Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MacFoley

U2 360 tour dvd SUPER deluxe set over £110 plus tracklist

wait a year ...and it will be half that. you can get JT supers for 20.00 max or a lot less ...and the war boy oct boxes with t's can be got for around 15.00 ...way below half price. unless these are numbered ill probably wait, unless the content is amazing, but i doubt it.
yeah im going to wait a year before i purchase the super deluxe set. i mean it has to be worth the money. something really special.

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

utwothefly']wait a year ...and it will be half that. you can get JT supers for 20.00 max or a lot less ...and the war boy oct boxes with t's can be got for around 15.00 ...way below half price. unless these are numbered ill probably wait, unless the content is amazing, but i doubt it.

yeah im going to wait a year before i purchase the super deluxe set. i mean it has to be worth the money. something really special.

They'd wanna come round to your house, cook you dinner, clean your dishes and re-eanct the whole gig in their undies for that much.

[quote name='mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

utwothefly']wait a year ...and it will be half that. you can get JT supers for 20.00 max or a lot less ...and the war boy oct boxes with t's can be got for around 15.00 ...way below half price. unless these are numbered ill probably wait, unless the content is amazing, but i doubt it.

They'd wanna come round to your house, cook you dinner, clean your dishes and re-eanct the whole gig in their undies for that much.

MMmmm.... if that is the case Mick, off to Amazon to pre order!!tongue.gif

How can Breathe be cut out, really don't understand it. It's the opener, a nice one.

And the price for the deluxe is really over the top, must be really really special.

Made me curious though ;)

And indeed, how can it be on presales when in fact here is still no word on it.

Yeah where's Breath?

Mind it did have terrible sound issues on the Youtube broadcast, but surely they'd be able to rectify that in post-production somehow?

It really was an important part of the tour, and to leave it out is naff, and (sounds wanky, but eh..) historically inaccurate!

yeah mick, its not official, but i want to know what you get for that price. serious!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

MMmmm.... if that is the case Mick, off to Amazon to pre order!!tongue.gif

Bloody hell Zhiv!roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Mind, I guess that's pretty cheap for Bono's deluxe package.

Zhivvy wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

MMmmm.... if that is the case Mick, off to Amazon to pre order!!
tongue.gif

Bloody hell Zhiv!roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Mind, I guess that's pretty cheap for Bono's deluxe package.

Oh yes - a Bono deluxe package for just over a hundred quid - bargain!!! wink.gif

yeah mick, its not official, but i want to know what you get for that price. serious!
They'd wanna leave you a ticket in the box for that much!

Nah, I'm calling it right now,

This will be atu2s April Fools joke which they'll announce as false tomorrow after winding everyone uplaugh.gif

MacFoley']yeah mick, its not official, but i want to know what you get for that price. serious!

This will be atu2s April Fools joke which they'll announce as false tomorrow after winding everyone uplaugh.gif

better be!

thinking of it, if its got a download link to songs of ascent?!?! who knows! but then whats the point? everyone will want a hard copy wont they not? could be a video of them playing the new songs? or a link to watch it?

but is it worth the money?

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley']yeah mick, its not official, but i want to know what you get for that price. serious!

This will be atu2s April Fools joke which they'll announce as false tomorrow after winding everyone up
laugh.gif

better be!

thinking of it, if its got a download link to songs of ascent?!?! who knows! but then whats the point? everyone will want a hard copy wont they not? could be a video of them playing the new songs? or a link to watch it?

but is it worth the money?

That would be the most exspensive "link" ever it that was the case.

And surely that price would only encourage mass downloading.

It'd have to be something physical - like a Rose Bowl 360 T-shirt, and one of the claws legs!

I'm still thinking it's a wind up on someones behalf.

Then again, that original ad did mention "an exclusive new format"

Does it come with a 3D version or something?

