Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jillie

Still adead zoo, might as well head off to bed

that's what delete buttons are for!

[quote name='security_in_anonymity wrote:

mick james']

Oh, and my favourite - peeps that get annoyed and part ways with an "I'm leaving the Zoo forever because you're all pathalogically disturbed" thread, only to return a few months later with a different screen name.....  
wink.gifI did that....left for a year, came back only to find things still criminally poisoned. Left for another year and came back to find things as they are now, which is really quite civil and nice :-)  But in all frankness, there were criminals here then, engaging in criminal actions--hacking, stalking, worse.  And they were being enabled by whoever the creep was running the place at the time. There is no getting around this truth.  Glad they have regrouped in some shady hole elsewhere.

While I'm sceptical enough of these claims to think that you are being majorly paranoid, I do remember you making these claims to very little fanfare at the time.

Did you really get stalked and hacked, or did you just get overly offended by opposing opinions and the fact that those of us in the colonies are known to swear like pirates?

Mate, I ask this respectfully, and if you say these things happened then I'll respect you enough to believe that you felt these things were true.

But really, criminal hacking stalkers? And a moderator that facilitated their activities?

You serious? You make it sound like the Russian Mafia used to run these boards....

I'm intrigued.

[quote name='security_in_anonymity wrote:

mick james']

Oh, and my favourite - peeps that get annoyed and part ways with an "I'm leaving the Zoo forever because you're all pathalogically disturbed" thread, only to return a few months later with a different screen name.....  
wink.gifI did that....left for a year, came back only to find things still criminally poisoned. Left for another year and came back to find things as they are now, which is really quite civil and nice :-)  But in all frankness, there were criminals here then, engaging in criminal actions--hacking, stalking, worse.  And they were being enabled by whoever the creep was running the place at the time. There is no getting around this truth.  Glad they have regrouped in some shady hole elsewhere.

While I'm sceptical enough of these claims to think that you are being majorly paranoid, I do remember you making these claims to very little fanfare at the time.

Did you really get stalked and hacked, or did you just get overly offended by opposing opinions and the fact that those of us in the colonies are known to swear like pirates?

Mate, I ask this respectfully, and if you say these things happened then I'll respect you enough to believe that you felt these things were true.

But really, criminal hacking stalkers? And a moderator that facilitated their activities?

You serious? You make it sound like the Russian Mafia used to run these boards....

I'm intrigued.

well, i hope everyone did quote them, then! you wont be able to get rid off that!

[quote name='mick james wrote:

security_in_anonymity wrote:

mick james']

wink.gif
I did that....left for a year, came back only to find things still criminally poisoned. Left for another year and came back to find things as they are now, which is really quite civil and nice :-)  But in all frankness, there were criminals here then, engaging in criminal actions--hacking, stalking, worse.  And they were being enabled by whoever the creep was running the place at the time. There is no getting around this truth.  Glad they have regrouped in some shady hole elsewhere.

You serious? You make it sound like the Russian Mafia were running the boards....

I'm intrigued.

security_in_anonymity wrote:

mick james']

wink.gif
I did that....left for a year, came back only to find things still criminally poisoned. Left for another year and came back to find things as they are now, which is really quite civil and nice :-)  But in all frankness, there were criminals here then, engaging in criminal actions--hacking, stalking, worse.  And they were being enabled by whoever the creep was running the place at the time. There is no getting around this truth.  Glad they have regrouped in some shady hole elsewhere.

You serious? You make it sound like the Russian Mafia were running the boards....

I'm intrigued.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm seeing this thread late in the game. What on earth!!! It's kind of gone all over the place at this stage but what is a flash mob and how did I miss it and was it a thread somewhere on here?

I find that there are too many message boards to keep up with. I try to scan about four of them (two in free and two in paid) each day to keep up with stuff. Do we really need so many boards?

And a U2 fan site being stalked and criminalized? Really? Hard to believe. If it was, then those were people with way too much time on their hands when you consider what sorts of sites there are on the world wide web to infiltrate and mess with.

Ok someone explain what the flash mob thing was.

:)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm seeing this thread late in the game. What on earth!!! It's kind of gone all over the place at this stage but what is a flash mob and how did I miss it and was it a thread somewhere on here?

