Sign in to follow this  
hnicolaidesk

The Blue Room

Hi anjana!

I wasn't much of a chatter when I became a subscriber about 3 years ago and I've just begun to contribute a bit over the last few months. A few days ago I stumbled upon "Cleary's Pub" here in the zoo, run by redandwhitepebble. Seems it must have gone on for quite a while. There you can do exactly just what you suggested - walk in, pull up a chair, nod to everyone, have a beer, and chat. Plus you can add your country flag on the virtual wall... Maybe u wanna go have a look around for yourself.

But it's nice to have few locals to mill about, too.

As for a name for this thread... hm... I quite like the idea of "The Blue Room". Sounds cool. And I love the pun ones.

Don't have any suggestions yet. I picture a neon sign at a real location and try to think of names that attract passers-by to come in. The name is still kind of blurred, but the night is but young... ;-)

I didn't realize there was a virtual pub here... and I've been here daily for months... I'm sure I would have noticed it...

Hope Red and White doesn't mind... I'm not trying to compete ... just offering up an idea..... offering up a meet and greet.

[quote name='hnicolaidesk wrote:

gracenote']Hi anjana!

I wasn't much of a chatter when I became a subscriber about 3 years ago and I've just begun to contribute a bit over the last few months. A few days ago I stumbled upon
"Cleary's Pub"
here in the zoo, run by redandwhitepebble. Seems it must have gone on for quite a while. There you can do exactly just what you suggested - walk in, pull up a chair, nod to everyone, have a beer, and chat. Plus you can add your country flag on the virtual wall... Maybe u wanna go have a look around for yourself.

But it's nice to have few locals to mill about, too.

As for a name for this thread... hm... I quite like the idea of "The Blue Room". Sounds cool. And I love the pun ones.

Don't have any suggestions yet. I picture a neon sign at a real location and try to think of names that attract passers-by to come in. The name is still kind of blurred, but the night is but young... ;-)

I didn't realize there was a virtual pub here... and I've been here daily for months... I'm sure I would have noticed it...

Hope Red and White doesn't mind... I'm not trying to compete ... just offering up an idea..... offering up a meet and greet.

The virtual pub that Pebs started is down in the Larry folder. Open to all, but I think mostly a LaLa joint. 

That's just plain disturbing Spicy!! Think Edge is enjoying it, very into the role there. The way Larry has spread his legs, so funny...I'd secretly love to sit like that as a woman, it'd be refreshing LOL (literally breezyblockquote>Thattongue.gif

[quote name='jbarnych wrote:

Anjana']That's just plain disturbing Spicy!! Think Edge is enjoying it, very into the role there. The way Larry has spread his legs, so funny...I'd secretly love to sit like that as a woman, it'd be refreshing LOL (literally breezy
indent]Thattongue.gif

Verrrry
pretty indeed, whether in a fitted shirt or a dress!! That's quite an achievement I feel!

but I think mostly a LaLa joint. 

roll.gif

sick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gif  I didn't know there was a LaLa joint, how could I be so remiss, I must venture downstairs more!

[quote name='Anjana wrote:

jbarnych']

roll.gif

sick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gif  I didn't know there was a LaLa joint, how could I be so remiss, I must venture downstairs more!

See I never go into those sub forum threads... for no other reason than there's just too many threads on occasion... but that's just me...

Jen good to see you.. smile.gif

It feels like it should be a show night... we had one Saturday, today is Wednesday... that'd be about right...

Come about 8:30 my time... I'm going to start getting all fidgety and wondering what the hell to do... shite.

Kicking heroin would be easier. Okay... maybe not, but you understand.

U2 Love is the drug and I need to score... smile.gif

Miracle Drugwink.gif

when I get fidgety tonight I'm gonna watch the vid Spicy posted earlier that'll keep me quiet for an hour
then I can dip into all those youtube vids you posted!

I need a fix for those withdrawal symptoms I've been having!

I've just watched Spicy's video - very good - I enjoyed it.

I watched it in a separate YouTube tab and kept the Zoo open too, so I could make notes and reply as I went along.. laugh.gif

Have to create a few more 'whole concert' threads... they're fun and will hopefully act as healing rains during this time of U2 drought. <---- See - I have a poetic side... nice, eh? laugh.gif

Miracle Drugwink.gif

when I get fidgety tonight I'm gonna watch the vid Spicy posted earlier that'll keep me quiet for an hour
then I can dip into all those youtube vids you posted!

I need a fix for those withdrawal symptoms I've been having!
Ooh...must watch this when I get home tonight. 

clap.gif

We got pinned... (not to be confused with a pinny ;) Cool.

