Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

hey mickster!

jay z seems a funny choice! (sarah can use this as an excuse to vote me off in the vote off thread hahahaha) but i dont dig his music. i know alot of people who rave on about him. yeah respect to him as an artist, but im not that into his songs.

talking about hip hop, where is that hip hop album bono!

u2 should release an aussie show on dvd next! can see the set lists being bomb! (ok im trying to get sarah's vote in the vote off thread, but doubt it will work he he he)

but seriously they should release a dvd of 360 in the land of oz!

I'm tempted Mac but its your turn for a vote today and not even blasphemy such as this is changing my mind.

Never interested in hearing Bono rap...altho I do like the wee MOS rap addition. 

I'm a long time fan of Jay Z.  Did you know he doesn't write his songs down?  He memorizes them and never writes down the lyrics?  He's a talent and he just gets better as he goes.  I am so so so so so happy about this I just can't get over it.  Will be the best shows of the whole tour, I am positive of it.

Did you know he doesn't write his songs down?  He memorizes them and never writes down the lyrics? 

I didnt know that - well then, he can teach Bono something roll.gif wont be seeing any lyrics monitor for his set then.......lol

yep already going MUSE in Perth :) hoping U2 rumoured second show (if it happens) doesnt clash with MUSE - please be Friday 17th instead so I can go to both U2 shows and still see MUSE!

This is so awesome, I sobbed my little heart out in excitement when I heard they were coming back. I was a bit bummed there was no Adelaide dates until I realised... that means I get a HOLIDAY IN SYDNEY. Hells yeah!!!

Anyone see 'em last night on the 7:30 Project?

Damn the boys look good.

I am so glad I put myself into tour isolation like I did with the last one, once I have seen them, then I will watch the DVD, but I want to see the tour the first time, myself.

Best news EVER....so happy for my Aussie friends and all the zoops in NZ as well. It's gonna be a GREAT December. Leonie, you ready????????????????? (silly question) WOOOHOOOOOO!!!

OK - dumb question time. Signed up yesterday, and was informed would be in the 4th priority group in the presale. Sweet. Now presale info is up, and it is saying that new subscribers are in the 5th group? Does that mean I am in the 4th, or the 5th group?

Also received an email link to "confirm my community email address: - but the link doesn't appear to work! Oh noes...

Will Red Zone tix be in the pre-sale? Just wondering if it's worth splashing out? Will have wife and two teens with me. Don't think they want to queue and stand all day in the crush or sit five miles back in the stands. But it's pricey for four tickets. :(

So I check my account info and now have 2 presale codes? Anyone else with this?

Also 11:00 am I'm assuming that's 10:30 AM SA time.

Just the one code for me - but also getting "Priority Access Group: N/A"

Hopefully that will eventually update and confirm which priority group I'm in?

Yep i have two codes as well. one of my codes is from last year unused. The code beginning 2 is the 2010 code allocation but you can use either fine.

There is now more info up on the presale page, curious to find out if there is still a staggered presale for those in group 1 (i.e. Horizon first in etc): 

U2.COM SUBSCRIBER TICKET PRESALE 

The presale for the 5 New Zealand and Australian shows begins this week. The times are as follows:

Group 1 (Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots) - Begins Thurs. 26 Aug. 11AM and ends Mon. Aug. 30 at 12noon.

Group 2 (Cedar) - Begins Mon. 30 Aug. 1PM local and ends Wed. 1 Sept. 12noon.

All times are local.

The public onsale begins Friday 3 Sept. 9AM local.

NB - The FAQs will be updated shortly.

To the mods for passing on to the site managers: not sure that changing the site style was a good idea during AUS/NZ daylight hours (as much as I'm sure the time fits in nicely for much of the rest of the world, many people are trying to get info now in AUS/NZ and it just looks unprofessional). indifferent.gif

Original_Acrobat wrote:
Anyone see 'em last night on the 7:30 Project?
In the intro with the ZOOTV footage, did they say Adam was Larry and Larry was Adam?

So is that 11am NZ time, which would make it about 5am in Perth? Or is that 11am in NZ, then 11am eastern states, then 11am in WA?

So is that 11am NZ time, which would make it about 5am in Perth? Or is that 11am in NZ, then 11am eastern states, then 11am in WA?

It says "All times are local." so I presume it'll be 11am in NZ, then 11am in the Aussie states. laugh.gif That would of course mean that if you're in Australia and wanted NZ tickets you'd want to be checking the NZ ticketek link at 11am NZT, and vice versa.

At Popmart and Vertigo I was front row. :) Awesome time. But this time, my wife is pregant, and when U2 are playing in Melb in December she will be only 4 weeks away from her delivery date :) So the option of lining up all day and standing in GA is not an option, so we need to go seated. Trouble is, presales is this week but I have no idea what the seating arrangements at Etihad is going to be..... anyone have an idea??

I have two codes now. Does that mean I can buy to more than one show? Hope so. Have booked a "meeting" for the presale KO time. I assume there will be the usual announcement of extra shows at each venue, but would hate to miss out!

I have two codes now. Does that mean I can buy to more than one show? Hope so. Have booked a "meeting" for the presale KO time. I assume there will be the usual announcement of extra shows at each venue, but would hate to miss out!
My account info page now shows two codes as well one starting with 2U2 and the other with 3U2, like you I have also booked a meeting, nothings going to get in the way of me getting my tickets.

The pre-sale page just shows my original pre-sales code twice.

Better make sure I get credit card all in line and everything.

EDIT: Well now the pre-sales page shows two different codes - which match those on the Account Info page.

I wonder if they do a second show if there's a pre-sale on those tickets so I could use one code of the first Sydney show and the other for a second show if announced.

When they first announced it my wife said would you mind taking so and so, and so and so who are mates of my son and I said I can only possibly only get 4 tickets so I unfortunately, family first.

Then my brother texted me asking if I could get him 2 tickets.

I'd get 8 GA but my youngest son is only 6 and the eldest and his mates are only 10 so probably none of them would last standing the whole time.

Maybe I should stop worrying about everyone else and just concentrate on my wife, 2 boys and myself.