I find that there are too many message boards to keep up with. I try to scan about four of them (two in free and two in paid) each day to keep up with stuff. Do we really need so many boards?

And a U2 fan site being stalked and criminalized? Really? Hard to believe. If it was, then those were people with way too much time on their hands when you consider what sorts of sites there are on the world wide web to infiltrate and mess with.

A big group of old Zootops popped in for a visit the other day.

Now the Zoo is broken laugh.gif

scout6']Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm seeing this thread late in the game. What on earth!!! It's kind of gone all over the place at this stage but what is a flash mob and how did I miss it and was it a thread somewhere on here?

And we need to fix it - call 999 or 911 or any other emergency number!!! need the drugs!!!tongue.gif

mick james wrote:

does that make you a sort of sexy 'captain jack' like pirate, mick?

scout: on thursday-nite 9pm (gmt) a FB-group of 'old-zootopians' planned a visit to this boards to 'resurect' the old days,  tried to post as many topics and replies as possible within an hour time. they wanted to raid the zoo and his current members and have a bit of fun, stir up the place a little with new topics and a bit of 'old controversy'. things got weird when posts and threads disappeared and people felt like they were censured.... the group feels offended and attacked now, and betrayed by the mods... i hope i summed it op objectively?

Once upon a time, in a zoo far far away, I was a paid member. On the very day I became a member, I was accused by many of the older users of being some notorious user that used to "upset the threads". I used to get quite a number of PMs from the mods too: I think they suspected I was that notorious user too. Then, and it was inevitable really, I was banned without reason. Subsequently, I became a free member and in time, I was banned. They nailed their pathetic reasons for banning me to the top of this discussion folder. Then I changed my name to "mummy" and they never banned me ever again. And we all lived happily ever after. The end.

Which zoo do I prefer? This one. By far. I only frequent the Free General Forum (I think one folder is enough) and I think all the users are very helpful, friendly and respectful of each other.

Now, that's my post for the week. I hope you enjoyed it. If you want to read more of what I have to say, just re-read this post over and over. :-)

Once upon a time, in a zoo far far away, I was a paid member. On the very day I became a member, I was accused by many of the older users of being some notorious user that used to "upset the threads". I used to get quite a number of PMs from the mods too: I think they suspected I was that notorious user too. Then, and it was inevitable really, I was banned without reason. Subsequently, I became a free member and in time, I was banned. They nailed their pathetic reasons for banning me to the top of this discussion folder. Then I changed my name to "mummy" and they never banned me ever again. And we all lived happily ever after. The end.

Which zoo do I prefer? This one. By far. I only frequent the Free General Forum (I think one folder is enough) and I think all the users are very helpful, friendly and respectful of each other.

Now, that's my post for the week. I hope you enjoyed it. If you want to read more of what I have to say, just re-read this post over and over. :-)

Will re-read tomorrow the monday etc..... then until next saturday then Mummy!happy.gif

mick james wrote:

No, I actually got stalked and hacked.  It went on for two years.  I even went to the authorities about it, but nobody would believe me initially.  Finally, two years later, I had proof--  A.  emails from someone claiming responsibility and saying "they hoped I learned my lesson" and B.  witnesses--military members-- to the cyber crimes, including the hijacking of my keyboard.  People left threatening notes at my house in DC, they lived in my computer, interfered with job applications.  I did not receive a single response to a single application from 2006-2008.   By the time it stopped, and I had proof, they had destroyed my ability to qualify for a security clearance, which ended that  career path.  They accused me of "facilitating the evil ends of the US government," and some one of them found me (or I guess cyber-stalked me) after I had wandered into virtual worlds, and came as a virtual suicide bomber to blow up my avatar--which sounds funny when narrated, but it absolutely not so when it comes on the tail-end (at that point) of 18 months of true crime, which has had a lasting and deleterious effect.   I made a film about that event, which got the attention of some cyber analysts, which helped, finally.   I had invested a lot into preparing to be an analyst.  That career was destroyed.  I have not forgotten.  I will not forget.  I have all of the information and leads and some IPs.  Eventually, I will be able to pay someone to track all of those scum bags down.  Those who were not directly responsible, are still culpable by virtue of creating a nasty, bullying and chaotically lie-infested environment here that provided cover for  one or more psychopaths.  The whole batch are low-lifes, as far as I am concerned. Eventually, they will be held accountable.

