Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kristaps

MANUAL: Images in signatures

On the forum my Editor type is Quick Reply, so you MIGHT have to change it to that one before proceeding further.

Help with using images in your signatures.

SO, if you are having problems with adding images to your signatures, please follow these instructions.

You'll need:

a) a Photobucket account or a direct link to the image(s) you would like to use;

B) an account with U2.com.

So, where do we start?

Simply go to Community > My Home > Forum Settings > Forum Signature. Click "create new signature"

On the page that opens, enter the name of your signature (in this case it's Testing 123) and in the below two fields enter BBcode (top field) and HTML(bottom field) tags for images. See picture below for ilustration:

Instead of URL_TO_THE_IMAGE_YOU_WOULD_LIKE_TO_US you should use the Url address of the image of your desires. To find it out eitherright-click on the image and then choose Properties > Address (URL), or, if you are using Photobucket, simply copy direct link (as below):

When you have added the images, click on SAVE. On the page that opens check the box next to your newly created Signature and click SAVE. This way you will makeit as your new default signature and it will be assigned to every posts you make.

I hope this helps,

Kristaps!

P.S.: As far as I've noticed, flash is not supported at the moment, or I just haven't found how to put it.

If you're posting HTML code, you may try clicking a little HTML buttont next to the spellcheck ;) (isn't shown on my pics).

And to fancy flash movies like we had before :(

Thanks Kristaps!! It finally worked. I would have never been able to do it without your instructions. Thanks again! JG

it's a thing of beauty :D

now same with the smiles, make sure you use the real reply and not the quick reply

izzy you are a genius!!! i just have to make the sig pic smaller, but thank you so much!! i can't tell you how long i have been at this tonight. also, ihave to use firefox now to get on here, because safari wasn't working with this for some reason. i have a mac computer. anyway, thank you again!image

because on firefox the box with all the thingys shows up to change text, smilies etc, but the sig pic is scrunched. yet on safari, the sig pic looks fine, butthe thingys box is missing and i can't click on the smilies cause they are missing.

i guess this is a job for tech support!image

I don't have firefox :) sorry I am doing 15 things at once lol, flash just had an upgrade to flash 10, yesterday there was a quicktime upgrade need tocheck you have both of those, everything works for me so I suspect something is missing on your harddrive