Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

How greedy can this band be?????.......

It's now $50 for a subscription that is unbelieveable i mean it's not as if you get value for money here nowadays the whiole pre-sale thing is a shambles you could get a ticket no problem on the tour......the gifts are a joke and the place is pretty much a graveyard nowadays.

so here i'd like to say to folk come on in here defend the undefendable if you can i know there will be A LOT of people out there you know the "u2 can do no wrong brigade" that will say "well the band have nothing to do with the site"

You are wrong this is u2's "official" website it is in thier name.

Totally disgusted with the way this band has become so greedy over the last few years.

If you don't believe me have a look in the shop.

it is crap.....thats about AU$60 and before anyone mentions a renewal discount, there wasn't one last year....it was us$40 last year....the previous year we got the discounted rate of us$32.......

U2 need to sort this out as the site is run by Live Nation.

yeah bash i am starting to agree with you mate.

i am a collector so the little gifts from zootopia i can respect. before u2.com, zootopia i was not a u2 fan club member. propaganda if you like. when the site first was up and running back in the popmart days, the forum was pretty big for its time, but i still wasnt a member. then i remember thinking, ah the MELON cd original is worth lots! i wished i had become a member to collect both the hasta la vista and melon originals. so by the time the VERTIGO tour was about to start i became a fully paid member...........................

but hey lets just start with the tickets basher shall we?!?!?!?!

back in 1992-93 with the ZOOTV tour, probably THE biggest u2 tour ever, wont be beaten in production, wont be beaten in set lists in my opion, you couldnt shit a ticket for that tour! (this is without the wonderful internet dont forget) i wasnt bothered about seeing the tour, as it would be my first u2 gig, but low and behold i managed to get a ticket from my local record store, no problem. no booking fee, no presale code, no member stuff, easy!

i missed popmart as glasto 97 was top of my agenda!

elevation tour. i remember it was a right struggle to get tickets for this tour. phoning up, this was when the internet was only dial, so it took an age to get onto sites, and it was a smalle record shop by luck in cornwall i managed to pick up 2 seating tickets. i thought to myself, this getting u2 tickets is getting to be hard work!!!! so this is another reason when we saw PRESALE CODES i thought ok, im giving it a go!

but zootopia on vertigo sale day didnt run smoothly. alot of members left without tickets because the site could not cope with the demand. it took me about 2 hours to purchase 4 vertigo tickets. i took it maybe as the demand is so huge...................................

with 360 tour, u2 did the presale codes, good on them! easy flow! easy go and all that. but by then (good for us) most of the folk who got stuck in the last vertigo presale buggered off. you could get tickets from loads of sites away from u2.com on ebay they were being sold. you could phone up venues a week before the gigs and get a ticket. and then to give us the option of re-subbing for more presale codes, fans started to see the band turn GREEDY. i re-subbed because i wanted the cd (im a collector remember) with the thought oh they COULD be coming back to the uk, better get that presale code. ok its my cash, i spend it how i choose, but only to find out no uk leg, and there is no chance of me going to see them in europe as i wont be able to afford the flights on top.

the first gift was a metal fucking card! WOW! come on i mean a metal card. what to fling across the room and whack someone on the head with it!? the 2nd gift was a double cd/cd rom of the vertigo tour with dvd rips of dvd's. better, but still no MELON or HASTA! i think bash that the band put out compilations of compilations, dvd rips, where you can download them for FREE, still be a mega fan, still by the original albums etc. yes you dont get the glossy artwork, but for $50 a year, is it worth it?

the best gifts are the zootv double cd, i like the u2gohome tee, medium rare (but all are of songs we already own, or should, or dvd audio rips)

yes this site is dead. its funny how this site cant remember the bands birthdays, and news gets on zootopia first before u2.com. but the threads in here, i dont really give a toss where bono is, who really gives a shit! the thing is while bono is somewhere in africa feeding the world, his bank account is a getting fatter by fans (yes i am one of them, and im a mug so shoot me) get ripped off by the website.

something has to be done with the whole u2.com sham. a live q and a with a band member on here prehaps? or all the band? or a gift where its not a dvd rip? or b-sides? something different at least. as a paying member i feel i can rip into the band as much as i like. doesnt mean their music is shit! the buisness side is now greedy, and yet bono always always goes on about how rich the band is. (and why is that bono. because we have paid your wages)

yeah bash i am starting to agree with you mate.

