Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bajagirl

***PASADENA DVD U2 360 @ Rosebowl OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT U P D A T E D***

[quote name='mick james wrote:

mummy wrote:

badgirl56 wrote:

mummy wrote:

Claire T wrote:

Ragoo wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Ragoo wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

monica martino']The problem in ordering US version is that you are not sure of the zone for the DVD: will it be zone O or not? otherwise it won't work on this side of the world, dunno in the rest of Europe but not in Italy

I'll pre-order next week, when I have money on my credit card.

According to Amazon it's Region 0 so it'll play anywhere in the world.

i think you find AMAZON.COM u2 dvd's are region 1. the dvd sold on u2.com from the shop will be region 1.

and here is the THING. on amazon.com look at the original price of the single dvd (from the US)....................

$20 odd before they cut they price.

so if we import the SUPER deluxe dvd (which wont play on a dvd player unless its multi regional right) today we can get it for $40 (depending if they will post to the UK dont forget for this item)

so why are the UK paying so much still for the same item?

The UK link says that it's all regions, not sure how this whole PAL vs NTCS (or whatvere it's called) works. And I wouldn't trust Fanfire at all.

I just don't get the price difference. I've no problem paying the whatever 100 something pounds for the Deluxe version however I wanna make sure I'm not being screwed over. 40 USD vs 120GBP? Yeah, we have a problem.

but not everyone can afford over £100 for just a dvd and some stuff. Also i got the Boxset CD version of NLOTH which came with a book and dvd of  Linear, poster and digi pack of cd and it didn't cost me anywhere near £100! (can't remember the price think it was near £50 which i don't mind paying for anything lol also got free p&p using super saver on Amazon)

Also don't tell me this is diffrent as it's a DVD do yourself a favour look at the prices of boxsets on Amazon! The Friends 15th Aniversery seasons 1 to 10 DVD Box set  was only £99:99 to start with

so yes no DVD not even U2's is worth £150

(BTW not having ago at anyone mearly proving a point! lol on and PAL  and NTC think it's something to do with how the picturer lines are on the tv or something stupid like that lol)

I went to wikipedia, read this and I am now totally confused as to what the difference is in PAL and NTSC.  Maybe someone with a brain can decode what is written here and explain it to numbskulls like me:

[
]
PAL vs. NTSC

receivers have a
to perform colour correction manually. If this is not adjusted correctly, the colours may be faulty. The PAL standard automatically removes
errors by utilising phase alternation of the colour signal (see technical details), so a tint control is unnecessary. Chrominance phase errors in the PAL system are cancelled out using a 1H
resulting in lower saturation, which is much less noticeable to the eye than NTSC hue errors.

However, the alternation of colour information —
— can lead to picture grain on pictures with extreme phase errors even in PAL systems, if decoder circuits are misaligned or use the simplified decoders of early designs (typically to overcome royalty restrictions). In most cases such extreme phase shifts do not occur. This effect will usually be observed when the transmission path is poor, typically in built up areas or where the terrain is unfavourable. The effect is more noticeable on UHF than VHF signals as VHF signals tend to be more robust.

In the early 1970s some Japanese set manufacturers developed decoding systems to avoid paying royalties to
. The Telefunken licence covered any decoding method that relied on the alternating subcarrier phase to reduce phase errors. This included very basic PAL decoders that relied on the human eye to average out the odd/even line phase errors. One solution was to use a 1H
to allow decoding of only the odd or even lines. For example the chrominance on odd lines would be switched directly through to the decoder and also be stored in the delay line. Then on even lines the stored odd line would be decoded again. This method effectively converted PAL to NTSC. Such systems suffered hue errors and other problems inherent in NTSC and required the addition of a manual
control.
PAL and NTSC have slightly divergent
, but the colour decoder differences here are ignored.

PAL supports SMPTE 498.3 while NTSC is compliant with EBU Recommendation 14.

The issue of frame rates and colour subcarriers is ignored in this technical explanation. These technical details play no direct role (except as subsystems and physical parameters) to the decoding of the signal.

eek.gifeek.gif
Never understood a word of that!
laugh.gif

LOL mary, you read it all.  My mind shut down after the first sentence!
roll.gif

Here's the really easy version.

PAL is the system used in the UK, Ireland, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.  It has more colour than NTSC, but the frame rate (ie picture) is slower

NTSC is the System used in USA, Japan, South America  It is a faster picture than PAL, but the colours not quite as nice.

It used to matter and cause compatabilty issues on older TVs and VHS players.

For most newer TVs, and pretty much all Plasma screens and LCD TVs they have an auto setting that will detect PAL or NTSC and adjust automatically.

So pretty much the only thing that will stop you being able to watch an imported copy of the DVD is if the region of your DVD player is different to the one on the DVD, or if you have a pretty old telly.

If you look on the net, you can generally find a code for removing the region setting on your DVD player.

thumbsup.gif

Now that makes sense1.Thank you Mick!.....*Hopes Mummy learns a lesson here*roll.gifroll.gif

[quote name='mummy wrote:

danielgerke']
Could u all please be so kind to shorten your posts, when u qoute somebody?

It is really annoying that I have to scroll down three or four former quotes, just to read

one new sentence at the end of the post. There are unwritten laws in a message board like

that and one of them is not to have metres-long quotes for just one short reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oddly enough, the only ones annoyed by it are those who rarely post. It may bother others who post more frequently but sure, no point getting annoyed by it. Just grin and bear it. Before you know it, you'll be posting and quoting like a mad thing and such trivial things won't annoy you.

