Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Redhead11

Young U2 Fans!!

I am 15 and I've been listening U2 for as long as I can remember having a mp3. My brother is one year older than me and he started creating his music library before me when he was 12 and i was 11 and I was really small so I was asking him to put nice songs on a small 4gig mp3, which we had one each, so I could listen to music. All i can remember of u2 was wowy desire one, ishfwilf and in the name of love, but I knew I liked songs like that to listen :D:D 

One year ago I went on a u2 concert in my hometown, Athens and got the madness from there ;) I've gone to a number of concerts but I remember u2 like it was yesterday...can't wait for the next time they come :D
 and BTW here's a cool story: I went on a party two months ago and I met a friend of mine, a girl  from school, who listens only heavy metal and death metal  like sod slipknot children of bodom avenged sevenfold and stuff like that,  and we switched phones to see and listen to eachothers music and within this ocean of heavy metal songs a Magnificent popped up! haha :D:D I felt really happy, because there are people who actually appreciate u2 without being a fan like her who lsitens only to metal, and I mean only metal, but still, she was touched by magnificent...

all the young u2 fans........I SALUTE YOU!!!!

u2 crosses the generations........KICKING ASS ETERNALLY!!!!

I'm been a fan since I was about 9, and I'm 17 now, but I've only been a Zootopian for a few years. I've seen them live once (they hardly ever come to NZ), and I've got their albums and DVDs. And a few singles.

I wouldn't call myself obsessive, or a blind fan. For instance, there are newer bands that have overtaken U2 since NLOTH and HTDAAB (though not TJT or AB), such as Arcade Fire, Coldplay, and Elbow. For instance 'Viva La Vida Or Death And all His Friends', 'the Seldom Seen Kid' and 'Funeral', are higher on my playlist than NLOTH, or HTDAAB.

But Original Of The Species should be a classic

I don't really try to convert my friends, though I've converted one or two.

My dad hates Bono ;-)

My favourite album is either TJT or AB. Or ATYCLB. Or War.

I'm been a fan since I was about 9, and I'm 17 now, but I've only been a Zootopian for a few years. I've seen them live once (they hardly ever come to NZ), and I've got their albums and DVDs. And a few singles.

I wouldn't call myself obsessive, or a blind fan. For instance, there are newer bands that have overtaken U2 since NLOTH and HTDAAB (though not TJT or AB), such as Arcade Fire, Coldplay, and Elbow. For instance 'Viva La Vida Or Death And all His Friends', 'the Seldom Seen Kid' and 'Funeral', are higher on my playlist than NLOTH, or HTDAAB.

But Original Of The Species should be a classic

I don't really try to convert my friends, though I've converted one or two.

My dad hates Bono ;-)

My favourite album is either TJT or AB. Or ATYCLB. Or War.

Elbow are incredible, I saw them live last year. Arcade Fire are...okay. Coldplay? I think if you read my previous posts on them...

Hi everybody- I'm a newbie here and my name is Rachel. I'm 18 years-old and a massive U2 fan. Even before I was born, my Dad used to play U2 next to my Mum's baby bump and I would 'dance'.. From there, they've been a constant that I have only retrospectively noticed recently. My Dad would play me U2 all the time in the car as a child, and now I am rediscovering all of his favourites that I've grown up with, unknowingly. For me, they are one of the best bands on the planet, if not THE best, and I am so happy to see that there are some young people like myself who have a passion for good and honest music! Having seen them on one of they're first UK tours at the UEA LCR, my Dad thinks it's hilarious I'm now obsessed. My other big favourite are The Killers, and I'm an active member of their forums too, so I thought I'd pop in here and say hi! Also, I write my own music that is heavily influenced by both U2 and The Killers, so I'll post some info about that elsewhere if anyone is interested!

Thank you,

Rachel

Hidden

I've also grown up listening to U2, it was played in the car mostly. I only really became a fan about two years ago (this summer) and I have literally not listened to any band but U2 since. I'm crazy about them and it's true that they write music you can never get tired of, plus there's so much of it! And I like every album.

