Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Voxare

On stage with Bono

[quote name='Nancy_Hanks wrote:

Voxare']Just got a new video that an awesome new friend sent to me. Thought I would share it. I am so lucky to have all these mementos - U2 fans are awesome!

I watched closely this time to see if I could tell if your heart was racing or if you were close to hyperventilating (I would have fainted!), but you look like you know just what you're doing. Even kept your knee up to act as Bono's pillow. I love the stolen glimpse you take of him when your attention should be on the astronaut.Lol - no hyperventilating. I felt really calm but I think that was just shock. I came off the stage and the guys around me looked at my hands going 'you're not even shaking' - definately shock! I start shaking now just when I tell people about it :)

I don't want to seem like I'm bragging - I've been asked to share my story and I would love to.

To tell the full story (and show just how lucky it was that I was even there) I should start when the Aussie tour dates were first announced and I knew I would see them in Melbourne but I really wanted to go to Perth as well and desperately tried to convince friends to come with me but no one was willing to spend that kind of money so I tried to be content with just the two Melbourne shows.

I had Red Zone for the first Melbourne show and I was so excited because I hadn't seen the boys since their last show in Melbourne in 2006. The show was awesome - highlight for me was Mercy which I had never listened to before.

Second Melbourne show I was supposed to be lining up early with a friend because I wanted to get as close to the front as possible. My friend told me at 10pm the night before that she didn't want to line up anymore. I was really nervous about going to a concert by myself but in the end I decided it would be worth it once I was in the stadium so close to the band that I loved. By doing this I found out just how awesome U2 fans are (something which I had suspected for a while!) people were so friendly and welcoming and it was better being on my own because I am normally a pretty shy person but being on my own forced me to talk to new people and I had a great day and a great concert (managed to get on the barrier around Adam's side - my first time ever on a barrier and it was the so much fun!!). I also remember seeing the girls he pulled up on stage and thinking - he always picks the really good looking girls - I wish I was georgeous South American just so he would pick me :)

Walking out of that concert it was already in my head that I couldn't wait another 4 (at least) years until the boys came back to see them again. Since I'd had such a great experience in the GA line on my own I decided that I could do the Perth shows on my own. So the next day I went a bought tickets, flights and accommodation (which my friends and family thought was a bit insane) and started counting down to Perth!!

My GA line up experience in Perth was even better than in Melbourne. I met so many amazing people, got to help out with the numbering system in the line which was again good for me with my shyness because it meant I had to talk to all the newcomers to the line. I was number 18 in line and I remember that slight nervous feeling before the gates opened thinking 'I hope I get where I want, I hope lots of people don't run past me on the way in'. I needn't have worried. The security did an awesome job, I got in the the centre on the front rail. Right in front of Bono. I remember standing there just after we got in thinking - it was all worth it to get this spot! The guys were looking around trying to figure out who would get pulled up on stage because he normally chose from a bit to the left and I was thinking how amazing that would be to be that girl.

The show started - it was amazing - Bono was right in front of me - felt like he was singing to me all the time. We were going crazy on the barrier having so much fun. I still haven't found what I'm looking for was amazing with everyone singing it. I heard North Star live for the first time. Pride was going off!! And we got all of this with Bono right in front of us. And then he started singing In A Little While and he came over to us and he reached down towards me and I was reaching back. In was standing there thinking this is so amazing - he's singing to me - and I was waiting until he would move off down the line and chose who he was going to pull up. But he stayed there, staring straight at me, almost teasing me with the lyrics 'In a little while...'

And then he signalled for me to come up. I think I surprised security at how quickly I jumped the barrier before that had a chance to pull me over and the guys around me were laughing later about how quickly I ran up those stairs. And then I was on stage and Bono was there and I think I was just in shock - it didn't feel real! And in my head I'm thinking 'don't do anything stupid - just play it cool!'

He sat me down and he put his head in my lap and he stared straight at me while he was singing. I remember seeing other girls up on stage and thinking it would be awesome to get up there and see what the crowd looks like from up there but I still have no idea because I couldn't take my eyes away from Bono. I found out later that Adam had been standing right near us when I was sitting down but I never even noticed. I was staring straight and Bono and smiling so much my face was shaking. And then he sat up, still staring straight into my eyes and held the mike over to me and (this is how I'm going to put it anyway) I sang a duet with Bono for those few seconds. He held the mike over for me to sing the refrain the first time and after I sang it he looked at me thoughtfully and said 'wow' and held the mike out to me again. I remember thinking to myself 'I thought I was a terrible singer but if you don't think so then that's cool'.

