Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

U2 New Album in 2013 | U2013 [MERGED]

That leaves out Hawaii, we don't have an arena bigger than 8,000. Aloha stadium is only 35,000.

Oh well, I finally got to see a U2 concert in my homeland during Vertigo. It is enough.

That leaves out Hawaii, we don't have an arena bigger than 8,000. Aloha stadium is only 35,000.

They should throw a beach gig in Hawaii that would be great as the next tour filmsmokin.gif

[quote name='joshthetree wrote:

Sigma957']That leaves out Hawaii, we don't have an arena bigger than 8,000. Aloha stadium is only 35,000.

They should throw a beach gig in Hawaii that would be great as the next tour filmsmokin.gif

I could do without another US gig DVD. I prefer the idea of them playing Knebworth and doing that for a DVD.

Yeah why didn't they do a second 360 DVD in Europe/elsewhere? It was starting to be the norm...

Yeah why didn't they do a second 360 DVD in Europe/elsewhere? It was starting to be the norm...

More sales figures in the USA?

Oh well, I finally got to see a U2 concert in my homeland during Vertigo. It is enough.

We went to that . . . . what a concert wink.gif

Here's another way I could see it work...

Album released in spring 2013, tour kicks off in March/April with US arena tour dates finishing in June. In summer the band play in Europe, most countries except for the UK/Ireland - they come to the UK and Ireland in late October/early November to do a full run of gigs. Late November/December sees the band playing Australia & New Zealand, perhaps do a New Year's Eve gig there. Then in Feb/March/April/May 2014 they do some gigs in South Africa, South America, Mexico and possibly Japan, then in summer 2014 MAYBE play a few festivals (or just one).

I thing a Spring 2013 release is a bit early. We'll almost into Fall and there's no real substance on anything regarding the new album. Usually, we get the build up/pre-release hype at least a few months in advance - which would mean by Christmas, we would/should start seeing interviews and a lot of discussion around the new album. I could be wrong but they don't seem ready to start all that process again for media and touring. I think the earliest will be a Fall 2013 release. which will give them time to plan the new look, sound, feel, vibe and tour. That will make it 4+ years between albums, but with the tour having gotten pushed into that extra year, they haven't really been "away" all that long in order to reinvent something fresh for next go around. Spring 2014 release is also a possibility, but that would make it 5 years between albums....have they ever gone that long before? I'm banking on Fall 2013.