mick james wrote:

No, I actually got stalked and hacked.  It went on for two years.  I even went to the authorities about it, but nobody would believe me initially.  Finally, two years later, I had proof--  A.  emails from someone claiming responsibility and saying "they hoped I learned my lesson" and B.  witnesses--military members-- to the cyber crimes, including the hijacking of my keyboard.  People left threatening notes at my house in DC, they lived in my computer, interfered with job applications.  I did not receive a single response to a single application from 2006-2008.   By the time it stopped, and I had proof, they had destroyed my ability to qualify for a security clearance, which ended that  career path.  They accused me of "facilitating the evil ends of the US government," and some one of them found me (or I guess cyber-stalked me) after I had wandered into virtual worlds, and came as a virtual suicide bomber to blow up my avatar--which sounds funny when narrated, but it absolutely not so when it comes on the tail-end (at that point) of 18 months of true crime, which has had a lasting and deleterious effect.   I made a film about that event, which got the attention of some cyber analysts, which helped, finally.   I had invested a lot into preparing to be an analyst.  That career was destroyed.  I have not forgotten.  I will not forget.  I have all of the information and leads and some IPs.  Eventually, I will be able to pay someone to track all of those scum bags down.  Those who were not directly responsible, are still culpable by virtue of creating a nasty, bullying and chaotically lie-infested environment here that provided cover for  one or more psychopaths.  The whole batch are low-lifes, as far as I am concerned. Eventually, they will be held accountable.

mick james wrote:

mick james wrote:

scout: on thursday-nite 9pm (gmt) a FB-group of 'old-zootopians' planned a visit to this boards to 'resurect' the old days,  tried to post as many topics and replies as possible within an hour time. they wanted to raid the zoo and his current members and have a bit of fun, stir up the place a little with new topics and a bit of 'old controversy'. things got weird when posts and threads disappeared and people felt like they were censured.... the group feels offended and attacked now, and betrayed by the mods... i hope i summed it op objectively?

You pretty much summed it up there Barbara ..thanks.

It was me who organised the "flashmob". I used to spend all my time here at the Zoo , chatting to people , playing games and generally enjoying the athmosphere here but that all changed around 2 years ago and most people left here. I just wanted to get all the people i used to talk to back in here , even if it was just a short lenght of time and maybe reignite the spark that used to happen when all those Zootops got together.

It was never meant to cause any trouble or slight all you guys who inhabit the Zoo now. The zoo that is here now is not the same as it was. It is the people who make the Zoo what it is but when all the people you chat to everyday leave then it becomes pretty empty and boring. Maybe in a couple of years you might be lamenting "your old zoo" like we all are...its nothing against you guys, im sure your all terrificpimp.gif

[quote name='cathkel wrote:

barbara1']
mick james wrote:

You pretty much summed it up there Barbara ..thanks.

It was me who organised the "flashmob". I used to spend all my time here at the Zoo , chatting to people , playing games and generally enjoying the athmosphere here but that all changed around 2 years ago and most people left here. I just wanted to get all the people i used to talk to back in here , even if it was just a short lenght of time and maybe reignite the spark that used to happen when all those Zootops got together.

It was never meant to cause any trouble or slight all you guys who inhabit the Zoo now. The zoo that is here now is not the same as it was. It is the people who make the Zoo what it is but when all the people you chat to everyday leave then it becomes pretty empty and boring. Maybe in a couple of years you might be lamenting "your old zoo" like we all are...its nothing against you guys, im sure your all terrificpimp.gif

I understand what you mean Cathkel - it is not the same when people go and you miss them. I never posted in here a couple of years ago - but wish i had. I have only been posting in the 'new zoo' and I do love it in here. I have made some lovely friends and have been lucky enough to have met up with some grest Zootops and spend time with them and their families and can't wait to meet many more.

