Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

illumination70

What Good Thing(S) Happened To You Today!

@illumination thats really nice!

I dusted off my dads old cassette player, listened to his old radio shows and cried my eyes out...

and laughed too at my dads odd sense of humor

Oh, wow...  that's really cool to have those.  You dad was a host or a DJ?

i dragged my ass out of bed

and hopefully something good is about to happen at lunchtime ....i'll report back

Today was one of those horrible, no good, really BAD days.

The one bright spot was that I made my sales goal for the month at work and it's only the 25th. So now I can fuck off for the rest of the month. :)

Today was one of those horrible, no good, really BAD days.

The one bright spot was that I made my sales goal for the month at work and it's only the 25th. So now I can fuck off for the rest of the month. :)

congratulations on making your sales goal!!

what would happen if you continued to get more sales for the rest of the month?

would you get any special credit for all of that hard work?

i dragged my ass out of bed

and hopefully something good is about to happen at lunchtime ....i'll report back

so, what happened at lunch time?

Dolphins swimming past our window!!! WOW!!! What a cool sight!!!

Cool, I love Dolphins!!!  In fact, my favorite artist is Christian-Laasson who does amazing dolphin art!!

Two things.  I changed something that was to take place in my neighborhood and was going to be an annoyance, loud and disruptive and prevented it from happening. You're welcome neighbors!  Also..the owner of one of my favorite restaurants told me today she changed something on the menu because of what I had told her last month. So, in other words. I feel I am being listened to.  :)

Two things.  I changed something that was to take place in my neighborhood and was going to be an annoyance, loud and disruptive and prevented it from happening. You're welcome neighbors!  Also..the owner of one of my favorite restaurants told me today she changed something on the menu because of what I had told her last month. So, in other words. I feel I am being listened to.  :)

That's always a good thing, to feel like your listened to and appreciated! :)

Thanks Spicy and Sunflower...

My 2 year old nephew yells out to me when he was strapped in his little car seat and about to leave, "you my best friend........."

My 2 year old nephew yells out to me when he was strapped in his little car seat and about to leave, "you my best friend........."

Nothing today beats this: Reading what U2LAWoman just said. :)

Nothing today beats this: Reading what U2LAWoman just said. :)

Hit the arrow up key for you!!! So sweet!!!

Arrows back at you ladies. :) While I'm here another good thing. So many good things happening lately...Let's see... my sunflower is blooming, which is nice. Except it's only 1 foot tall.

Cool, I love Dolphins!!!  In fact, my favorite artist is Christian-Laasson who does amazing dolphin art!!

I used to have greeting cards, 2-pocket folders, (& maybe a notebook or 2), etc, w/his artwork on it. I seem to remember 'Riese' being in his last name. As I remember it, his name is Christian Riese-Laasson (not sure on spelling). He was billed as "the world's foremost artist of the sea." If I'm not mistaken, he did some great murals on sides of buildings (or on the side of at least 1 aquarium building). Dolphins rule. Who doesn't love them, right? :)

Got to hug my girl after she has been away with my parents for three weeks - nothing is better :)

Arrows back at you ladies. :) While I'm here another good thing. So many good things happening lately...Let's see... my sunflower is blooming, which is nice. Except it's only 1 foot tall.

Let's hear it for the blooming of flowers! And small nieces & nephews who steal our hearts! And seeing a child u love after being away for some time. Reminds me of my favorite photo of my niece & 1 of my nephews when they were both younger than 5 or 6. Their mom was in the pic w/them wearing a sweater covered w/sunflowers. I put it in an album with a caption that was a quote from an ancient poet (sorry, not remembering the poet's name or her daughter's name). She was talking about her daughter, & where she said 'daughter' I replaced it w/ 'niece' in the album in parenthesis: it said something very close to this:

I have a little daughter named _____.

I would not take all of Croesus's kingdom -

with love thrown in -

for her.

@ u2lawoman that is precious!

@zhivvy ((HUGS)) from your little sunshine..heart melting!

That's so inspiring Zhivvy!!! And I love that poem, Alma!!!

So, dolphins, daughters and flowers . . . . love 'em all  :)  :)  :)

Christian Riese Lassen - love his dolphin paintings. 

http://lassenart.com/gallery.asp

http://www.wylandfoundation.org/community.php?subsection=wyland_walls

These are some of Wyland's building murals. He paints a lot of dolphins and whales and many of his building murals are nearby. 

Ah - Wyland! Thanx Janette. I knew when I mentioned the building murals that there was a possibility there might be another artist who did those (which is why I made sure to put "if I'm not mistaken"). I used to know someone who had a hardcover book dedicated to nothing but his work. I can picture in my mind from memory the difference between Wyland's work & Christian Riese Lassen's, but will check out the links anyways.  :)