Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

I was pretty sure Baja stated that Red Zone was auction only tickets...

did she? i've been looking all over the net but am still unable to find any concrete info about the red zone tickets for the shows in Oz. Getting quite nervous/worried/antsy now >.<

I also have two diffrent codes wich one do i use (dont want to stuff up anything) can i get 4 witheach code or only two with each code? & can i use the left over code to buy tix to other shows when announced for sydney?

also beginnig to get very nervious & ansty as friends a relaying on me to get there tix (its even got to the point that i carnt spell)

they did all look mighty fine on the 7pm show last night & yae they did mix up larry & adam.

did anybody notice how Bono looked a little bit smaller that rove & roves tiny (bono was wearing boots as well)

Does anyone have any idea which side of Etihad stadium the Claw is going to be placed? Makes a difference to seat choices. I'm surprised that presales are kicking off so soon with so little info on ticket prices and seating. For the Europe tour in 2009, they had impressions of seating charts for all the stadiums so one knew where the stage was. Mods - hopefully you can request for seating charts or at least an idea where the Claw is going to be situated. Thanks.

Uh strange, yesterday I was bumped from N/a to the Magnificent priority group. After I added my mobile number and updating, it now says N/a? Also I had a different set of presale codes when I signed up. Now they have changed. Whats happening?

I also have two diffrent codes wich one do i use (dont want to stuff up anything) can i get 4 witheach code or only two with each code? & can i use the left over code to buy tix to other shows when announced for sydney?

The answers are all in the Help section here (soon to be updated with more specific NZ/AUS information):

I believe the specific answer to your question happyme is that you can use each code for four tickets

It gets more complicated if you wanted to split codes over multiple shows. For the USA shows codes could be used to buy tickets across multiple shows (i.e. you could have got one ticket at four separate shows) but the same wasn't true for Europe tickets where codes could not be used for more than one show. 

It all comes down to local ticketing restrictions and as there are multiple ticketing operators for the NZ/AUS shows I suspect we'll have the European rules here (though that is just my guess). Wait for the FAQ to be updated which will hopefully happen before the fan club pre-sales start on Thursday.

--

Specifically for those asking about confirmation about the Red Zone tickets it was stated (check the link below) :

RED ZONE tickets are available via auction and are NOT part of the pre-sale.

Hows running the ticket sales in Oz ..... ticketek or ticketmaster or ... ??

Thank you Bsd1 i apperciate the reply that ends my cofusion cause i need to be able to get presale for other sydney show as will use all 4 for the first show thanks again

The lack of a seating plan for Etihad is really bugging me..... Considering I'll be buying tickets on Thursday and I need seating, where is the seating plan!!! Damn you Ticketmaster.

I've looked but can't find the answer to clarify a couple of things -

Presale times - 'All times are local'. Does that mean it's local to each city, or local to Australian EST? Sorry to ask such a dumb question, but it's often forgetten that we in Perth are 2hrs behind the east!

Renewal - I just renewed for 2011, and I already had 2 unused codes (2009 - U2A*** & 2010 2U2A***) - Does that mean I'll get a 3rd code '3U2A**'?

New site lay out is really confusing - I'd only just got the hang of the other layout :-(

Has anyone worked out what date/time for Magnificent folks for the Auckland concert?

Thanks.

Still giddy with excitement

I've looked but can't find the answer to clarify a couple of things -

Presale times - 'All times are local'. Does that mean it's local to each city, or local to Australian EST? Sorry to ask such a dumb question, but it's often forgetten that we in Perth are 2hrs behind the east!

Renewal - I just renewed for 2011, and I already had 2 unused codes (2009 - U2A*** & 2010 2U2A***) - Does that mean I'll get a 3rd code '3U2A**'

Local VENUE time

NO, you do NOT get a third code

Seating charts are made available to us from the venue, we have not received anything yet. Use the charts from other  U2 shows to get an estimate for your venue (extrapolate)

Has anyone worked out what date/time for Magnificent folks for the Auckland concert?

I'd say based on the FAQs the Magnificent group get access on the afternoon of the second day of the presale?

...and our 'Magnificent' subscribers, who have joined since the end of the 2009 presale (April 16), can enter the presale on the afternoon of Day 2. Only after Day 3 does a public onsale begin. Please Note: We do not change your subscription category.

