Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

And here's the reason for the increased transaction fee:

PLEASE NOTE: Guidelines released by the Reserve Bank of Australia, which regulate how credit card merchant fees are collected, allow for retailers to pass on the cost of credit card payments to the consumer. In this instance the promoter has elected to pass these fees onto consumers that are paying by credit card, and therefore the Transaction Fee has been increased to cover this cost.

I got the impresssion that the stage would be in the centre of a statdium thus giving everyone similar access.

But from that map of melbourne it would appear that one end of the stadium will be at a huge advantage.

And you'd hope a reserved seat at the la trobe st end would be $39 since you'd be looking at the back of an ant's head most of the time.

hmmm 1.5%... of $300... = $4.50....

Hmmm

That's not the main reason. It's just getting everything alinged with the $25 TM fees in the US. Pity. 

Oh well. 

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

Jodes']well as an Horizon member, l find it unfair with only two groups...  l have been a paid member for years (since before their last tour).  
I just want to get tickets - if l dont.... hmmmmm..... 
mad.gif

Maybe they've looked at the stats of how many members of each group have already used their pre-sales codes for US and or Europe concerts and they don't think the demand justifies it ?

Or Ticketek and Ticketmaster have said bugger off we're not pandering to that sort staggered sales our systems don't cater for it, after all we are downunder and most people up north barely know where we are.

Geez, you dont even have ANY info and you all are already complaining tongue.gif tsk tsk

The sales are staggered, with windows of 2-4 hrs per level with a total of 5 levels. If you miss your window, you can buy at ANYTIME during the presale, but you cannot buy before your level starts. wink.gif Hope this helps

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

Jodes']well as an Horizon member, l find it unfair with only two groups...  l have been a paid member for years (since before their last tour).  
I just want to get tickets - if l dont.... hmmmmm..... 
mad.gif

Maybe they've looked at the stats of how many members of each group have already used their pre-sales codes for US and or Europe concerts and they don't think the demand justifies it ?

Or Ticketek and Ticketmaster have said bugger off we're not pandering to that sort staggered sales our systems don't cater for it, after all we are downunder and most people up north barely know where we are.

Geez, you dont even have ANY info and you all are already complaining tongue.gif tsk tsk

The sales are staggered, with windows of 2-4 hrs per level with a total of 5 levels. If you miss your window, you can buy at ANYTIME during the presale, but you cannot buy before your level starts. wink.gif Hope this helps

I've just managed to reserve seats in Aisle 23, level 2 at Etihad stadium for my pregnant wife and I through the Medallion club (i'm a member). Looking at the seating plan it seems we will be quite far away since the claw is not centered, but I'm hoping this allows us to take in the whole show as well :) Has anyone here done the stadium seating at a 360 concert before?? and what did they think of it?? My mate and I have already decided that if there is a 2nd show in Melb (hopefully there will be), we will be doing GA like we did at Popmart and Vertigo. The wives will just have to stay at home :)

It does help, thank you. smile.gif

[quote name='bsd1 wrote:

Bajagirl']

Geez, you dont even have ANY info and you all are already complaining
tongue.gif
tsk tsk

The sales are staggered, with windows of 2-4 hrs per level with a total of 5 levels. If you miss your window, you can buy at ANYTIME during the presale, but you cannot buy before your level starts.
wink.gif
Hope this helps

It does help, thank you. smile.gif

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but it looks like there ISN'T a staggered sale this time around. From the updated official FAQ:

All subscribers with a valid subscription and presale code before Sun. 22 Aug. 7AM NZ / 5AM AU have access on Day 1 of the presale, Thursday August 26th. All those with subscriptions taken out from after this time ('Cedars' Subscribers) will have access to the presale from 1pm on Monday 30th August

Another question, if extra shows get put on sale will there be a pre-sale for these too? I remember in 2006 there was only a pre-sale for the first show. What has happened in the rest of the world?

[quote name='bsd1 wrote:

bsd1 wrote:

Bajagirl']

tongue.gif
tsk tsk

The sales are staggered, with windows of 2-4 hrs per level with a total of 5 levels. If you miss your window, you can buy at ANYTIME during the presale, but you cannot buy before your level starts.
wink.gif
Hope this helps

It does help, thank you. 
smile.gif

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but it looks like there ISN'T a staggered sale this time around. From the updated official FAQ:

All subscribers with a valid subscription and presale code before[/font] Sun. 22 Aug. 7AM NZ / 5AM AU[/font] [/font]have access on Day 1 of the presale,[/font] Thursday August 26th. All those with subscriptions taken out from after this time ('Cedars' Subscribers) will have access to the presale from 1pm on Monday 30th August

Yes but the next question has the following note:

"Please note: 'Horizon', 'Breathe', 'Boots' and 'Magnificent' subscribers retain their place in different presale priority groups for any future relevant presales. We do not change your subscription category. No exceptions will be made. The exact times for access will be emailed to you and made available on the tour page of U2.com when you sign in.Please note: 'Horizon', 'Breathe', 'Boots' and 'Magnificent' subscribers retain their place in different presale priority groups for any future relevant presales. We do not change your subscription category. No exceptions will be made. The exact times for access will be emailed to you and made available on the tour page of U2.com when you sign in."

