Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

U2LAWoman

Win A Trabbie Contest

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

Shannon387']All of the above basically although I think we need another nude photo of Adam for the new Achtung Baby collage. I'll get right on that.... ;-)

A way to look at it is, imagine this album is being released now and you are on the design team for the album cover art. They want it to reflect the spirit of the album music, and today's world. Artistically speaking, that could mean anything. You can draw your inspiration from just about anywhere but it should not only reflect the spirit of the album but today's global environment. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense.

I entered. Winning's a long shot but I had to try. Keeping my fingers crossed. You are just allowed one entry per contest. When I went back to the entry area again, I only see the option to view my submission. 

Good luck to all who entered. 
larry_happy.gifedge_happy.gifbono_happy.gifadam_happy.gif

Thank you Shannon and good luck to you. smokin.gif The more I'm thinking about it, the more I may just do multiple pieces. Then make a decision as to which one.Thinking, thinking.....

You should definitely enter. 

That's a good idea. I've been known to design, well develop a design concept, that way. For this one, I had about three different design concepts. As I continued developing the designs, researching ideas, listening to the album & remixes, and working on each of them. One in particular is the one that stood out to me as my final design. I ended up finalizing and submitting that one. 

I managed to figure out how to view the entries on accident when I was reviewing my own entry on my phone - again... I couldn't tell ya how I did it. But while I was there I had a look. There were a lot of entries, but out of the actual names of zootops, that I know of, there weren't many of us. Only a handful. A lot of entries though. Quite a wide variety of talent, and lots of chances for people to win. It would be really cool if one or more of them were zootops. 

He maybe a silly question I and I can't believe that I even dare to ask it, :P

but I have made an text in english that goes with my art for the trabbie contest, but Im not sure if I used the words correctly (because I'm dutch). Is there someone willing to check my text, Its for me very important to have no mistakes in my content :) ...

I'm happy to help also, although I don't know dutch, I am a wiz at editing text (in English). 

He maybe a silly question I and I can't believe that I even dare to ask it, :P

but I have made an text in english that goes with my art for the trabbie contest, but Im not sure if I used the words correctly (because I'm dutch). Is there someone willing to check my text, Its for me very important to have no mistakes in my content :) ...

I'm happy to help also, although I don't know dutch, I am a wiz at editing text (in English). 

All good ideas to think about Spicy. Although, if your unsure and still developing your ideas. Exploring more than one would be a good way to start. You may find that as you progress, one in particular will stand out for you as your entry.

To throw a wrench in things, and also to give you more ideas to think about. Your designs don't have to be literal translations of any particular idea, song, or lyric. The original album cover art wasn't. They can be abstract and artistic ideas too. The original album cover art has some abstractness on it. Much of it was not a literal translation, but individual photos with different meanings and ideas going on which, when put together, make up an artistic interpretation of what was going on in the 90's at the time the album was released and had the spirit of the album infused in them.

All good ideas to think about Spicy. Although, if your unsure and still developing your ideas. Exploring more than one would be a good way to start. You may find that as you progress, one in particular will stand out for you as your entry.

To throw a wrench in things, and also to give you more ideas to think about. Your designs don't have to be literal translations of any particular idea, song, or lyric. The original album cover art wasn't. They can be abstract and artistic ideas too. The original album cover art has some abstractness on it. Much of it was not a literal translation, but individual photos with different meanings and ideas going on which, when put together, make up an artistic interpretation of what was going on in the 90's at the time the album was released and had the spirit of the album infused in them.

[quote name='Shannon387 wrote:

U2LAWoman wrote:

Shannon387']All of the above basically although I think we need another nude photo of Adam for the new Achtung Baby collage. I'll get right on that.... ;-)

A way to look at it is, imagine this album is being released now and you are on the design team for the album cover art. They want it to reflect the spirit of the album music, and today's world. Artistically speaking, that could mean anything. You can draw your inspiration from just about anywhere but it should not only reflect the spirit of the album but today's global environment. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense.

I entered. Winning's a long shot but I had to try. Keeping my fingers crossed. You are just allowed one entry per contest. When I went back to the entry area again, I only see the option to view my submission. 

Thank you Shannon and good luck to you.
smokin.gif
The more I'm thinking about it, the more I may just do multiple pieces. Then make a decision as to which one.Thinking, thinking.....

That's a good idea. I've been known to design, well develop a design concept, that way. For this one, I had about three different design concepts. As I continued developing the designs, researching ideas, listening to the album & remixes, and working on each of them. One in particular is the one that stood out to me as my final design. I ended up finalizing and submitting that one. 