Then he took my hand and led me over to the bridge and I could hear the crowd yelling but I still couldn't take my eyes off Bono. He pulled me over to dance with him and I thought I could stay like that for hours he felt so comfortable! And then he turned me around to watch the screen for the space station and I was thinking 'I've already seen this, I want to watch you Bono'. One of the guys from the crowd laughed at me later because he saw me snatch a look at Bono while I was suppoed to be watching the screen - I just couldn't help myself smile.gif.

Then he asked my name and kissed my hand and sent me on my way and I was in such a state of shock I think it took me about four songs to actually start paying attention again. I didn't notice this because I was on my way back off the stage but I was told and then saw the video later - he changed the lyric from 'A man dreams one day to fly' to 'Emily dreams one day to fly' - how could I miss that!

Then when I was back in the crowd, still in shock, all the guys around me were trying to show me the awesome pictures and video they took for me and other people in the crowd had to turn me around because Bono was singing Miss Sarajevo to me and I hadn't noticed!!

I spent the rest of the night in a daze with the biggest grin on my face and both Bono and Adam came over and looked at me and laughed. When they were leaving after Walk On Bono blew me a kiss and after Moment of Surrender he waved down to me again.

I think I'm still floating on air. When I first got down I was stanidng there thinking - I'm not sure if that was just real or if I just imagined it - I mean - I have imagined that a lot and it seemed really unlikely that it had actually happened. I'm glad that people have photos and video because otherwise I don't think I would believe it really happened.

On my way out of the stadium I was on my own and had to walk half way around, against the crowd, to get where I wanted to go. I discovered that 60000 people now knew me by name (and probably recognised me by the goofy grin that was still plastered on my face). The next day in the GA line was fantastic as I ran into all these people who had taken photo and video for me and were willing to send it to me. Once again I am struck by how awesome U2 fans are. All the people around me in the concert and that I met later were just so happy and excited for me - it made me feel fantastic.

So - that's my story - so if I waffled on - I am working on about 6 hours sleep over 3 days and currently waiting for an 11pm flight home before I can get any sleep so my brain might not be working as well as it should.

Thankyou again to all the awesome fans out there who I met over the last few days. I really hope to see you again in another line for another concert...

thudd.jpg

happycry.gif

BONO PICKED ONE OF HIS DAISIES

thudd.jpg

Dreams DO come TRUE

(((((VOXIE))))) 

I'm speechless ... and that doesn't happen often ....

How beautiful story!!! I feel so happy, happy, happy ... as if I were the one who lived it!!!

I still remember when you first came up to the zoo happycry.gif ... and you are beautiful, inside and out and I'm sure Bono saw that.

AWESOME STORY, YOU ARE A LUCKY, LUCKY DAISY!!!!!!!!

Much love to you xoxoxoxoxo

f598a656.gif

(((Cam))) - thankyou - it was such an amazing night!!! Don't know how Bono knew I was one of his daisies - must have just had that look about me wink.gif.  Still can't believe I was so lucky!

I think you will have a very happy 2011 Voxare, that incredible experience will keep you floating on cloud nine for a  very long time - it's The Bono Effect and you've had a very high dose of it LOL!! happy.gif

I think you will have a very happy 2011 Voxare, that incredible experience will keep you floating on cloud nine for a  very long time - it's The Bono Effect and you've had a very high dose of it LOL!! happy.gif

Lol - very true. No matter what happens this year I always have my happy place to go back to - the Bono effect indeed!

(((Cam))) - thankyou - it was such an amazing night!!! Don't know how Bono knew I was one of his daisies - must have just had that look about me wink.gif.  Still can't believe I was so lucky!
=} ((((Voxie)))) I read your story again ... ='}  sooo happy for you .... it was the "big prize" for all the things you had to endure I guess ... cosmic karma darling thudd.jpg

O.M.G. !!!!!! A.M.A.Z.I.N.G !!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO roll.gif!!!!!!

[quote name='Camucha wrote:

Voxare']

thudd.jpg

thudd.jpg

thudd.jpg

thudd.jpg

thudd.jpg

*excuse me while I keep on fainting*

thudd.jpg

*one more time*

thudd.jpg
So glad for you. I know you will always remember that. I just love that 3rd pic...just look at the way he's looking at you tongue.gif I love that look. I know I would melt if he looked at me like that.tongue.gif

Finally got to read your account of the night... Fabulous story.. I was there and you looked so happy! happy.gif Great memories..And very brave!

I think Vox's new avi pic is the best anyone could wish for!roll.gif

[quote name='Nancy_Hanks wrote:

Voxare']Just got a new video that an awesome new friend sent to me. Thought I would share it. I am so lucky to have all these mementos - U2 fans are awesome!