To celebrate - I'm buying this round.. who's in? smile.gif

you just got "stuck" or "stickied"

glad peeps like the video...

it was very interesting..

anjana...i dont mind at all if you use the picture, but I cant think of funny captions for the life of me..

but

just wait till basher or mickjames get a hold of it....!

you just got "stuck" or "stickied"

glad peeps like the video...

it was very interesting..

anjana...i dont mind at all if you use the picture, but I cant think of funny captions for the life of me..

but

just wait till basher or mickjames get a hold of it....!

I hope they do! laugh.gif

I'm happy to be 'stickied' Spicy... means somebody noticed and liked it. smile.gif

Well once again - the U2 camp is disenchanted... seems a good day to take a break from the debate.

It's a sunny day... Elbow and I are going for a walk.  xx

Helen, I think this a great idea! But sadly, I don't work for them to tell them this is a great idea. :-(

You reminded me how much I miss a certain feature of the old Vertigo Zoo. When people were online and didn't have themselves in "private mode" you could see exactly what folder/thread they were in. It was so much easier to "chat" without a chat room per se.

Here's the thing... unless I'm mistaken... there is no thread where one can come and simply have a good chin wag with whoever is around... If I'm online and looking about, and I see that my friends are online and I want to say "Hi"... this is the place to come and do that...and with the Live threads done with for this tour.. we need somewhere to go ... where Tiz can serve us a lovely breakfast, or Max can post amusing Tweets or whatever... you see?

I was very involved in some forums years ago (a celebrity chef) ...and while there ... there was a massive debate regarding farmed vs wild salmon ... out of that debate a thread was created called The Salmon Arms ... this was our refuge from the silly debate... this became our "chat thread"... no specific topic... just chatter...

So that's the history - the reason behind creating this thread - however we need a good name for this thread.

I thought of "Prattle and Rum" ... but its not great... so I'm looking for ideas - your best ideas!

Once we find a name for our 'local' I'll edit the title of this thread to that new name...

What say ye?

We have the "Cafe Nude" at Adam's folder ... but it is full of cobwebs ... not many go there nowadays and there is a 'Pub' at Larry's "Cleary's" .... 

I like "The Blue Room" .... 

Hi all, just saying a quick helloooooo hello!!! Someone mentioned a place for talking and i love talking lol!

Hi all, just saying a quick helloooooo hello!!! Someone mentioned a place for talking and i love talking lol!

No?!

Go on... really?

xxxx

Welcome aboard, matey.

Share your best jokes, photos, videos - whatever you like... or just come and chat.

We have the "Cafe Nude" at Adam's folder ... but it is full of cobwebs ... not many go there nowadays and there is a 'Pub' at Larry's "Cleary's" .... 

Thanks Cam - we like it too. Welcome. Come in, have a seat - make yourself at home. smile.gif

Helen, I think this a great idea! But sadly, I don't work for them to tell them this is a great idea. :-(

You reminded me how much I miss a certain feature of the old Vertigo Zoo. When people were online and didn't have themselves in "private mode" you could see exactly what folder/thread they were in. It was so much easier to "chat" without a chat room per se.

Michelle - you just did. Thanks.

Can't speak of the old Vertigo Zoo... I was here then, but it made me dizzy... moved so fast.

I'd make a post...

I'd come back some hours later and a hundred pages would've happened... yikes.

I'm not wading through all that...it was alienating... rather than welcoming... for me... anyway.

I'm happy to see you here... post whatever you've got... or just say Good day... its all good. smile.gif

[quote name='hnicolaidesk wrote:

Camucha']We have the "Cafe Nude" at Adam's folder ... but it is full of cobwebs ... not many go there nowadays and there is a 'Pub' at Larry's "Cleary's" .... 

Thanks Cam - we like it too. Welcome. Come in, have a seat - make yourself at home. oklarry.jpg

[quote name='Camucha wrote:

hnicolaidesk wrote:

Camucha']We have the "Cafe Nude" at Adam's folder ... but it is full of cobwebs ... not many go there nowadays and there is a 'Pub' at Larry's "Cleary's" .... 

Thanks Cam - we like it too. Welcome. Come in, have a seat - make yourself at home. oklarry.jpg

Thanks for the invite to your Cafe... smile.gif

Yeah the box set chatter is a little much for me...I understand the frustration... but it can't be changed.

But venting is healthy... so vent away... bottom line is, if they want it... they'll pay for it.

I'm working on something too... and had better stop procrastinating... back at it... thanks for coming by... anytime!

[quote name='Camucha wrote:

hnicolaidesk wrote:

Camucha']

Cam, you just come on it to Cleary's and we'll talk to you.  In fact, anyone who is a paying member is welcome in Cleary's, if you can handle all the Larry talk.wink.gif

....anyone seen the prices for those boxset! feckin rip off they are! robbin' pirates!

Did someone say drinks, got no money for drinks it's all going towards some fly shades.