i am a collector so the little gifts from zootopia i can respect. before u2.com, zootopia i was not a u2 fan club member. propaganda if you like. when the site first was up and running back in the popmart days, the forum was pretty big for its time, but i still wasnt a member. then i remember thinking, ah the MELON cd original is worth lots! i wished i had become a member to collect both the hasta la vista and melon originals. so by the time the VERTIGO tour was about to start i became a fully paid member...........................

back in 1992-93 with the ZOOTV tour, probably THE biggest u2 tour ever, wont be beaten in production, wont be beaten in set lists in my opion, you couldnt shit a ticket for that tour! (this is without the wonderful internet dont forget) i wasnt bothered about seeing the tour, as it would be my first u2 gig, but low and behold i managed to get a ticket from my local record store, no problem. no booking fee, no presale code, no member stuff, easy!

elevation tour. i remember it was a right struggle to get tickets for this tour. phoning up, this was when the internet was only dial, so it took an age to get onto sites, and it was a smalle record shop by luck in cornwall i managed to pick up 2 seating tickets. i thought to myself, this getting u2 tickets is getting to be hard work!!!! so this is another reason when we saw PRESALE CODES i thought ok, im giving it a go!

but zootopia on vertigo sale day didnt run smoothly. alot of members left without tickets because the site could not cope with the demand. it took me about 2 hours to purchase 4 vertigo tickets. i took it maybe as the demand is so huge...................................

with 360 tour, u2 did the presale codes, good on them! easy flow! easy go and all that. but by then (good for us) most of the folk who got stuck in the last vertigo presale buggered off. you could get tickets from loads of sites away from u2.com on ebay they were being sold. you could phone up venues a week before the gigs and get a ticket. and then to give us the option of re-subbing for more presale codes, fans started to see the band turn GREEDY. i re-subbed because i wanted the cd (im a collector remember) with the thought oh they COULD be coming back to the uk, better get that presale code. ok its my cash, i spend it how i choose, but only to find out no uk leg, and there is no chance of me going to see them in europe as i wont be able to afford the flights on top.

the first gift was a metal fucking card! WOW! come on i mean a metal card. what to fling across the room and whack someone on the head with it!? the 2nd gift was a double cd/cd rom of the vertigo tour with dvd rips of dvd's. better, but still no MELON or HASTA! i think bash that the band put out compilations of compilations, dvd rips, where you can download them for FREE, still be a mega fan, still by the original albums etc. yes you dont get the glossy artwork, but for $50 a year, is it worth it?

the best gifts are the zootv double cd, i like the u2gohome tee, medium rare (but all are of songs we already own, or should, or dvd audio rips)

yes this site is dead. its funny how this site cant remember the bands birthdays, and news gets on zootopia first before u2.com. but the threads in here, i dont really give a toss where bono is, who really gives a shit! the thing is while bono is somewhere in africa feeding the world, his bank account is a getting fatter by fans (yes i am one of them, and im a mug so shoot me) get ripped off by the website.

something has to be done with the whole u2.com sham. a live q and a with a band member on here prehaps? or all the band? or a gift where its not a dvd rip? or b-sides? something different at least. as a paying member i feel i can rip into the band as much as i like. doesnt mean their music is shit! the buisness side is now greedy, and yet bono always always goes on about how rich the band is. (and why is that bono. because we have paid your wages)

Mac there is absoloutly fuck all that i can argue with on there mate,.....lol

pre-sale wise well i became a member after seeing the vertigo show in Cardiff so im talking about the pre-sales for the 360 mate you could get a ticket no problem for any of the shows if you knew where to look.

i just feel over the years u2 have become a corporate machine....blackberry aplle and so on something i never thought i'd see and it sickens me, u2 used to be about the music but now its about the bank balance and that is so sad.

i mean lets face it going to a u2 show where the singer wants you to spend your hard earned cash on going to the shows and asking you to give money away to folk in other countries while all the time ripping fans off with multi formats of albums cd's singles and such just sucks big time.

oh and the metal card......maybe if i go to another show i'll throw it at Bonos big fat head.......tongue.gif

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

MacFoley']yeah bash i am starting to agree with you mate.

pre-sale wise well i became a member after seeing the vertigo show in Cardiff so im talking about the pre-sales for the 360 mate you could get a ticket no problem for any of the shows if you knew where to look.

i just feel over the years u2 have become a corporate machine....blackberry aplle and so on something i never thought i'd see and it sickens me, u2 used to be about the music but now its about the bank balance and that is so sad.

