Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

edgeforpeace

Free Assange

I think this Assange guy has done the world a favor. Everybody knows what everybody else was thinking. Clarity, truth, openness, I think he has the a great service to this country, in particular where China is in the open too. I like this. China has been bothering me inside since 1990, I felt, that they had too much secrecy and the United States, just kept giving them the red carpet all of the time, even when they denied their people the freedom of religion., I say no way Jose, Red Carpet for Bono, because Bono is a light, his truth sets all of us free; I know they have protocols, but Its not right to give a red carpet to people that deny other people their basic freedom, freedom to worship God, oh, and they even deny God by controlling how many children couples can have, that is the most evil thing I have ever heard, I hope God punishes China one of this days, very strong chasticement for what they have done, we should all be protecting the unborn children and their mothers worldwide; 

I don't understand the purpose of so much secretcy. This is similar to what I feel is happening world wide. Everything is becoming exposed into the open wave. Nothing is hiding, or a secret anymore. Its like the light is spreading all over the planet, and people want the truth, people want to "know" who is ruling them, people want to exist and enjoy their existence, even if with limited means, just to be happy, the muslim world has damaged the innocense of our children, and they have exposed to us and the world, their corruption in their spirits, brainwashing people, enslaving them is not right. The killing of their brothers, thats betrayal. How evil they have acted against the west and the rest of the world. They should remember that we all come the same way into this world, and we are all going the same way, we take nothing, but the good deeds we have done for others and how well we served God...This Assange man, well, the truth will set all of us free, even America from the grasp of uneeded secrecy. Okay, it is wrong to do things like with without autorization, but, I feel that documents should not be anywhere they should be shreded at the time it did its job. But, still, I feel the United States should just quarantine anything that moves this way from overthere across the ocean and it sborders secure.

Realmawake

rosa, you know that I love you and you are my friend, but in love I must ask you if you have even read or studied the articles/facts?

rosa, I know that you are a good person, and no matter what, i know that you mean the best and have a good heart...

sia, can you help us work out her points here?

thankssmile.gif

Thanks Spicy, you say very nice things to everyone. :-)

Honestly, I am not sure there is anything I can say that will have any impact on Rosa's perceptions.  Just as there is nothing I can say to convince Nazhira that the US did not knock down its own buildings on 9/11.   And, to be honest, I don't think trying is a very good use of time.  People will see and believe what they want to.  

I have wasted a lot of time and energy over the last few years trying to help by explaining situations to people much sharper than some of the people on this board, and offering alternative plans/strategies, and even those did not listen. So, I am sort of in a head-space now where I will explain something once, or maybe twice, offer a suggestion or two,  but if people ignore this, that is on them.  And I have grown passive about watching people and organizations fall into holes of their own choosing.  I guess that sounds callous, but I have to figure out the best way to spend my limited time. And at this point, I prefer to find those who can see the futures, who want to work on the solutions for the futures, and who can do so without silliness or ego getting in the way.  Laugh!....there are not too many of these sorts of people around, and I spend a lot of time working alone!

The bottom line is that the world is changing radically, and what we see here with this WikiLeaks bit is just a very very small and not even that significant a challenge compared to what is coming. Learning how to adapt to things like this as quickly as possible will make the difference between being able to thrive in the future, or not.

I am off to engage in the holiday now, and I wish everyone a wonderful season in whatever form you are celebrating it :-)  Read you soon.....

Best wishes!

Honestly, I am not sure there is anything I can say that will have any impact on Rosa's perceptions.  Just as there is nothing I can say to convince Nazhira that the US did not knock down its own buildings on 9/11.   And, to be honest, I don't think trying is a very good use of time.  People will see and believe what they want to.  

I have wasted a lot of time and energy over the last few years trying to help by explaining situations to people much sharper than some of the people on this board, and offering alternative plans/strategies, and even those did not listen. So, I am sort of in a head-space now where I will explain something once, or maybe twice, offer a suggestion or two,  but if people ignore this, that is on them.  And I have grown passive about watching people and organizations fall into holes of their own choosing.  I guess that sounds callous, but I have to figure out the best way to spend my limited time. And at this point, I prefer to find those who can see the futures, who want to work on the solutions for the futures, and who can do so without silliness or ego getting in the way.  Laugh!....there are not too many of these sorts of people around, and I spend a lot of time working alone!