[quote name='bjc wrote:

airlie']Has anyone worked out what date/time for Magnificent folks for the Auckland concert?

I'd say based on the FAQs the Magnificent group get access on the afternoon of the second day of the presale?

...and our 'Magnificent' subscribers, who have joined since the end of the 2009 presale (April 16), can enter the presale on the afternoon of Day 2. Only after Day 3 does a public onsale begin. Please Note: We do not change your subscription category. Hopefully that's true, however the pre-sale period in AUS/NZ for the first four groups (Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots) is actually 4 days with an additional 2 days for the newbies (Cedar)...so maybe the stagger times will be longer. 

As long as we have all the information before Thursday 11am I'll be happy. smile.gif

Agree completely Bsd1. And confirmation of what group I'm in before then would be nice as well!!! (currently N/A)

I joined the site 2 days ago and was given a code and put in the Magnificent group . Today I was given another code so i now have 2 . So does mean I can get 8 tickets ?

The presale for the 5 New Zealand and Australian shows begins this week. The times are as follows:

Group 1
(Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots) - Begins Thurs. 26 Aug. 11AM and ends Mon. Aug. 30 at 12noon.

Group 2
(Cedar) - Begins Mon. 30 Aug. 1PM local and ends Wed. 1 Sept. 12noon.

All times are local.

The way I read this is that they've rolled the first 4 groups into 1 Group and then created a second Group which only contains Cedar ?

No mention of staggering within the group, I know this would seem unfair to Horizon vs say Magnificient, but they've figured that the number of Aussie / NZ members in those groups is a lot less than in the US and Europe and most people in the US and Europe wouldn't be coming out to an Australian or NZ tour ?

thank youuuuuuuuuuu U2 for the new group CEDAR on behalf of all the MAGNIFICENT group !! and for sorting out my presale codes - NOW its worth being and staying a paid subscriber as I feel my loyalty has been returned :)

can't wait for the tour! :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

thank youuuuuuuuuuu U2 for the new group CEDAR on behalf of all the MAGNIFICENT group !! and for sorting out my presale codes - NOW its worth being and staying a paid subscriber as I feel my loyalty has been returned :)

can't wait for the tour! :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thing is you're in Magnificent and have been a member since 2009, I joined in June this year and a member of Magnificent and Matthewaniea whio posted a just above my last post joined 2 days ago and is also in Magnificent and has 2 pre-sales codes.

So....who is going to be in the cedars group ?

Maybe all the people who join up once the first pre-sale starts ?

Agree completely Bsd1. And confirmation of what group I'm in before then would be nice as well!!! (currently N/A)
Fingers crossed the group is sorted for you, at least you should get ticket access before the unwashed masses that constitute the general public pimp.gif"> (I, you won't see me complaining). 

The presale for the 5 New Zealand and Australian shows begins this week. The times are as follows:

Group 1
(Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots) - Begins Thurs. 26 Aug. 11AM and ends Mon. Aug. 30 at 12noon.

Group 2
(Cedar) - Begins Mon. 30 Aug. 1PM local and ends Wed. 1 Sept. 12noon.

All times are local.

The way I read this is that they've rolled the first 4 groups into 1 Group and then created a second Group which only contains Cedar ?

No mention of staggering within the group, I know this would seem unfair to Horizon vs say Magnificient, but they've figured that the number of Aussie / NZ members in those groups is a lot less than in the US and Europe and most people in the US and Europe wouldn't be coming out to an Australian or NZ tour ?

you will probably find that it will be staggered with say Thurs/Fri morning/afternoon in order of top group, I'd say based on previous presales, which would be fair for top group such as Horizon :)

and its good they created the new group CEDAR to also be fair to Magnificent group :)

(I'm lucky enough to be in the Horizon group tongue.gif, you won't see me complaining). 

Group 1 (Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots) - Begins Thurs. 26 Aug. 11AM and ends Mon. Aug. 30 at 12noon.

If this is to believed, I think I will see you complaining lol.

I'm holding any judgement on the site changes and on the new presale group policy until we have a clearer picture but it has to be said timing for this is a bit strange. As usual, the Mods are as surprised as we are so hopefully no Members take it out on them.