Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mummy

"Bono told me to F*** Off"

Some years ago, The Edge had a girlfriend down in Clara, Co. Offaly.  Don't ask... I've no idea what he was thinking.... why anyone would go out with a Biffo is beyond me!  But anyways, The Edge went out with a biffo for a while.  In time, I'm not sure how long of a time, but in time, her father died and there was a funeral... so The Edge and the lads went down to Clara to pay their respects.  All of them.  I dunno about Paul going down but the other four went.  Anyways, they were there at the funeral parlour doing what they had to do.  As they were famous and well known, even by biffos, one odd biffo (not saying they are all odd, but not saying they are not all odd either) went up to Bono and starting asking him questions.  Stupid questions.  Needless to say, Bono got pissed off.  He turns to the young Biffo and tells him politely, but really it was quite impolite: "F*** Off!  Can't you see I'm at a funeral?".  The lad was ecstatic... he ran off and delightedly told all his friends, and anyone else who would listen, that Bono personally told him to "F*** Off!".  True story.

It's been fun. It's been enlightening. It's been frightening. It's been fun. I know, I said that already. You don't have to tell me, daddy. But like all good events, they must come to an end. I gotta love you, leave you, and maybe some day meet you ... but until that day arrives, I gotta go for a pint.

P.S... for those of you who don't know what a biffo is, it's a big irish f***er from offaly. It's not derogatory... they even call themselves biffos. Even our taoiseach is a biffo. He'd tell you himself, over a pint, when he's slurring, just before he goes on the radio to talk about our financial demise into an IMF country!

Seriously though: smile. But make sure it's not a serious smile.

Cool story - maybe he thinks he sees a biffo when he's always pulling the fingers at shows...

BTW - Aucklanders get called Jafas: Just Another Fucking Aucklander

Cool story - maybe he thinks he sees a biffo when he's always pulling the fingers at shows...

BTW - Aucklanders get called Jafas: Just Another Fucking Aucklander

roll.gif

Good on you Bono!

Curse him in Gaelic next time then he'll really have something to celebrate. tongue.gif

"Some of them want to be abused" Sweet Dreams

Some years ago, The Edge had a girlfriend down in Clara, Co. Offaly.  Don't ask... I've no idea what he was thinking.... why anyone would go out with a Biffo is beyond me!  But anyways, The Edge went out with a biffo for a while.  In time, I'm not sure how long of a time, but in time, her father died and there was a funeral... so The Edge and the lads went down to Clara to pay their respects.  All of them.  I dunno about Paul going down but the other four went.  Anyways, they were there at the funeral parlour doing what they had to do.  As they were famous and well known, even by biffos, one odd biffo (not saying they are all odd, but not saying they are not all odd either) went up to Bono and starting asking him questions.  Stupid questions.  Needless to say, Bono got pissed off.  He turns to the young Biffo and tells him politely, but really it was quite impolite: "F*** Off!  Can't you see I'm at a funeral?".  The lad was ecstatic... he ran off and delightedly told all his friends, and anyone else who would listen, that Bono personally told him to "F*** Off!".  True story.
Thsi "girlfriend" of the Edge was between Aislinn and Morleigh was she Mummy?

Keep up the great fictional work

Woah, if Bono is going to be grouchy at someone he just met, I'd better steer clear of him because I would hate to be on the recieving end of his anger!!!

My sweet departed grandma use to be able say all the bad words in Irish. They were the only words she could remember.

I guess sometimes we ask for it , obviously hes the wrong person to aproach at the wrong time , If the story is really true................

I love the fact he ran off to tell everyone! Even f*ck off is a claim to fame!