Which seems to imply there will be different times for each group

Cheers Baja, that's clear now!

"The prices are all in line with the Vertigo Tour" - bollocks they are I paid $99 for reserved seats at ANZ Stadium. Even the A-Reserver seats were only $129 but they'd sold out.

Pop Mart on the other had was a big rip off I paid $275 and got god awful seats in the heavens at the side of the SFS.

Also these are the same seats that I paid $60 bucks for to watch State of Origin or about $25-$40 bucks to watch the footy.

It's not like they're suddenly moved closer to the stage or something.

And with a 6/12 year old GAand queing all day is really not an option.

Lucky I get paid well although I still don't think I can justify $299 a pop.

Bollocks? Oh Really??

The cheapest tickets at Vertigo were more expensive than the cheapest tickets this time.  The B and C reserve style tickets are almost the same price and GA tickets are the exact same price that they were 5 years ago.

So they've jacked up the price of the A reserve section to subsidize the cheap seats. (and they were $199 in 2006 not $129)  Seems pretty fair to me.

At the end of the day, the people who find themselves front row will have only paid $100 for a ticket.

You didn't pay $275 for a ticket to Sydney Popmart (unless you got ripped off, or are stupid).  There were 2 catagories for that gig - $100 and $120.  They released $40 limited view tickets  on the day of the show.

Tickets to Zoo TV Sydney were $70 for every seat, and that was 1993.

And comparing the State Of Origin to the U2 tour is like comparing VB to Veuve Clicquot.

I saw both shows in New Jersey last year from behind the stage, and had an amazing time at both.

Anyways, it times like this that highlight the different types of fans there are.

There's those that will think "Wow, U2s actually bringing that insane production all the way to Oz, and I get to go and see them. How feckin sweet!!!!!"

And there's those who will bitch and moan about tickets in catagories that they won't be buying anyway, and crapping on for the next 4 months about how Powderfinger should be supporting and Jay Z is rap crap........

That's fine. Each to their own.

But if you want to hang out with Mick in his home town folks, you'll find me with the "how feckin sweet" gang that are just out for a wicked night.

And chances are you'll find me happily flipping off the bitchers and moaners.happy.gif

"The prices are all in line with the Vertigo Tour" - bollocks they are I paid $99 for reserved seats at ANZ Stadium. Even the A-Reserver seats were only $129 but they'd sold out.

Pop Mart on the other had was a big rip off I paid $275 and got god awful seats in the heavens at the side of the SFS.

Also these are the same seats that I paid $60 bucks for to watch State of Origin or about $25-$40 bucks to watch the footy.

It's not like they're suddenly moved closer to the stage or something.

And with a 6/12 year old GAand queing all day is really not an option.

Lucky I get paid well although I still don't think I can justify $299 a pop.

Bollocks? Oh Really??

The cheapest tickets at Vertigo were more expensive than the cheapest tickets this time.  The B and C reserve style tickets are almost the same price and GA tickets are the exact same price that they were 5 years ago.

So they've jacked up the price of the A reserve section to subsidize the cheap seats. (and they were $199 in 2006 not $129)  Seems pretty fair to me.

At the end of the day, the people who find themselves front row will have only paid $100 for a ticket.

You didn't pay $275 for a ticket to Sydney Popmart (unless you got ripped off, or are stupid).  There were 2 catagories for that gig - $100 and $120.  They released $40 limited view tickets  on the day of the show.

Tickets to Zoo TV Sydney were $70 for every seat, and that was 1993.

And comparing the State Of Origin to the U2 tour is like comparing VB to Veuve Clicquot.

I saw both shows in New Jersey last year from behind the stage, and had an amazing time at both.

Anyways, it times like this that highlight the different types of fans there are.

There's those that will think "Wow, U2s actually bringing that insane production all the way to Oz, and I get to go and see them. How feckin sweet!!!!!"

And there's those who will bitch and moan about tickets in catagories that they won't be buying anyway, and crapping on for the next 4 months about how Powderfinger should be supporting and Jay Z is rap crap........

That's fine. Each to their own.

But if you want to hang out with Mick in his home town folks, you'll find me with the "how feckin sweet" gang that are just out for a wicked night.

And chances are you'll find me happily flipping off the bitchers and moaners.happy.gif

i checked on ticketmaster's website and they said that the red zone tickets will only be available through them. so does this mean that the red zone is unavailable through the fan pre-sale?

i checked on ticketmaster's website and they said that the red zone tickets will only be available through them. so does this mean that the red zone is unavailable through the fan pre-sale?

All tickets are only available through them so it does not mean much.