i mean lets face it going to a u2 show where the singer wants you to spend your hard earned cash on going to the shows and asking you to give money away to folk in other countries while all the time ripping fans off with multi formats of albums cd's singles and such just sucks big time.

oh and the metal card......maybe if i go to another show i'll throw it at Bonos big fat head.......tongue.gif

if you read the interviews from the 80's where the band were so grateful just to be touring. about how they are not wallpaper music, hiding behind your haircut etc etc................how they will never become a commerical act...........

i feel you either repect bono at gigs, he doesnt have to tell us about the bad of the world and give us your money. but he does. its then up to us, like most charties, they are set up to make you feel worse about yourself. but then its like your at a u2 gig, you are feeling the magic, and then bono chucks a bucket of cold water on us. maybe there is a time and a place for this a agree there mate. but not at a show show. it may be bono's ideas, and the bands ideas to some extend, but as larry said people should remember u2 are not a political party we are a rock and roll band.......................

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

basher1 wrote:

MacFoley']yeah bash i am starting to agree with you mate.

oh and the metal card......maybe if i go to another show i'll throw it at Bonos big fat head.......
tongue.gif

if you read the interviews from the 80's where the band were so grateful just to be touring. about how they are not wallpaper music, hiding behind your haircut etc etc................how they will never become a commerical act...........

i feel you either repect bono at gigs, he doesnt have to tell us about the bad of the world and give us your money. but he does. its then up to us, like most charties, they are set up to make you feel worse about yourself. but then its like your at a u2 gig, you are feeling the magic, and then bono chucks a bucket of cold water on us. maybe there is a time and a place for this a agree there mate. but not at a show show. it may be bono's ideas, and the bands ideas to some extend, but as larry said people should remember u2 are not a political party we are a rock and roll band.......................

yeah mate yer there having a great time then you get brought right back down with a bump when the preaching starts.

and your right about Larry they are a rock n roll band not a political band but unfortunatly some dont see it that way.

but lets not stray here bash! lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

u2 are becoming greedy. im just waiting for people to come on here and debate!

but lets not stray here bash! lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

lol...ok mate,.....

yeah it'll be interesting to see when the "u2 can do no wrong" mob get here.

and it'll be interesting to see if anyone can defend this.

mate in my 24 years of being a fan, i cant defend the band on this one. music is one thing, if an album is shite or good.

i dont think the band give a shit about u2.com or zootopia, more concerned if fans will pull out their wallets in a flash with every announcement of an exclusive.

the vinyl artificial horizon should have been the sub gift. NOT the cd. now that IS shit.

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

MacFoley']but lets not stray here bash! lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

lol...ok mate,.....

yeah it'll be interesting to see when the "u2 can do no wrong" mob get here.

and it'll be interesting to see if anyone can defend this.

You called Barry wink.gif 

Not even going to try to defend this one. Looks like eventhing's about the money mate. Sucks really.

Heya lads.

As much as I still love the band, etc etc, sadly I have to agree.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

CDs with content that as collectors etc we've already owned for years, DVD rips, a metal card and now I have 2 presale codes for a tour which has been deemed too expensive to even bring to the county where I live.

And to put a way better version of the fan gift on sale to anyone just hammers it home.

I hate to think that it's hit a point in time where it's embarrasing to be a U2 fan, but how many people now tell you when you mention U2 that "Bono is a c@#t"? I had someone tell me that just last night.

It's a shame to think he's become one of the most despised figures on the planet, and so have the other 3 just by proxy.

I loved the last album, loved the last tour, look forward to new music, and as much as I hate using the following term, it's true.

U2 have sold out.

Heya lads.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

CDs with content that as collectors etc we've already owned for years, DVD rips, a metal card and now I have 2 presale codes for a tour which has been deemed too expensive to even bring to the county where I live.

And to put a way better version of the fan gift on sale to anyone just hammers it home.

I hate to think that it's hit a point in time where it's embarrasing to be a U2 fan, but how many people now tell you when you mention U2 that "Bono is a c@#t"? I had someone tell me that just last night.

It's a shame to think he's become one of the most despised figures on the planet, and so have the other 3 just by proxy.

I loved the last album, loved the last tour, look forward to new music, and as much as I hate using the following term, it's true.

U2 have sold out.

and to add ontop of that, what liam gallagher says of bono is true really, just no one has the balls to come out and say it in the real world.

