Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

celticfc09

Disappearing Act

first of all, this one would be great in the setlists

second, when was this recorded. I know it was on the UF disc 2 reissue, but was it recorded during UF sessions? it sounds way to recent. 

I think what they've done with songs like Disappearing Act, Angels Too Tied to the Ground, and Beautiful Ghost is take musical ideas they had back in the day that they never fleshed out and polish them up. All of the vocals in the songs are obviously recent, but Edge's backing vocals in Angels and the piano in Disappearing Act seem to be directly taken or inspired by the War and UF eras, respectively.

And yeah, I agree, Disappearing Act is one of their best songs in ages. The lyrics are as good as anything on Zooropa or Pop.

the music was originally recorded in the unforgettable fire sessions..............1984.

the vocals were recorded i think last year or the year before.

yeah, piano part is definitely original, but bono and edges guitar sound new. either way its a top tune.

wish stingray was on there

celtic thanks for pointing out this song for us..ive never heard it until you did this!!

edges guitar work is really nice here...

definityly original work---LOVE IT!

first of all, this one would be great in the setlists

second, when was this recorded. I know it was on the UF disc 2 reissue, but was it recorded during UF sessions? it sounds way to recent. 

Perfect Idea

yeah its a pretty good one. i had heard it back when the UF reissue came out but hadnt gotten a copy. forgot about it. finally came across it again, quite brilliant

i also love bono singing the Unforgettable fire these days, cause of his voice

and edge's refined guitar effects and delays

pretty awesome mix of Mercy and Sort of Homecoming almost

I love this song. I can remember at the time it came out, Neil McCormick said something about the vocals being new. I guess he'd probably know.

I love this song. I can remember at the time it came out, Neil McCormick said something about the vocals being new. I guess he'd probably know.

i agree  me also 

it is a particular song

a original song .

By the way not heard often on radio....

[quote name='Coquelicot wrote:

SoniaLaStrega']I love this song. I can remember at the time it came out, Neil McCormick said something about the vocals being new. I guess he'd probably know.

i agree  me also 

it is a particular song

a original song .

By the way not heard often on radio....

you wont hear it on the radio, because its not a single. and never was.

I've been obsessed with this song recently! I did notice that the vocals didn't seem to exactly fit with that era.

Didnt they do this in the UF sessions then rework it again for the release of the UF remaster?.

Didnt they do this in the UF sessions then rework it again for the release of the UF remaster?.

Yes, like Mac said.  You can tell the basic sound of the song, Edge's guitar have the UF sound, but Bono's vocals are very recent.

yeah its a pretty good one. i had heard it back when the UF reissue came out but hadnt gotten a copy. forgot about it. finally came across it again, quite brilliant

i also love bono singing the Unforgettable fire these days, cause of his voice

and edge's refined guitar effects and delays

pretty awesome mix of Mercy and Sort of Homecoming almost

Yeah, it does kind of sound like a cross between Mercy and SOH.