I managed to figure out how to view the entries on accident when I was reviewing my own entry on my phone - again... I couldn't tell ya how I did it. But while I was there I had a look. There were a lot of entries, but out of the actual names of zootops, that I know of, there weren't many of us. Only a handful. A lot of entries though. Quite a wide variety of talent, and lots of chances for people to win. It would be really cool if one or more of them were zootops. 

U2LAWoman wrote:

Thank you Shannon and good luck to you.
smokin.gif
The more I'm thinking about it, the more I may just do multiple pieces. Then make a decision as to which one.Thinking, thinking.....

jenmusic']He maybe a silly question I and I can't believe that I even dare to ask it,
:P

but I have made an text in english that goes with my art for the trabbie contest, but Im not sure if I used the words correctly (because I'm dutch). Is there someone willing to check my text, Its for me very important to have no mistakes in my content
:)

Thanks I will send you a PM too :)

[quote name='jenmusic wrote:

Shannon387 wrote:

jenmusic']He maybe a silly question I and I can't believe that I even dare to ask it,

but I have made an text in english that goes with my art for the trabbie contest, but Im not sure if I used the words correctly (because I'm dutch). Is there someone willing to check my text, Its for me very important to have no mistakes in my content

Replied. happy.gif

[quote name='jenmusic wrote:

Shannon387 wrote:

Replied. happy.gif

wondering how these original AB squares reflect the music of this album?

achtungbabyalbumcover.jpg

1) which photo reflects the spirit of the albums song, Zoo Station  ?
2) which photo reflects the spirit of the albums song, So Cruel  ?
3) the fly?
4) Mysterious ways?
5) Even Better than the real thing?
6) One?
7) Until the end of the world?
8) whos gonna ride your wild horses?
9) Love is blindness
10) Trying to throw your arms around the world
11) ultraviolet
12) Acrobat
16 pictures, but 12 songs

NO , No, NO!!! The point is they want to draw your attention from the main thing to see who's gonna have the guts to ride those wild horses..What I mean is...when you listen to the album..you feel unexplainable things...you imagine stuff...let it loose  take the photos with THAT in mind.....THAT is what it is aboutpimp.gif

Over and Out !

wondering how these original AB squares reflect the music of this album?

achtungbabyalbumcover.jpg

1) which photo reflects the spirit of the albums song, Zoo Station  ?
2) which photo reflects the spirit of the albums song, So Cruel  ?
3) the fly?
4) Mysterious ways?
5) Even Better than the real thing?
6) One?
7) Until the end of the world?
8) whos gonna ride your wild horses?
9) Love is blindness
10) Trying to throw your arms around the world
11) ultraviolet
12) Acrobat
16 pictures, but 12 songs

No, No, No !!! The point is they want to draw your attention from the main feeling to see Who's Gonna Have the Guts To Ride Those Wild Horses. What I mean is that when you listen to the album...you feel unexplainable things..you imagine stuff....let all of those loose when you take the pictures..and use all your skills,,,,THat is what it's ALL about !!!pimp.gif

Over 'n' Out !

jenmusic wrote:

Shannon387']I'm happy to help also, although I don't know dutch, I am a wiz at editing text (in English). 

Thanks I will send you a PM too

Replied. happy.gif

A thousand thank you's to you!! If I can help you with anything in return, just ask :D

ha ha :) hey Xtraspicy, did you know that snails have teeth? and they can sleep for 3 years.

It's a nice pic, but how does that look like a piece of Achtung work? :P

Well..how does Anton's Shot with the cows relate then?  It's supposed to leave you completely free roam...By the way I like your picture..and not everyone has the luck to photograph The Edge.....

It's a nice pic, but how does that look like a piece of Achtung work? :P

I'm supporting you anyway....pimp.gifwink.gif

[quote name='pain_18_ wrote:

MacFoley']It's a nice pic, but how does that look like a piece of Achtung work?

Well..how does Anton's Shot with the cows relate then?  It's supposed to leave you completely free roam...By the way I like your picture..and not everyone has the luck to photograph The Edge.....

Yeah,,,,suppose you have a point...sorry if i came across as rude...it is a nice pic as i said, i'll vote for you anyhow!!!

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

pain_18_ wrote:

MacFoley']It's a nice pic, but how does that look like a piece of Achtung work?

Yeah,,,,suppose you have a point...sorry if i came across as rude...it is a nice pic as i said, i'll vote for you anyhow!!! Good Luck MAc !!!pimp.gif