The bottom line is that the world is changing radically, and what we see here with this WikiLeaks bit is just a very very small and not even that significant a challenge compared to what is coming. Learning how to adapt to things like this as quickly as possible will make the difference between being able to thrive in the future, or not.

I am off to engage in the holiday now, and I wish everyone a wonderful season in whatever form you are celebrating it :-)  Read you soon.....

Best wishes!

Best wishes!

Oh, and I need to correct an error is something I wrote above.
The self-appointed online hacking folks who launched "Operation Payback," did so after Visa, PayPal, etc. cut off WikLeaks from using these services to collect funds--not after Assange was arrested, as I wrote above. Apologies.

Assange is a hacker and comes out of the hacker sub-culture, but the info he released was received from organization insiders who stole and gave it to him.  Cheers!

The self-appointed online hacking folks who launched "Operation Payback," did so after Visa, PayPal, etc. cut off WikLeaks from using these services to collect funds--not after Assange was arrested, as I wrote above. Apologies.

Assange is a hacker and comes out of the hacker sub-culture, but the info he released was received from organization insiders who stole and gave it to him.  Cheers!

awesome! thank you for this info...again and as usual, very helpful...

[quote name='shirley2010 wrote:

edgeforpeace']

Thank you for this Edgeforpeace. I hadn't even heard about this man until you posted this. Just goes to show what an amazing tool for good the internet can be. xoxsmile.gif We are not ignorant we are uninformed. It only takes a few seconds of your internet time to vote people.smile.gif

Don't know about you Edge for Peace but personally I was naively thinking I was helping Amnesty International. Did you realize you would start an all out cyber war - crikey you leave the Zoo for a couple of weeks and look what happens. I'll be sure to NOT sign any cyber petitions in future after all wouldn't want to offend anybody with my stupidity. Must do homework in future.frown.gif Merry Xmas Everybody obviously WAR is NOT over and never will be! Especially while you are all continuing to add fuel to the flames why don't you all back off now and stop giving this thread the cyberpublicity it obviously craves :-(

Yeah I should've clarified what I meant when mentioned the hacking of Visa, MC, Paypal, etc.  It was actually people who were defending Asssange, his lemmings.  They threatened to do that if Assange was arrested, which he eventually was. Also when Wikileaks was cutoff from websites.

[quote name='shirley2010 wrote:

shirley2010 wrote:

edgeforpeace']

Thank you for this Edgeforpeace. I hadn't even heard about this man until you posted this. Just goes to show what an amazing tool for good the internet can be. xox
smile.gif
We are not ignorant we are uninformed. It only takes a few seconds of your internet time to vote people.
smile.gif

Don't know about you Edge for Peace but personally I was naively thinking I was helping Amnesty International. Did you realize you would start an all out cyber war - crikey you leave the Zoo for a couple of weeks and look what happens. I'll be sure to NOT sign any cyber petitions in future after all wouldn't want to offend anybody with my stupidity. Must do homework in future.frown.gif Merry Xmas Everybody obviously WAR is NOT over and never will be! Especially while you are all continuing to add fuel to the flames why don't you all back off now and stop giving this thread the cyberpublicity it obviously craves :-(

I don't see anyone having a cyber war here or fueling of flames. I see clarification being administered, not knee jerk reactions, except for my one earlier on.  That came about because it was just beginning to happen and I was/am pissed off with this Assange. Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions and if people want to continue a conversation, they're entitled to.  If you don't like certain threads, then don't bother with them, ignore them. Edgeforpeace could've come back and defended his/her position but chose not too.  Nothing wrong with differences of opinions and good dialogue back and forth. I've been on artists boards that actually have a subforum for discussions like this or anything political, which is nice and keeps that sort of stuff away from the lighter side of the boards.

i will not back down.

surrenders, sia and i are americans, and this is a very serious issue for us.

we are enjoying a good dialog with eachother here...

and that is what the general forum is for...general stuff..away from the band stuff.

so you want us to just shut up already and go away?

oh dear.

dont feel bad, please.

no one here is putting you down personally.

my statement was that only ignorant fools, or uninformed, and unwise people would support endangering the lives of innocent people.

this has nothing to do with you, shirley as you dont support the murdering of innocents, as you are a very loving person, indeed.

to clarify, ignorance simply means the lack of knowlegde regarding an issue. and a lack of knowledge can be remedied.

our points are explained and supported by the articles being posted so kindly by sia.

not once has anyone called a zootop stupid, a word btw, which i think would be inappropriate in this regard.

educating ones self is a permanent solution to ignorance.

but my point is, to ask me to back off of taking a protective stand for my country ?

no. never.

