Sign in to follow this  
hnicolaidesk

The Blue Room

Same here, jeans, jumper(!) and socks! It's not right in August!! 

Milk no sugar please, thanx.  Hobnobs or chocie digestives? Think I may have some jaffa cakes at the back of the cupboard too

I'm kinda working but I'm bored and easily distracted, bit restless

Yeah... near the end of your day...

I understand distraction...

Here's the sugar, help yourself... I've got choco digestives too..

cheers m'dear. What you up to today?

I've been out of work since the end of last November... it was fun for a while... certainly during the tour it made staying up to all hours and playing here easy... but now, September is coming... my youngest will be away to university along with his elder brother - so that's it... two boys out of the house - I can't sit here unemployed needed to find work.

Thankfully was offered a job recently - I begin next week... so I'll be absent from here, until much later in the evenings. I hope all of you will be stepping in for me when you can... keep the place open... and lively... wink.gif

cheers m'dear. What you up to today?

A few chores around the house...

And I've been working on a task for a local charity... doing some Excel spreadsheet, data entry type stuff for them.

I have skills - such as they are - so I like to volunteer when and as I can... I may have out-turned pockets, but there are ways I can help... until I'm working again... time is what I have to share. smile.gif

That's great, always a bit daunting when you start a new job, change of routine and all but that's really good news. And of course will keep the place ticking over so you have nice postings to come back to each dayhappy.gif

on that note s'pose I'd betta get back to trying to achieve something today lol.  Thanks for the cuppa and biscuits, see ya later x

on that note s'pose I'd betta get back to trying to achieve something today lol.  Thanks for the cuppa and biscuits, see ya later x

Cheers Hunny

Thanks for your company and encouragement.. I'm looking forward to being back in a groove...

I'm much better in a crowd than a solo act... laugh.gif ... though being alone has its own joys.

[quote name='hnicolaidesk wrote:

Anjana']cheers m'dear. What you up to today?

And I've been working on a task for a local charity... doing some Excel spreadsheet, data entry type stuff for them.

I have skills - such as they are - so I like to volunteer when and as I can... I may have out-turned pockets, but there are ways I can help... until I'm working again... time is what I have to share. smile.gif

Good on ya Helen, it's good you are using your skills to help others. My skills revolve around a little white golf ball. Maybe one day.

[quote name='cash0012 wrote:

hnicolaidesk wrote:

Anjana']cheers m'dear. What you up to today?

I have skills - such as they are - so I like to volunteer when and as I can... I may have out-turned pockets, but there are ways I can help... until I'm working again... time is what I have to share.
smile.gif

Good on ya Helen, it's good you are using your skills to help others. My skills revolve around a little white golf ball. Maybe one day.

A woman of leisure or on holidays, hunny?

[quote name=hnicolaidesk wrote:

cash0012 wrote:
hnicolaidesk]

I have skills - such as they are - so I like to volunteer when and as I can... I may have out-turned pockets, but there are ways I can help... until I'm working again... time is what I have to share. laugh.gif

I thought Zhiv only had eyes for one mango... now I understand... she wants them all! Well no fair. One must share.

Morning ladies. Cuppa for me... anyone else?

Jen - glad we could bring a smile to your face at the end of a work day.

Mich - he's likely 20 or so... the hair is circa Boy or October - wouldn't you say?

He is...it's just that pic.....maybe if I were younger, but it just feels wrong, especially where my eyes gravitate to. embarassed.gif

[quote name='mich40 wrote:

hnicolaidesk']I thought Zhiv only had eyes for one mango... now I understand... she wants them all! Well no fair. One must share.

Morning ladies. Cuppa for me... anyone else?

Jen - glad we could bring a smile to your face at the end of a work day.

Mich - he's likely 20 or so... the hair is circa Boy or October - wouldn't you say?

He is...it's just that pic.....maybe if I were younger, but it just feels wrong, especially where my eyes gravitate to. embarassed.gif

We are only human...

[quote name=hnicolaidesk wrote:

cash0012 wrote:
hnicolaidesk]

I have skills - such as they are - so I like to volunteer when and as I can... I may have out-turned pockets, but there are ways I can help... until I'm working again... time is what I have to share. tongue.gif.

helllooooooo? hellllllloooooo? anyone out there?

Ummmm, midweek, I think everyone must have stayed in.

Having a pint of beer and nobody to talk too, will have to read the paper !!! or find a good tune on the juke box.

Ummmm, midweek, I think everyone must have stayed in.

Having a pint of beer and nobody to talk too, will have to read the paper !!! or find a good tune on the juke box.

Hey Maggie must be just sad news in the paper. Looking at going to a Arcade Fire gig in september, tickets are tomorrow, pre sale today with no luck. I've never gone to see anyone else than U2. AF where brilliant in Moncton.

I see Anj and Cash in the corner, wonder if they are trying to ignore me..

Maggie dahlin' I would never ignore you. I was in for a while but answering was PM's so didn't make it back this way before dins. Sorry you were on your tod in here.

*offers pint of apology*

Is Bonbon competing with La la in the mango department (and why do I always look there!tongue.gif)

Need a very large glass of wine now to calm me down.....

What's happened Maggie, you ok m'dear?