Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anjana

Anyone got any good news or stories to share?

Just saw a group of students help an old lady with awalking frame cross a busy road by carefully slowing down the traffic andassisting her across.  Nice.happy.gif

I Just had 4 large pancakes with bacon in-between them covered in syrup.

Hmm... just a personal one;

I started Chantix on Sunday and if all goes as planned, next Sunday I will be done smoking (I hope).

wow, I really hope this works for you! that is really good news!! smoking is hard to quit, but it will be the best thing you could do for your health, and for your son as well!!!

so proud of you for trying this!!

yes, my guy got a new job that pays 16$ an hour!!!! OMG! I am soooo relieved hes not unemployed any more!!

Thanks Spicy! Yeah, I've quit many times, I just can't stay quit. We don't smoke in the house or the car or any place around my kids, but, I want to be there for them for as long as possible and this is just one more thing in the way. My older son has been asking me to quit for years, the younger one doesn't really say much about it. I've started eating healthy and excercising and the only thing holding me back on totally living the healthy lifestyle was the smoking. So, it has to go.

It is my goal to be completely smoke free by my son's 15th birthday on April 25 as a present to him.

yes, my guy got a new job that pays 16$ an hour!!!! OMG! I am soooo relieved hes not unemployed any more!!

Awesome news!!! Great to hear it, Spicy! smile.gif

congrats to you and your love with the new job, spicy!!

and good luck with the smoke-stop, ceallache! hang in there!

some good news, lets see...although i sometimes think we're quite strict in raising our kids my daughter told me today she was very happy having parents that had a sense of humor and showed how much they loved them (and eachother)... i felt really happy with that.

some good news, lets see...although i sometimes think we're quite strict in raising our kids my daughter told me today she was very happy having parents that had a sense of humor and showed how much they loved them (and eachother)... i felt really happy with that.

Very Nice......

Got My sons first primary school report card today and it was really great so proud of him.

Also got my 7year olds report card and it was an excellant read.

they must get thier brains from thier mum.

Thanks Spicy! Yeah, I've quit many times, I just can't stay quit. We don't smoke in the house or the car or any place around my kids, but, I want to be there for them for as long as possible and this is just one more thing in the way. My older son has been asking me to quit for years, the younger one doesn't really say much about it. I've started eating healthy and excercising and the only thing holding me back on totally living the healthy lifestyle was the smoking. So, it has to go.

It is my goal to be completely smoke free by my son's 15th birthday on April 25 as a present to him.

I really hope you can reach your goal so soon! if you cant quite make it, just remember that quitting smoking is like2 steps forward and one step back...dont be too hard on yourself if you take a step back!

Awesome...maybe wee should start a spring health and fitness goals thread?

wow, that the biggest compliment i think that a child can say to their parent! you are swollen with pride, i hope?

congradulations on a job well done!!

Got My sons first primary school report card today and it was really great so proud of him.

good job with the parenting basher, you should be proud!! And take a little credit too, as your pretty darn witty, and humor and wit takes a lot of IQ!

Nice news to read!

I got my daughter's target report today and she has surpassed all her levels for the year and still has a term to go! So proud. And lost a total of 3.5 pounds at weightwatchers in 2 weeks!!!

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

basher1']Got My sons first primary school report card today and it was really great so proud of him.

good job with the parenting basher, you should be proud!! And take a little credit too, as your pretty darn witty, and humor and wit takes a lot of IQ!

Thanks Spicy they are a coupleof wee crackers.

Nice news to read!

I got my daughter's target report today and she has surpassed all her levels for the year and still has a term to go! So proud. And lost a total of 3.5 pounds at weightwatchers in 2 weeks!!!

Magic.....thats cracking.

hey zhivvy, i started a spring fitness goals and encouagement thread..go over there and get posivite feedback and encouragement and fitness ideas...

Great news from everyone! This is cheerful thread. Glad to hear about your man getting a job, spicy :-) Nice to hear your kids are doing well zhiv and bash. babs, you can't get a better compliment than that from your kids; it's a great reflection on you both as parents! Cealach, keep up the motivation to give up the cigs ... I should do the same myself. I smoke when I drink... I'm seriously thinking of giving up drinking. If I give up one, the other will follow because I don't smoke without a drink.

My good news - My beautiful little 2yo girl will have a little brother in June. I think he's going to be a footballer what with the serious kicking he's giving his mammy from the inside. :-)

Great news from everyone! This is cheerful thread. Glad to hear about your man getting a job, spicy :-) Nice to hear your kids are doing well zhiv and bash. babs, you can't get a better compliment than that from your kids; it's a great reflection on you both as parents! Cealach, keep up the motivation to give up the cigs ... I should do the same myself. I smoke when I drink... I'm seriously thinking of giving up drinking. If I give up one, the other will follow because I don't smoke without a drink.

My good news - My beautiful little 2yo girl will have a little brother in June. I think he's going to be a footballer what with the serious kicking he's giving his mammy from the inside. :-)

yayyy a zoo baby......bashers a good name......just saying like.roll.gif

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

mummy']Great news from everyone! This is cheerful thread. Glad to hear about your man getting a job, spicy :-) Nice to hear your kids are doing well zhiv and bash. babs, you can't get a better compliment than that from your kids; it's a great reflection on you both as parents! Cealach, keep up the motivation to give up the cigs ... I should do the same myself. I smoke when I drink... I'm seriously thinking of giving up drinking. If I give up one, the other will follow because I don't smoke without a drink.

yayyy a zoo baby......bashers a good name......just saying like.roll.gif

Yeah Bash, I'm sure if I said to herself we're naming him Basher, she'd kick me out of the house.  She's already named him and I had no say in the matter ... although I am allowed to give him his middle name... i could go with Basher there! haha  tongue.gif

[quote name='mummy wrote:

basher1 wrote:

mummy']Great news from everyone! This is cheerful thread. Glad to hear about your man getting a job, spicy :-) Nice to hear your kids are doing well zhiv and bash. babs, you can't get a better compliment than that from your kids; it's a great reflection on you both as parents! Cealach, keep up the motivation to give up the cigs ... I should do the same myself. I smoke when I drink... I'm seriously thinking of giving up drinking. If I give up one, the other will follow because I don't smoke without a drink.

yayyy a zoo baby......bashers a good name......just saying like.
roll.gif

Yeah Bash, I'm sure if I said to herself we're naming him Basher, she'd kick me out of the house.  She's already named him and I had no say in the matter ... although I am allowed to give him his middle name... i could go with Basher there! haha  tongue.gif

Yeah! well done mummy great news!!! And a june baby - the 13th would be a great date!!! (and could be my birthday lol!)

This morning I found out my first day volunteering for the American Red Cross will be on April 7th!!!
Fantastic news illum! Keep us posted about it all xx

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

mummy wrote:

basher1 wrote:

yayyy a zoo baby......bashers a good name......just saying like.
roll.gif

Yeah Bash, I'm sure if I said to herself we're naming him Basher, she'd kick me out of the house.  She's already named him and I had no say in the matter ... although I am allowed to give him his middle name... i could go with Basher there! haha 
tongue.gif

Yeah! well done mummy great news!!! And a june baby - the 13th would be a great date!!! (and could be my birthday lol!)

Well Zhiv, if he is born on the 13th, I'll let you know... he is due towards the end of the month ... but he could come early!