Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zhivvy

US pastor to burn copies of the Koran on 11th September

@peter: it is a very american thing, the conspiracy-theory. not saying it is totally absent in the rest of the world, but in no other place could it grow to this proportion, i think. books are written, articles and documentaries and films made about these theories (i cant even begin to count the JFK-stuff i have seen, heard, read about) maybe its because the media in america is also bigger and more about the ratings and selling than about the actual facts and news itself (like was confirmed by many, earlier in this thread). its like the cia and fbi... al those theories about them being involved in jfk's assassination and MM suicide.... no other secret service or special police unit in any other country has been made suspicious like the american

@nikki: my original remark was about afganistan, looks like the 2 situations have been mixed up in this thread a few times. tho i'm sure women in other Muslim-countries don have an easy life either...the situation in afganistan touched me cause it happened so suddenly. one day there was this rahter modern/liberal version of the islam, next day the Taliban seized the power and 'imprisonned' all these women...  
okay, nough said bout this topic by barbara... sorry....embarassed.gif

Actually, conspiracy theories run thick and deep throughout much of the Islamic world too and in other areas that are, for whatever reason, behind on the development curve.  Such thinking (which is really rather primitive) thrives particularly in societies that are repressive or closed, which is interesting given Americans' penchant for them....

my original remark was about afganistan, looks like the 2 situations have been mixed up in this thread a few times. tho i'm sure women in other Muslim-countries don have an easy life either...the situation in afganistan touched me cause it happened so suddenly. one day there was this rahter modern/liberal version of the islam, next day the Taliban seized the power and 'imprisonned' all these women...  
okay, nough said bout this topic by barbara... sorry....embarassed.gif

Barbara, I don't think one can ever say (or do) TOO much about this issue.  

this is a really great news article...Nazhira take a look...
Xtra Honey...I've read the article when Security posted it.

This article, is my opinion, is saying nothing.

Needless to say, I don't find much value in trying to convince anybody. The further away from the points of impact--and the points of power and decision-making--the more clouded reality becomes. And trying to convince a conspiracy theorist they have bought into a conspiracy, is about as productive a use of time as trying to convince a fudamentalist that there is no god. Neither is worth the effort. And neither will be effective.

In the end, it doesn't really matter what people believe. The only thing that matters is that those responsible for trying to prevent these things from happening again, know what the reality is.

Needless to say, I don't find much value in trying to convince anybody. The further away from the points of impact--and the points of power and decision-making--the more clouded reality becomes. And trying to convince a conspiracy theorist they have bought into a conspiracy, is about as productive a use of time as trying to convince a fudamentalist that there is no god. Neither is worth the effort. And neither will be effective.

In the end, it doesn't really matter what people believe. The only thing that matters is that those responsible for trying to prevent these things from happening again, know what the reality is.

Agree with you in something, the thing is not to convince anybody. As we concluded before we are sharing information and ideas, thoughts. No one of us has the truth. But the conversation is great to exercise brains. Only exchanging we can open are minds and acknowledge another realities exist in the world.

What I don't like is labeling people. When we label a person we don't listen to his/her ideas propertly. Labeling sometimes is the beggining of lots of problems. Labeling is shuting the channels of comunication.

[quote name='nazhira wrote:

security_in_anonymity']Needless to say, I don't find much value in trying to convince anybody. The further away from the points of impact--and the points of power and decision-making--the more clouded reality becomes. And trying to convince a conspiracy theorist they have bought into a conspiracy, is about as productive a use of time as trying to convince a fudamentalist that there is no god. Neither is worth the effort. And neither will be effective.

Agree with you in something, the thing is not to convince anybody. As we concluded before we are sharing information and ideas, thoughts. No one of us has the truth. But the conversation is great to exercise brains. Only exchanging we can open are minds and acknowledge another realities exist in the world.

What I don't like is labeling people. When we label a person we don't listen to his/her ideas propertly. Labeling sometimes is the beggining of lots of problems. Labeling is shuting the channels of comunication.

Which is prcisely the biggest obstacle to world harmony. Different religions, political parties, organizations, ideologies...COUNTRIES.....that serve to differentiate and categorize us...when in reality we are all brothers and sisters...all related.....not the same...but the same.....

[quote name='petermullen wrote:

nazhira wrote:

security_in_anonymity']Needless to say, I don't find much value in trying to convince anybody. The further away from the points of impact--and the points of power and decision-making--the more clouded reality becomes. And trying to convince a conspiracy theorist they have bought into a conspiracy, is about as productive a use of time as trying to convince a fudamentalist that there is no god. Neither is worth the effort. And neither will be effective.

Which is prcisely the biggest obstacle to world harmony. Different religions, political parties, organizations, ideologies...COUNTRIES.....that serve to differentiate and categorize us...when in reality we are all brothers and sisters...all related.....not the same...but the same.....

Absolutly Peter, not the same... but the same...

I love this sentence