. Stop making this crap and put out proper CD singles with good B-Sides.

ok so I lied, and did look again ...

remember LEMON  or POP ??? now tell me they arent dance music ....... or pop or whatever ...  they work ..

they charge-discharge the crowd ... just like the crazy remix does .... 

and if you are asking .. I give a shot .... !!!

funny thing is that I picked up my own release yesterday from record industry in holland .. and they were working on the U2 vinyl album ..... yeah .....  not long now .... 

I agree with the b-sides of new material for the singles and ecspecialy for the fans. Love the JT b-sides.

I also agree on remixes. I like most of them, a few suck, but the dance remixes have been being released since War, can't stop the tradition I guess.

I agree with the b-sides of new material for the singles and ecspecialy for the fans. Love the JT b-sides.

I also agree on remixes. I like most of them, a few suck, but the dance remixes have been being released since War, can't stop the tradition I guess.

If you're speaking about AH vinyl - they will start pressing it on about May 14.

If you're worried about the CD - allow about one month since the day it's dispatched. And then you can start getting worried. I got my CD in three weeks (+1.5 weeks I had to wait before I got to mom's house where it was shipped :D)

Yeah, I mean about Vinyl's. So, they will start to send them at May 14? I didn't know that! Thank you SOOO MUCH!