I've just managed to reserve seats in Aisle 23, level 2 at Etihad stadium for my pregnant wife and I through the Medallion club (i'm a member). Looking at the seating plan it seems we will be quite far away since the claw is not centered, but I'm hoping this allows us to take in the whole show as well :) Has anyone here done the stadium seating at a 360 concert before?? and what did they think of it?? My mate and I have already decided that if there is a 2nd show in Melb (hopefully there will be), we will be doing GA like we did at Popmart and Vertigo. The wives will just have to stay at home :)
Hi mate.

Wifey and I were behind the stage on the lower teir for both NJ shows last year, and the sound and presentation were stunning.

The band faced the other way for a lot of the time, but if you're aware of that before hand, there's nothing to be upset about.

Hi mate.

Wifey and I were behind the stage on the lower teir for both NJ shows last year, and the sound and presentation were stunning.

The band faced the other way for a lot of the time, but if you're aware of that before hand, there's nothing to be upset about.

I saw the Rose Bowl show last year.. My seats were face on to the stage but up the back.. Pretty much similar to your seats... It was great.. The show its self is awesome and you get to see the whole light show and how the stage works etc... 

And to the people whinging about $$$.. Be lucky that U2 give you the option of seeing them for under $100... Most bands of their popularity do not! Unless you are like me and others and need to be down the front, you will see a friggin awesome show regardless of what you pay and where you sit!

[quote name='sal71 wrote:

Jedi77']I've just managed to reserve seats in Aisle 23, level 2 at Etihad stadium for my pregnant wife and I through the Medallion club (i'm a member). Looking at the seating plan it seems we will be quite far away since the claw is not centered, but I'm hoping this allows us to take in the whole show as well
:)
Has anyone here done the stadium seating at a 360 concert before?? and what did they think of it?? My mate and I have already decided that if there is a 2nd show in Melb (hopefully there will be), we will be doing GA like we did at Popmart and Vertigo. The wives will just have to stay at home

I saw the Rose Bowl show last year.. My seats were face on to the stage but up the back.. Pretty much similar to your seats... It was great.. The show its self is awesome and you get to see the whole light show and how the stage works etc... 

And to the people whinging about $$$.. Be lucky that U2 give you the option of seeing them for under $100... Most bands of their popularity do not! Unless you are like me and others and need to be down the front, you will see a friggin awesome show regardless of what you pay and where you sit!

Ding Ding!!!!

You win the prize for awesomeness.......

Seriously peeps, don't be whinging dickheads.

This show wasn't even coming here, now it is, and there is some very affordable tickets on offer.

Buy the ones that you can afford.  Turn up. Have a few beers. Dance, sing and a have the time of your life.

Pretty. Feckin. Simple.

[quote name='sal71 wrote:

Jedi77']I've just managed to reserve seats in Aisle 23, level 2 at Etihad stadium for my pregnant wife and I through the Medallion club (i'm a member). Looking at the seating plan it seems we will be quite far away since the claw is not centered, but I'm hoping this allows us to take in the whole show as well
Has anyone here done the stadium seating at a 360 concert before?? and what did they think of it?? My mate and I have already decided that if there is a 2nd show in Melb (hopefully there will be), we will be doing GA like we did at Popmart and Vertigo. The wives will just have to stay at home

Ding Ding!!!!

You win the prize for awesomeness.......

Seriously peeps, don't be whinging dickheads.

This show wasn't even coming here, now it is, and there is some very affordable tickets on offer.

Buy the ones that you can afford.  Turn up. Have a few beers. Dance, sing and a have the time of your life.

Pretty. Feckin. Simple.

[quote name='kgb wrote:

bsd1 wrote:

bsd1 wrote:

Bajagirl']

tongue.gif
tsk tsk

wink.gif
Hope this helps

It does help, thank you. 
smile.gif

All subscribers with a valid subscription and presale code before
[/font]
 Sun. 22 Aug. 7AM NZ / 5AM AU
[/font]

[/font]
have access on Day 1 of the presale,
[/font]
Thursday August 26th. All those with subscriptions taken out from after this time ('Cedars' Subscribers) will have access to the presale from 1pm on Monday 30th August

Yes but the next question has the following note:

"Please note: 'Horizon', 'Breathe', 'Boots' and 'Magnificent' subscribers retain their place in different presale priority groups for any future relevant presales. We do not change your subscription category. No exceptions will be made. The exact times for access will be emailed to you and made available on the tour page of U2.com when you sign in.Please note: 'Horizon', 'Breathe', 'Boots' and 'Magnificent' subscribers retain their place in different presale priority groups for any future relevant presales. We do not change your subscription category. No exceptions will be made. The exact times for access will be emailed to you and made available on the tour page of U2.com when you sign in."

Which seems to imply there will be different times for each groupClear as mud...

(I shall not jump to conclusions, I shall not jump to conclusions)

Turn up. Have a few beers. Dance, sing and a have the time of your life.

Pretty. Feckin. Simple.

Sounds about right! laugh.gif

[quote name='Lemonhead wrote:

tul']i checked on ticketmaster's website and they said that the red zone tickets will only be available through them. so does this mean that the red zone is unavailable through the fan pre-sale?

All tickets are only available through them so it does not mean much.

sorry but i dont quite get what you mean. could you clarify please?