Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Redhead11

Young U2 Fans!!

How many we got here? 

We all know the true definition of young is ages 1-60. But let's turn the spotlight on the ones say....ages 10-24.

I bring this up, because I was watching a ton of U2 videos on youtube today, and people kept bring up:
 "Oh Justin Bieber...Oh Lady Gaga...Oh Rebecca Black....Blah Blah Blah. (some were even comparing U2's greatness to Justin Bieber!! laugh.gif) "Teens don't know shit about good music, let em listen to whatever crap they want. we know they don't listen to good music." Ouch.

WELL. Fine than mister. I'm always surprised to know how many young people do listen to U2. They're all over. Here, atu2, interference, etc.(did you notice how many families were at the 360 tour?) I just wish people wouldn't judge us. Some of us know good music! Part of the problem is that we aren't exposed to good music. Most of us have open minds, and if we were exposed to it, we'd say, "Yeah that's a great song!"

So if you are 10-24 or so, or know a passionate young U2 fan, or you just wanna share your take on this generation and music, let's share some stories here! 

I'm 22 and have been a fan of U2 for 3 years now. I've attended 2 of the 360 tour concerts and they were unlike any concerts I've ever been to. U2 is the best band of all time and no other band that I've heard quite measures up to U2. U2 rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm 15!

I went to Philly and I actually waited 10 hours in the GA line for Pittsburgh with my dad and 13 yr old sister.

U2 til i die!

Most of you know that I'm a teen too! I didn't like U2 at first....I was ignorant.

Now.....I'm addicted. Like seriously. My hobby is converting my friends to U2.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention...

U2 is the only band I've seen live. 

great , great , great to see the young fans!!!!!!!!! U2's music is timeless - it crosses so many demographic borders!!!

I've commented on this NUMEROUS times - SO AWESOME to see the FAMILIES at the gigs i've been at.

So glad to have you young people with us!!!!! See ya next tour!!!

I had a pair of extra tickets and my 19 year old and her 20 year old boyfriend went to the Baltimore concert. He is a U2 fan. Then we got last minute tickets to Pittsburgh. She had never been to a concert of that magnitude. My dd had been to Michael W. Smith and Point of Grace when she was in middle school. Then Fireflight, Skillet, 1000 Foot Crutch, and Switchfoot in high school. So her taste is good. She was in awe of U2 and loved it!!

I´m 17 going to 18 in a couple months, been a Fan since well Born I´m not kidding, they used to put me to sleep with U2 Music cause i didn´t want to sleep with the traditional baby music, and I remember when i was about two years old that I love to watch two movies U2 Live at Sidney and The Lion King, yep all day long i was watching either U2 or the lion king, my first concert was Popmart in December ´97,I really quite dont remember a lot from that concert maybe because i was 4 years old, except for the lemon, the first U2 CD I bougth was The best of 1990-2000, and well i guess love them so much cause of my family they are U2 fans also. And well it´s awesome to see other Young fans here!!

What a good thread this is, hello out there thumbsup.gif

Im 22 (20th of august 23) and I think Im a fan since the year 2000, I just got over my spice girls and backstreetboys music. Yeah really bad I know but cmon I was like 8, 9 10 years old. But my mum and dad used to play U2 al the time. So I did know who the where xD I did like them but I didnt put that much attention to it. But when I started to learn to play guitar that all changed very quickly :)

great , great , great to see the young fans!!!!!!!!! U2's music is timeless - it crosses so many demographic borders!!!

I've commented on this NUMEROUS times - SO AWESOME to see the FAMILIES at the gigs i've been at.

So glad to have you young people with us!!!!! See ya next tour!!!

Jim this thread is for 10-24 year old's. Get out of here ya old git!roll.gif

I've been a U2 fan since 12. I'm 15 (soon to be 16) and in my opinion the idea that teens only listen to 'shit music' is shit in itself. Redhead, do you think that guy who posted the comment about teens not knowing shit about good music counts me going to see Elbow with my family as listening to 'shit music'? Because I don't count it as that!

I myself am waaaay past my teens!LOL! But my son (in my pic beside me) is 18 and is a huge U2 fan and has been to last two tours with me.Was fun watching him in awe of his first concert during the Vertigo tour.smile.gif

I've been a U2 fan since 12. I'm 15 (soon to be 16) and in my opinion the idea that teens only listen to 'shit music' is shit in itself. Redhead, do you think that guy who posted the comment about teens not knowing shit about good music counts me going to see Elbow with my family as listening to 'shit music'? Because I don't count it as that!

IMO theres no such thing as "shit music" My pet hate is music snobs who think that the only music that is good is the music they like and all other music is shit. Its all about personal choice.

I am 18 and I became a fan after watching Rattle and Hum nearly 2 years ago. I was definitely not raised on U2; I discovered them on my own. I'd say 90% of the music that I listen to is older than I am! ;)

But it really bugs me when I hear old geezers (and sometimes not the older generations) say that this generation's music is crap. Times change, music changes. There may very well have been a golden age of music. But that doesn't mean that the music needs to stop!

I am 18 and I became a fan after watching Rattle and Hum nearly 2 years ago. I was definitely not raised on U2; I discovered them on my own. I'd say 90% of the music that I listen to is older than I am! ;)

But it really bugs me when I hear old geezers (and sometimes not the older generations) say that this generation's music is crap. Times change, music changes. There may very well have been a golden age of music. But that doesn't mean that the music needs to stop!

I consider myself a relatively "old "geezer and I can honestly say I appreciate most kinds of music,in fact I must confess to being a bit of a Trance addict/Techno head,I embarass my kids sometimes..LOL!..I must be one of few parents who get told to turn down the music by their kids!Love Tiesto,Van Buuren,anything that thumps really...louder the better!

Having been to a few U2 gigs,I am amazed at the range of ages of people at these gigs and hope it continues for a long time to come.smile.gif

[quote name='cathkel wrote:

peterferris8']I've been a U2 fan since 12. I'm 15 (soon to be 16) and in my opinion the idea that teens only listen to 'shit music' is shit in itself. Redhead, do you think that guy who posted the comment about teens not knowing shit about good music counts me going to see Elbow with my family as listening to 'shit music'? Because I don't count it as that!

IMO theres no such thing as "shit music" My pet hate is music snobs who think that the only music that is good is the music they like and all other music is shit. Its all about personal choice.

Yeah, I agree, I encountered one on this forum, who shot at me because I ranked Fightstar (a very underrated and under-exposed band) as my second-favourite band of all time. He shot at me because Fightstar haven't headlined Glastonbury sold millions of records worldwide, or sold out stadium around the world - such stupid and narrow-minded reasoning. It's the quality of the music that counts, and that's all.

wow!...so good to see the young yins!.......thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif The next Generation of u2 fans to keep thier music going when us Auld yins are kicking up the daises!...tongue.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Nice to see younger people using the forum and enjoying the music.

[quote name='johngee wrote:

peaceloveu2']I am 18 and I became a fan after watching Rattle and Hum nearly 2 years ago. I was definitely not raised on U2; I discovered them on my own. I'd say 90% of the music that I listen to is older than I am!
;)

I consider myself a relatively "old "geezer and I can honestly say I appreciate most kinds of music,in fact I must confess to being a bit of a Trance addict/Techno head,I embarass my kids sometimes..LOL!..I must be one of few parents who get told to turn down the music by their kids!Love Tiesto,Van Buuren,anything that thumps really...louder the better!

Having been to a few U2 gigs,I am amazed at the range of ages of people at these gigs and hope it continues for a long time to come.smile.gif

Hope ya shot him back roll.gif