It started with Achtung Baby, The Joshua Tree and No Line. I could only remember Mysterious Ways (it's so catchy! It's alright, it's alright...). One day I wanted to listen to some new music (but not new new, I really dislike today's music) so I looked at what other music was on my ipod and saw U2, and remembered that a family member thought they were really good. So I listened and was like "What have I been thinking?! Why have I not listened to these guys?!" and so started my U2 obsession. Little by little more and more songs from those three albums were added to an all U2 playlist before I had to have more and now that playlist has grown to contain 140 different U2 songs. I wasn't even a big music fan until then, just a bookworm!

U2 is the only band I've ever seen in concert.

And I am usually sporting a pair of the latest Emporio Armani RED sunglasses ;)

A lot of my free time last spring and summer I even spent on YouTube (which I was formerly against), dedicating an entire channel (U2ube; sorry for copying, but it just fits) to U2... I claim it was because I was bored during my free time and couldn't find anything else to do but I actually wanted to hear and see as much U2 as possible. But I'm very busy now so I'm happy that I spent that time listening to U2, while I still could.

Redhead11: It's awesome that your friends are getting into U2! I wish I could be so lucky haha, I'm still pretty much alone, but that's okay.

It is nice to see that some younger people like U2, and not that only the now adult or older U2 fans are around, that U2 is still gaining fans from all over.

Thank you, U2, for your music, your work, and for just being who you are.

I'M 16 YEARS OLD! Already seen them live when I was 10 in Brussels, saw them 3 times now! Every time I meet someone new, I have to ask them. Do you know U2 (only the fact that in these days you have to ask if they even KNOW the greatest band ever makes me depressed) Most of them tell me: Of course I do, who doesn't know U2. Great! Next question: Do you like them? Then the most of them tell me: Sing me a song, I can't imagine of one right now. Everyday at least 3 songs are played on the radio. Some of them tell me they don't like U2, they won't be my friends, my girlfriend wouldn't be my girlfriend if she doesn't like U2 (fortunately she does). My parents introduced me to U2, but right now I'm a much bigger fan. (I saw them 3 times live, my parents only 1 time).

I'M 16 YEARS OLD! Already seen them live when I was 10 in Brussels, saw them 3 times now! Every time I meet someone new, I have to ask them. Do you know U2 (only the fact that in these days you have to ask if they even KNOW the greatest band ever makes me depressed) Most of them tell me: Of course I do, who doesn't know U2. Great! Next question: Do you like them? Then the most of them tell me: Sing me a song, I can't imagine of one right now. Everyday at least 3 songs are played on the radio. Some of them tell me they don't like U2, they won't be my friends, my girlfriend wouldn't be my girlfriend if she doesn't like U2 (fortunately she does). My parents introduced me to U2, but right now I'm a much bigger fan. (I saw them 3 times live, my parents only 1 time).

So when you got into them you were even younger than I was when I got into them (I was about 12)!

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

maarten']I'M 16 YEARS OLD! Already seen them live when I was 10 in Brussels, saw them 3 times now! Every time I meet someone new, I have to ask them. Do you know U2 (only the fact that in these days you have to ask if they even KNOW the greatest band ever makes me depressed) Most of them tell me: Of course I do, who doesn't know U2. Great! Next question: Do you like them? Then the most of them tell me: Sing me a song, I can't imagine of one right now. Everyday at least 3 songs are played on the radio. Some of them tell me they don't like U2, they won't be my friends, my girlfriend wouldn't be my girlfriend if she doesn't like U2 (fortunately she does). My parents introduced me to U2, but right now I'm a much bigger fan. (I saw them 3 times live, my parents only 1 time).

So when you got into them you were even younger than I was when I got into them (I was about 12)!

I was like 4 when their divine tunes got stuck in my head. But a real obsessed fan when I was 13, but the disease is just getting worse. I'm addicted and there is nothing what can heal me.