But, if you do feel so strongly about it, contact one of the moderators and they'll pin a silly rule to the top telling us how we should quote people roll.gif

eek.gifOOPS!.sorry ..but I honestly dont know how to Unquote!smile.gif....I just end up with loads of boxes!roll.gifroll.gif

i like the idea of a replica tour program, set list, how about repro song lyrics book and tour laminates
What is a tour laminate? embarassed.gif
The tour program is not a bad idea imho, is it the tourbook or something else?

@mummy: quoting is an art, and when done bad it can be very annoying for everybody tongue.gif

@mummy: quoting is an art, and when done bad it can be very annoying for everybody tongue.gif
Is this good artform?  roll.gif

removed the crazy prices...updating the available versions? Breathe on its way??? :D

Monica, I couldn't find the post where Baja said that Breathe is in, but you and Vertigirl seem confident about that...

It's almost at the beginning of this topi...ehm thread and I also post it on "the other side" 2 days ago, just before Rudy's one with same subject

03/31/2010 19:59:55 (italian time zone)

Erm, a little update, seems Breathe might be in, no exact details, but it seems to be in the works - Baja

Here it is, xalira

The deluxe boxset is back on hmv.com at £107.99

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/dis...80;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=461778

It also dosent list breathe from the gig as an extra , instead it list the tour opener from Barcelona.

Bonus Material

Squaring The Circle: Creating U2360°

U2360° Tour Clips

Berlin Timelapse Video

European Tour Opening - Barcelona

Get On Your Boots - Video

Magnificent - Video

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - Animated Video

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - Live At Barcelona

The Making Of "Get On Your Boots" Video

The Making Of "Magnificent" Video

Maybe they really dont want Breathe from the rosebowl on this dvd , instead theve cut it and put it on from another show

The deluxe boxset is back on hmv.com at £107.99

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/dis...80;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=461778

It also dosent list breathe from the gig as an extra , instead it list the tour opener from Barcelona.

Bonus Material

U2360° Tour Clips

Berlin Timelapse Video

Magnificent - Video

Maybe they really dont want Breathe from the rosebowl on this dvd , instead theve cut it and put it on from another show

People always look to the negative, maybe they have actually added it to the start of the show!,

it s just a little probable that breathe appears but if it does it s not because of you Kevu209 or me but maybe it s because the demand is huge

[quote name='kevu209 wrote:

chriswba']The deluxe boxset is back on hmv.com at £107.99

Bonus Material

U2360° Tour Clips

Berlin Timelapse Video

Magnificent - Video

People always look to the negative, maybe they have actually added it to the start of the show!,

I aint looking at the negative just stating what it looks like

By the way heres the setlist from hmv.com [ the same link posted above] as you can see breathe has not be added.

Tracklisting

• Get On Your Boots
  • Magnificent
  • Mysterious Ways
  • Beautiful Day
  • I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
  • Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
  • No Line On The Horizon
  • Elevation
  • In A Little While
  • Unknown Caller
  • Until the End of the World
  • The Unforgettable Fire
  • City of Blinding Lights
  • Vertigo
  • I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday
  • MLK
  • Walk On
  • One
  • Where The Streets Have No Name
  • Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
  • With Or Without You
  • Moment Of Surrender

The confusion here over Breathe; from the info that is out there now of the track listings- it is going to be included, it just isn't going to be included in the opening spot as it was in the actual show. It was only listed as being included only on the deluxe box set version as a bonus track.

What the fans want is Breathe included on all the DVD choices and formats. What would be great is Breathe included in it's original spot.

Is that what they're reconsidering and working on?

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

Claire T wrote:

Panth']I've decided that I'm not dissapointed, nor do I care. It's just one song, and the pricing? Well they have a cheaper version as well. So price isn't a complaint either. From the trailer it looks really good, and I have a bluray, so I'll get bluray. I don't need all the extra things that aren't video music related anyways.

'sides, I already have a NO Line boxset. I don't need a 360 boxset.

There, decision made, no need for fan emo dramatics and whining.

true but what about the people who haven't seen the concert and wanna see the whole one. Personally if you gonna class something as a concert at least put the whole thing out!

Just my opinion!

You do know that of all the live shows U2 have released, only two have all songs included - PopMart and Red Rocks remaster, right?

kris your wrong there mate. red rocks dvd has i fall down missing from the set.

I though that the remaster had them all? Well, that shortens the list lol

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

Claire T wrote:

Panth']I've decided that I'm not dissapointed, nor do I care. It's just one song, and the pricing? Well they have a cheaper version as well. So price isn't a complaint either. From the trailer it looks really good, and I have a bluray, so I'll get bluray. I don't need all the extra things that aren't video music related anyways.

'sides, I already have a NO Line boxset. I don't need a 360 boxset.

There, decision made, no need for fan emo dramatics and whining.

true but what about the people who haven't seen the concert and wanna see the whole one. Personally if you gonna class something as a concert at least put the whole thing out!

Just my opinion!

You do know that of all the live shows U2 have released, only two have all songs included - PopMart and Red Rocks remaster, right?

kris your wrong there mate. red rocks dvd has i fall down missing from the set.

I though that the remaster had them all? Well, that shortens the list lol

yeah! it was something to do with camera breakage! or so they say, but also 2 hearts is cut short too and so is electric co.

but i still think its one of the best dvd's from u2 along with zootv popmart and slane.

still not arsed about breathe missin just the super deluxe price even though it's page 32.

i think thats whats to be arsed about!

still not arsed about breathe missin just the super deluxe price even though it's page 32.

i think thats whats to be arsed about!

well just dont buy the super delux box then?