I bought the NLOTH Limited Edition box set up for £20 brand new from Amazon just before Christmas. The original retail price was £60, just shows it pays to wait. At a £115 the Super Deluxe version had better be pretty stunning.

A deluxe set is one thing for an album, which you can listen to over and over is one thing, but for a DVD?

You'd want to be watching it every day for a year at that price.

Just out of interest does anyone here play any of U2s other DVDs every day?

Just saying that music has a much better listening longevity than a film.

A deluxe set is one thing for an album, which you can listen to over and over is one thing, but for a DVD?

my dvd player broke! frown.gif So need to be spending my money on a new player instead of new dvds! 

mick james']A deluxe set is one thing for an album, which you can listen to over and over is one thing, but for a DVD?

my dvd player broke! frown.gif So need to be spending my money on a new player instead of new dvds! Perfect excuse to get yourself a Blue-Ray. The price seems to have dropped a load recently.

You can pick up a DVD player pretty cheaply now though.

And as much as I love my U2 DVDs they're more of an every now and then kinda thing - I mean you hammer them when you first buy them, but you can only watch Karate Kid a few hundred times before the novelty wears off.

Wax On.

Wax Off.

Zhivvy wrote:

mick james']A deluxe set is one thing for an album, which you can listen to over and over is one thing, but for a DVD?

my dvd player broke!
frown.gif
So need to be spending my money on a new player instead of new dvds! 
Perfect excuse to get yourself a Blue-Ray. The price seems to have dropped a load recently.

You can pick up a DVD player pretty cheaply now though.

And as much as I love my U2 DVDs they're more of an every now and then kinda thing - I mean you hammer them when you first buy them, but you can only watch Karate Kid a few hundred times before the novelty wears off.

Wax.

Wax Off.

laugh.gif So true!!! Although made my kids sit through 'The Goonies' today - well it is coming to the end of term!

And yes blu ray is on my things to buy list - just over £100  - same as the pasedena dvd lol!

well im getting a HD tv un july! could do with a blu-ray player!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I got given a HDTV from work and my Dad gave me a Blu Ray  - total cost $0

Well the first U2 Blu-Ray should be nice. About time really.

MacFoley']well im getting a HD tv un july! could do with a blu-ray player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;)

Lucky you Mick!

Tracklisting of U2360° At The Rose Bowl is as follows:

Get On Your Boots, Magnificent, Mysterious Ways, Beautiful Day, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, No Line On The Horizon, Elevation, In A Little While, Unknown Caller, Until the End of the World, The Unforgettable Fire, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight, Sunday Bloody Sunday, MLK, Walk On, One, Where The Streets Have No Name, Ultra Violet (Light My Way), With Or Without You, Moment Of Surrender.

U2360° At The Rose Bowl is released in the following formats:

- Single Disc DVD, live concert only

- Deluxe DVD (content to be announced)

- Two Disc DVD Deluxe edition

and

- Blu-Ray Single Disc edition each featuring the live concert plus:

Squaring The Circle: Creating U2360° Documentary

U2360° Tour Clips

Bonus Track 'Breathe' (Live At The Rose Bowl)

Berlin Timelapse Video

Videos:

Get On Your Boots

Magnificent

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Animated)

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Live At Barcelona)

The Making Of 'Get On Your Boots' Video

The Making Of 'Magnificent' Video

OFFICIAL TRACKLIST

no super deluxe package mentioned and more importantly NO new song link, ideas, downloads in the news page.

mick james wrote:

MacFoley']well im getting a HD tv un july! could do with a blu-ray player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;)

Lucky you Mick!Seriously, the price was right!

Before that literally had a TV that I found on the streetlaugh.gif

worked just fine though!

Anyways, this box must contain something pretty special to justify that price.

Wow, luckily that crazy price must have been a joke... And 40 $ for these juicy contents:

- 2 DVD

- 24 page book

- Poster

- Set-list

- Replica Tour Programme

- 7" Vinyl