Your idea of the flashmob was great and it was fun. And I do think some spark was reignited, but I don't think that it could happen in one hour. I hope that old zootops were enticed back in here and will keep popping back in here and see that it is still a fun place and there are some great people in here and this place will come back alive to how you want it. But even if it doesn't stay and meet us new ones - we are lovely lol!!!!

maybe thats part of the problem. i wont say anything bout the banning or what else happened in here some years ago, since its hard to find out the exact facts after all this time. but some 'older' zootops seem to be unwilling to meet new people and give them a fair chance. they talk bout the old days and joke bout the conditions that labels you as a 'real, genuine zootop' (and to some level i think they arent just joking). but lets face it, some people werent here all those years ago, because they didnt have acces to the www or maybe were unaware of this community excisting (both in my case). or they're pretty young fans.

and i can imagine it gets boring if the familiar faces start to take off, i don blame anyone for losing interest when that happens.
but i find almost every topic started by these 'former active zootops' in here or on FB have the same theme: how dead and empty and boring the zoo has become....
and to be honest, they all start to sound like whining, moaning old folks, and their conversation gets just a little boring too.... 

Sorry you feel that way Barbara...It was never the intention of the "Flashmob" to be a Oldies V's Newbies contest. To be honest with you i regret starting the whole thing now. It was meant to be a bit of fun but has now resulted in alot of bad feeling and a General section that has shut down. U2 fans are a very passionate bunch.....sometimes its a good thing, sometimes a bad thing.

mick james wrote:

So let me get this straight.....

You're suggesting that for 2 years, there was a group of Zootopians who conspired with a bent Moderator, to hack into your personal life and prevent you from finding gainful employment?

That for 2 years, every time you applied for a job, the "criminal element" of the Zoo hacked into different company's networks to mess with your applications?

That Zootopians tracked you down to your personal address in DC to stalk you?

That Zootopians somehow how you registered as a threat to the US Government?

That Zootopians tracked you down in the virtual world and "suicide bombed" your avatar

(translation for norms - killed her video game character)

And that the military is involved and has seen your proof?

Now what really intrigues me, is if all this X-files meets Matrix stuff actually happended to you,

then why on Earth would you return here? 

What if the Zoo Mafia gets up to their old criminal tricks?

And considering you made such a song and dance the last time about "having your account deleted to eliminate your internet presence due to Cyber stalkers", then why would you choose a screen name that is an obvious nod to you being a member earlier, and why in the world would you use the same exact Avatar??

It's hardly "Secure" or "Anonymous" if you are instantly recognizable via your Avatar picture... and I must say I recognised you as soon as you returned.

Are you not just asking the Zoo Mafia to find you?

Don't know about the rest of you but I'm totally going to the kitchen to make a helmet out of cooking foil.

Last thing I need is aliens stealing my thoughts.

indifferent.gif

mick james wrote:

So let me get this straight.....

You're suggesting that for 2 years, there was a group of Zootopians who conspired with a bent Moderator, to hack into your personal life and prevent you from finding gainful employment?

That for 2 years, every time you applied for a job, the "criminal element" of the Zoo hacked into different company's networks to mess with your applications?

That Zootopians tracked you down to your personal address in DC to stalk you?

That Zootopians somehow how you registered as a threat to the US Government?

That Zootopians tracked you down in the virtual world and "suicide bombed" your avatar

(translation for norms - killed her video game character)

And that the military is involved and has seen your proof?

Now what really intrigues me, is if all this X-files meets Matrix stuff actually happended to you,

then why on Earth would you return here? 

What if the Zoo Mafia gets up to their old criminal tricks?

And considering you made such a song and dance the last time about "having your account deleted to eliminate your internet presence due to Cyber stalkers", then why would you choose a screen name that is an obvious nod to you being a member earlier, and why in the world would you use the same exact Avatar??

It's hardly "Secure" or "Anonymous" if you are instantly recognizable via your Avatar picture... and I must say I recognised you as soon as you returned.

Are you not just asking the Zoo Mafia to find you?

Don't know about the rest of you but I'm totally going to the kitchen to make a helmet out of cooking foil.

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

Might not be a bad idea Mick... after all you do know it's highly likely there'll be "an increase in alien activity" what with The Claw being in NZ at the moment and due to hit Oz shores in 10 days time.... alien.gif