Liam savages U2

Dotmusic, March 19, 2010

Liam Gallagher has launched a scathing attack on U2, insisting he has never met anyone who likes them. Skip related content

The former Oasis frontman claims that Bono and co have to bribe people to attend their concerts and buy the band's records.

mick james']Heya lads.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

U2 have sold out.

and to add ontop of that, what liam gallagher says of bono is true really, just no one has the balls to come out and say it in the real world.

Liam savages U2

Dotmusic, March 19, 2010

Liam Gallagher has launched a scathing attack on U2, insisting he has never met anyone who likes them. Skip related content

The former Oasis frontman claims that Bono and co have to bribe people to attend their concerts and buy the band's records.

A case of the Cock calling the kettle black huh?

It used to be a case of jealousy when people used U2 as whipping boys to get themselves hype, and most of what Liam spouts is shit.

But he kinda has a point.

It just turning into a fucking puppet show.

And if folks like us -  some of the worlds biggest fans - are saying this, then it's pretty bloody sad.

mick james']Heya lads.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

U2 have sold out.

Liam savages U2

Dotmusic, March 19, 2010

Mac. I think Liam's being a dickhead again. Really between him and his brother they are the bookends of stupidity.

[quote name='mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james']Heya lads.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

U2 have sold out.

Liam savages U2

Dotmusic, March 19, 2010

It used to be a case of jealousy when people used U2 as whipping boys to get themselves hype, and most of what Liam spouts is shit.

And if folks like us -  some of the worlds biggest fans - are saying this, then it's pretty bloody sad.

yeah dude, liam is a cock, but he has a point.

back in the day i used to look at my u2 posters on my wall, thinking they are 4 humble men on a mission, how i wish i saw them play in 3 foot away from me. now the latter has been fulfilled (radio one winner) the myth is no more of u2. now i see them as 4 fat cats licking our cream.

i dont want to admit it mate, but yeah they are not the same band they were, hopefully the shit sales of horizon might kick some warning buttons for them. another shit sellling album they could be well and truly over.

fans are not going to stick around for zootopia gifts in 5 years time.

i can see this on the horizon though..................

next years zootopia gift, a dvd rip from the 360 dvd show coming out soon. great...............eyes.gif

[quote name='kings wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james']Heya lads.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

U2 have sold out.

Liam savages U2

Dotmusic, March 19, 2010

Mac. I think Liam's being a dickhead again. Really between him and his brother they are the bookends of stupidity.

yeah he is a cock!

but dude i just thought, people say u2's live shows are what makes them..................

3 ticket prices for the 360 tour? hmmmmmmm

but if u2 keep playing the same old set, with the same old songs, to be honest, im not bothered about seeing them live on the next tour, even if it comes in a different wrapper (stage effects etc)

for a band of over 30 years of material, to play the same old boring washed up songs, and charge lots of money for tickets, come on lads!

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james']Heya lads.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

U2 have sold out.

Liam savages U2

Dotmusic, March 19, 2010

back in the day i used to look at my u2 posters on my wall, thinking they are 4 humble men on a mission, how i wish i saw them play in 3 foot away from me. now the latter has been fulfilled (radio one winner) the myth is no more of u2. now i see them as 4 fat cats licking our cream.

i dont want to admit it mate, but yeah they are not the same band they were, hopefully the shit sales of horizon might kick some warning buttons for them. another shit sellling album they could be well and truly over.

next years zootopia gift, a dvd rip from the 360 dvd show coming out soon. great...............eyes.gif

Agreed.

But it's true hey - if peeps like you, Bash, AG, Kings etc and myself who've passionately loved the band forever, and have stuck with them through the years with all the other bullshit that could have put us off, and didn't, feel like this then where does the band go from here?

It's kinda like having to admit that Superman is actually a pussy.

edit - and Mac my man, at least they took the same old setlist to your parts.  They can't even be arsed coming here.

And I know you know how much support Aussies have given the band.

mick james']Heya lads.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

U2 have sold out.

Liam savages U2

Dotmusic, March 19, 2010

But the thing is some folk (and by that i mean subbys to here not the fuckwits who just come on to have a pop if you pardon the pun) have had the balls to say such things but have been ridiculed by folk and other people have been to scared to say anything in fear of getting roasted.

and Mick i know you guys down under would be happy if they just done one gig in Oz but it seems to me that they did not figure out all the logistics for this tour. you guys would be happy to see them with out the stage they are touring with.