Semper fi

I would just like to say that my consternation extends beyond just concern for the U.S.  I like my country, but I am not really a wrap-me-in-the-flag nationalist.  I cannot help but to consider nearly everything within a global context.

As I have already said a number of times,  the amount of damage caused by this affair was mostly caused to non-US citizens and  to other governments.  

While the US might have been the target, and while we have suffered some loss and our work around the world has been made more difficult, we are not the ones who actually took the biggest hit.  

Hope anyone celebrating is enjoying Christmas!

I would just like to say that my consternation extends beyond just concern for the U.S.  I like my country, but I am not really a wrap-me-in-the-flag nationalist.  I cannot help but to consider nearly everything within a global context.

As I have already said a number of times,  the amount of damage caused by this affair was mostly caused to non-US citizens and  to other governments.  

While the US might have been the target, and while we have suffered some loss and our work around the world has been made more difficult, we are not the ones who actually took the biggest hit.  

Sia I recently briefly saw an article on a front page of a newspaper about the soldier who supplied Assange with a lot of his information and is being held prisoner now. What do you think of the people who have actually supplied all the information that has been leaked? It seems they are the ones who have put the bullets in the guns.tired.gif

Sia I recently briefly saw an article on a front page of a newspaper about the soldier who supplied Assange with a lot of his information and is being held prisoner now. What do you think of the people who have actually supplied all the information that has been leaked? It seems they are the ones who have put the bullets in the guns.tired.gif
that is a great question shirley!

sia, i am a member of the global community and anyone who know me knows Im all about love and community.

Im simply someone who wants to protect my own from harm, same as most people.

so naturally, that extends out to all people of the world.

I associate the term "wrapped-in-the-flag" with nationalism, which I abhor.

i dont think our country is better than any other, as a nationalist believes.....

I just want some peace on earth.

Smile....little pieces of sh_ite.

email_wplogo_175x32.gif

Posted at 9:44 AM ET, 01/27/2011

Police: Five Anonymous hacking group members arrested in Britain

By Hayley Tsukayama

Police in the United Kingdom have arrested five men in connection with the Anonymous hacking group, largely credited for denial of service attacks carried out in support of WikiLeaks and its editor Julian Assange.

London's Metropolitan Police Service issued a statement saying that it had arrested five males, ranging in age from 15-26, in connection with "in relation to recent and ongoing 'distributed denial of service' attacks (DDoS) by an online group calling themselves 'Anonymous.'" Of those arrested, two are under the age of 18 and three are teenagers.

Anonymous is the group of "hacktivists" that has taken credit for attacks against companies such as Amazon and PayPal in support of Assange and WikiLeaks after the Web site leaked thousands of U.S. State Department cables.

The release said all five men were being held in police custody and that the arrests are part of an ongoing investigation, "being carried out in conjunction with international law enforcement agencies in Europe and the U.S."

Dutch authorities have already arrested a 16-year-old male in connection with Anonymous, who reportedly admitted being involved in attacks against credit card companies.

By Hayley Tsukayama  | January 27, 2011; 9:44 AM ET 

email_wplogo_175x32.gif

By Hayley Tsukayama

Police in the United Kingdom have arrested five men in connection with the Anonymous hacking group, largely credited for denial of service attacks carried out in support of WikiLeaks and its editor Julian Assange.

London's Metropolitan Police Service issued a statement saying that it had arrested five males, ranging in age from 15-26, in connection with "in relation to recent and ongoing 'distributed denial of service' attacks (DDoS) by an online group calling themselves 'Anonymous.'" Of those arrested, two are under the age of 18 and three are teenagers.

Anonymous is the group of "hacktivists" that has taken credit for attacks against companies such as Amazon and PayPal in support of Assange and WikiLeaks after the Web site leaked thousands of U.S. State Department cables.

The release said all five men were being held in police custody and that the arrests are part of an ongoing investigation, "being carried out in conjunction with international law enforcement agencies in Europe and the U.S."

Dutch authorities have already arrested a 16-year-old male in connection with Anonymous, who reportedly admitted being involved in attacks against credit card companies.

email_wplogo_175x32.gif

By Hayley Tsukayama

I've never read as much biased shite in my 10 years on U2.com. Well done.