I watched closely this time to see if I could tell if your heart was racing or if you were close to hyperventilating (I would have fainted!), but you look like you know just what you're doing. Even kept your knee up to act as Bono's pillow. I love the stolen glimpse you take of him when your attention should be on the astronaut.now now ... not looking at our Belgian astronaut there ... it's only the second one we've had here in our little country !

no no , seriously, who would want to look at Frank De Winne at a time like that ... ? roll.gif

Love your story, enjoyed it from beginning to end !

And again ... he picked a truly beautiful girl from the crowd !

What a great story, Emily! I'd love to be that girl who gets pulled up on stage someday, but it'll be a long time before I can afford RZ and by then I'll probably be way too old to catch Bono's eye!! LOL! That'll be something you'll remember for the rest of your life... good for you!!

Hi  Airwalk74 My name is Rose and my son was up there. Their names are Thalys and April.. Unfortunately his name is a little bit tricky to understand so on the U2website they said his name was Elvis hahahaha

We're big fans of U2 and wanted to show Thalys how great they are that's why we brought him and we were so happy to see him up on stage... Hope this answers your question.. Have a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year

Hey Rose....i got some shots of your kids...they were so sweet. The pics are a bit blurry with all the wind etc but if you want me to post them in here so you can save them, let me know :)

Emily...your reaction was priceless and you definitely win the gold medal for fastest barrier leap ever....very impressive :) You can feel your excitement in your story and it's always brilliant to see a great fan have a very special moment. The photos and vids are fantastic - a moment you will treasure forever and remember like it just happened....even in 5, 10, 15, 20 years!

[quote name='Camucha wrote:

Voxare'](((Cam))) - thankyou - it was such an amazing night!!! Don't know how Bono knew I was one of his daisies - must have just had that look about me
wink.gif
.  Still can't believe I was so lucky!

=} ((((Voxie)))) I read your story again ... ='}  sooo happy for you .... it was the "big prize" for all the things you had to endure I guess ... cosmic karma darling thudd.jpg

O.M.G. !!!!!! A.M.A.Z.I.N.G !!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO roll.gif!!!!!!
Haha - daisy tattoos in my eyes for sure!

[quote name='BonosLady1 wrote:

Camucha wrote:

Voxare']

thudd.jpg

thudd.jpg

thudd.jpg

thudd.jpg

thudd.jpg

*excuse me while I keep on fainting*

thudd.jpg

*one more time*

thudd.jpg
So glad for you. I know you will always remember that. I just love that 3rd pic...just look at the way he's looking at you tongue.gif I love that look. I know I would melt if he looked at me like that.tongue.gif

Haha - I know - there was a lot of strong eye contact going on - definitely enough to make me melt!

Finally got to read your account of the night... Fabulous story.. I was there and you looked so happy! happy.gif Great memories..And very brave!

Thanks Sal smile.gif

[quote name='jojes wrote:

Nancy_Hanks wrote:

I watched closely this time to see if I could tell if your heart was racing or if you were close to hyperventilating (I would have fainted!), but you look like you know just what you're doing. Even kept your knee up to act as Bono's pillow. I love the stolen glimpse you take of him when your attention should be on the astronaut.
now now ... not�looking at our Belgian astronaut there ...�it's only the second one we've had here in our little country !

no no�, seriously, who would want to look at Frank De Winne at a time like that ... ? roll.gif

Love your story, enjoyed it from�beginning to end !

And again ... he picked a truly beautiful girl from the crowd !

��

Lol - I watched him every other night - I promise! smile.gif

What a great story, Emily! I'd love to be that girl who gets pulled up on stage someday, but it'll be a long time before I can afford RZ and by then I'll probably be way too old to catch Bono's eye!! LOL! That'll be something you'll remember for the rest of your life... good for you!!
LinneaS - I wasn't in RZ - I was at the front of the GA - getting there is more about being willing to line up than being able to afford it :)

Emily...your reaction was priceless and you definitely win the gold medal for fastest barrier leap ever....very impressive :) You can feel your excitement in your story and it's always brilliant to see a great fan have a very special moment. The photos and vids are fantastic - a moment you will treasure forever and remember like it just happened....even in 5, 10, 15, 20 years!

Thanks :) - I will definitely be treasuring that moment forever!

I just read this and your story is absolutely amazing! I couldn't help but keep smiling and cheer for you while reading!! It must have been so incredible and breathtaking! I am so happy for you and thank you for sharing such a great story, it really made my day :) <3