Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Claire T

:( i've had some bad news

OK so my dear friend Norman (who's 79 and awesome) has had a suspected stroke! My two other friends were taking him out for the day (Long story ) and it happened on the bus journey to the place where they were going for the day. He's been kept over in the stroke ward for the night and hopfully be moved to Preston hospital soon as he's stuck in Blackburn

so yes frown.gif

Sorry to hear your bad news Claire. Hope he is making a good recovery in hospital and gets moved from Blackburn soon.

{{{hugs}}}

So sorry about Norman Claire :(

Hope he has a full recovery and it wasn't too severe of a stroke.

thanks guys any news i get i hope it's good news!

i feel for you  claire and for norman and his other friends and family. but i also think its beautiful how a 79 year old has such a young and sweet friend , like you. true friendship can cross borders and its amazing to see that happen.

i hope you will get some good news very soon! xxx and {{}}

i feel for you  claire and for norman and his other friends and family. but i also think its beautiful how a 79 year old has such a young and sweet friend , like you. true friendship can cross borders and its amazing to see that happen.

I love older people in general but met Norman through a mental health inclusion center when I was really sick and he didn't really do much just sat there doing nothing. Then we oppend The Space which was a arts comunity project for people with mental health ilness and my friend Sue got him to do art and he really oppend up and we talked and stuff and he's the type of guy who wears a suit all the time you know a real gentleman and for his 79th birthday he wore his tux lol so adorable!

I just hope he can get through this and the stroke hasn't left him really bad! I had a feeling that something was going to happen to him today and it has and I didn't really think i'd be feeling so worried about him but suppose just shows how much of a impact he's had on my life

frown.gif

Sorry about that, Claire . . . sending ((((HUGS))))

[quote name='Claire T wrote:

barbara1']i feel for you  claire and for norman and his other friends and family. but i also think its beautiful how a 79 year old has such a young and sweet friend , like you. true friendship can cross borders and its amazing to see that happen.

I love older people in general but met Norman through a mental health inclusion center when I was really sick and he didn't really do much just sat there doing nothing. Then we oppend The Space which was a arts comunity project for people with mental health ilness and my friend Sue got him to do art and he really oppend up and we talked and stuff and he's the type of guy who wears a suit all the time you know a real gentleman and for his 79th birthday he wore his tux lol so adorable!

I just hope he can get through this and the stroke hasn't left him really bad! I had a feeling that something was going to happen to him today and it has and I didn't really think i'd be feeling so worried about him but suppose just shows how much of a impact he's had on my life

frown.gif

claire< when you just had that feeling that something was gonna happen, its usually bc your spiritually connected!

I think thats why you feel so much for him and this is affecting you deeply.....

sorry for what you and he are going thru...

did you get some news bout norman yet? please let us know how he is doin .

Apparently he's still in Blackburn having MRI scans and stuff the poor guy. From what I know he's speech is slurred but doubt we'll know much untill he's back in Preston so hmmm fingers crossed eh!

Oh and xtraspicy62 I know it sounds mad but i do feel spiritually connected I know my Grandad taps my shoulder once in a while to tell me he's around and he died in 1997 two weeks after Princess Dianna (The last time i saw him was in a hospital when it was her funaral)

Apparently he's still in Blackburn having MRI scans and stuff the poor guy. From what I know he's speech is slurred but doubt we'll know much untill he's back in Preston so hmmm fingers crossed eh!

Oh and xtraspicy62 I know it sounds mad but i do feel spiritually connected I know my Grandad taps my shoulder once in a while to tell me he's around and he died in 1997 two weeks after Princess Dianna (The last time i saw him was in a hospital when it was her funaral)

its not mad at all, theres something to it, many people have had similar experiences...I remember being upset and suddenly my mum rings me from 2 states away to ask me if Im Ok!

oh and claire, how do I shorten my screen name? its just too long...call me x or spicy