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james']Heya lads.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

U2 have sold out.

Liam savages U2

Dotmusic, March 19, 2010

next years zootopia gift, a dvd rip from the 360 dvd show coming out soon. great...............
eyes.gif

Agreed.

But it's true hey - if peeps like you, Bash, AG, Kings etc and myself who've passionately loved the band forever, and have stuck with them through the years with all the other bullshit that could have put us off, and didn't, feel like this then where does the band go from here?

edit - and Mac my man, at least they took the same old setlist to your parts.  They can't even be arsed coming here.

Well Mick Superman is a pussy Wolverine could kick his ass.......lol

on the Aussie thing Bono has stated many times in concerts and in the press how much the band love you guys well BONO nows the time to show it.

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james']Heya lads.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

U2 have sold out.

Liam savages U2

Dotmusic, March 19, 2010

next years zootopia gift, a dvd rip from the 360 dvd show coming out soon. great...............
eyes.gif

Agreed.

i think because u2 are trying to attract the younger audience. this is why they play the newer songs live. these are the people who are getting mugged into purchasing everything the band announce. i will admit, im a collector, i know how much u2 items go for, thats because u2 are now a buisness not a band anymore. ok a buisness who occasionally bring out a decent album once in a while. (behind and bomb i feel appeal more to the younger fans and that is who they aimed for. plus pop bombed in usa so usa audience was top of their selling list)

so u2 are a buisness, another poor selling album they will disband i feel.

all in all i think u2 should have split up after slane castle. the best gig they had played for years infront of such an extreme audience. they should have gone out on top of their game, while they were STILL a rock n roll band.

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james']Heya lads.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

U2 have sold out.

Liam savages U2Dotmusic, March 19, 2010

eyes.gif

Agreed.

i agree with some of the stuff here like the last/this tour is U2 by numbers, we were promised rarities whatever happened to 'Drowning Man', as far as Liam goes and what he alledgedly said I've read a lot of press over the years where he has said that the Gallagher Brothers (particulalry Noel - who listed U2 in his top ten of bands) were big fans - so it may just be sower grapes as his band goes down the pan.  I'm not a U2 basher but do feel that every time a new album comes out it takes longer and longer and the LP + subsequent tour ends up being a U2 reunion event and nolonger a proper tour, U2 for a while have ceased to be a band in the true sense they just chuck a record out and tour and don't really seem to give a toss nowadays.  Too much emphasis is put on the band being the first to do this or that, being the biggest this or that and geting the most awards. I'm not interested in all that bullshit, I want a musically creative/innovative band who still have fire in their bellys and hunger to make that one special record.

I think as a fan club there has been a slight improvement, I liked 'Artificial Horizon' and the offer to buy a vinyl.  I would like to see more limited offers of material on CD too. 

[quote name='joshthetree wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james']Heya lads.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

U2 have sold out.

Liam savages U2Dotmusic, March 19, 2010

eyes.gif

Agreed.

i agree with some of the stuff here like the last/this tour is U2 by numbers, we were promised rarities whatever happened to 'Drowning Man', as far as Liam goes and what he alledgedly said I've read a lot of press over the years where he has said that the Gallagher Brothers (particulalry Noel - who listed U2 in his top ten of bands) were big fans - so it may just be sower grapes as his band goes down the pan.  I'm not a U2 basher but do feel that every time a new album comes out it takes longer and longer and the LP + subsequent tour ends up being a U2 reunion event and nolonger a proper tour, U2 for a while have ceased to be a band in the true sense they just chuck a record out and tour and don't really seem to give a toss nowadays.  Too much emphasis is put on the band being the first to do this or that, being the biggest this or that and geting the most awards. I'm not interested in all that bullshit, I want a musically creative/innovative band who still have fire in their bellys and hunger to make that one special record.

I think as a fan club there has been a slight improvement, I liked 'Artificial Horizon' and the offer to buy a vinyl.  I would like to see more limited offers of material on CD too. 

And the quote of the day award goes to Josh for......

"Too much emphasis is put on the band being the first to do this or that, being the biggest this or that and geting the most awards. I'm not interested in all that bullshit, I want a musically creative/innovative band who still have fire in their bellys and hunger to make that one special record."

bloody brilliant piece that Josh..........

i just want my Artificial Horizon from my re-sub 4 months ago and some aussie tour dates would be a nice bonus ;)