Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

illumination70

What Good Thing(S) Happened To You Today!

My son WALKED on his own today. He told me he wants to surf again and today was the first real steps on his

own since the cancer shot up his spine and broke it...Last week his dad got him up and away from his walker

he held onto him though. Today was ALL HIM...I never thought I would see this day so this is my good thing.

Wow! I'm so happy for your son & your family, Wahine! How wonderful when things are moving in the right direction.  :) 

Thank you!! It's a blessing that's for sure.

Right now, he is still fighting for his life. (He gets chemo 24 hours a day for 6 days straight in the hospital then is off for two weeks, repeat, repeat, repeat, this coming Monday he will start his final round). He was paralyzed from the chest down when his back broke, the neurosurgeon

was brilliant and he has most of his feeling back, all his organs are working again and he had to learn to

walk all over again. He is still super unstable, but...he's doing it! I know the strength is there, its just a matter of making it all work right again. Now, I think if I could get him to quit looking down at his feet and just look at me while he walks I would feel better. His balance is way off, which is so strange cuz he

was a Pro Surfer and known for his balance. He was a top aerial surfer in the world. I like to tell him, the Lord has a new plan for you, just take it...so I suppose the next big hurdle is to see if this chemo worked, he is in trials, if not they are talking about bone marrow transplant, something tells me he is gonna kick

the crap outta this cancer. I CERTAINLY PRAY HE DOES.

Right now, he is still fighting for his life. (He gets chemo 24 hours a day for 6 days straight in the hospital then is off for two weeks, repeat, repeat, repeat, this coming Monday he will start his final round). He was paralyzed from the chest down when his back broke, the neurosurgeon

was brilliant and he has most of his feeling back, all his organs are working again and he had to learn to

walk all over again. He is still super unstable, but...he's doing it! I know the strength is there, its just a matter of making it all work right again. Now, I think if I could get him to quit looking down at his feet and just look at me while he walks I would feel better. His balance is way off, which is so strange cuz he

was a Pro Surfer and known for his balance. He was a top aerial surfer in the world. I like to tell him, the Lord has a new plan for you, just take it...so I suppose the next big hurdle is to see if this chemo worked, he is in trials, if not they are talking about bone marrow transplant, something tells me he is gonna kick

the crap outta this cancer. I CERTAINLY PRAY HE DOES.

hes going to kick cancers arse for sure...

hes a fighter.

an athlete

a competitor.

Today it's the last day of work and then....

post-559415-0-56972100-1377245326_thumb.jpg

Wahine-That's great news about your son walking on his own!!

As for me, my "good thing" which happened this happened yesterday and today.  Yesterday I finally bought some KISS Coffeehouse coffee ("God of Thunder "variety) from the online store.   As for today, I got my free instant coffee samples (6 packets) from "Taster's Choice " in the mail.

I woke up alive!

Was it a really bad injury?! :huh:

I woke up alive!

Anjana, it's not that bad of injury, it's just the elbows are one of the worst areas to have injuries.

Also, I'm sorry about hitting the red button, my clumsy hand meant to hit the green.

Thank you for enquiring !

I woke up alive!

Anjana, it's not that bad of injury, it's just the elbows are one of the worst areas to have injuries.

Also, I'm sorry about hitting the red button, my clumsy hand meant to hit the green.

Thank you for enquiring !

That's ok, have replied to your PM :)

Gave you an up arrow to even things out, Anj, lol. 

Hope everyone is feeling well today!!!  My good thing was reading your posts above and enjoying the optimistic feeling you have given me that everyone will be okay  :)

thank you everyone too, for the positive posts!

todays good thing:

wonderful neighbors, love and community!

let the sunshine in :-)

When a window closes, a door opens. You just have to be willing to open your eyes. I had such I nice day!

My daughter and her boyfriend slept over and cooked dinner for my mum and I,

and she also slept over an extra night, she also bought me one of my favorate bunch of flowers, Orchids :)

She's going to come again soon and stay again and let me cook next time for her boyfriend. Was lovely catching up :)

Gave you an up arrow to even things out, Anj, lol. 

Hope everyone is feeling well today!!!  My good thing was reading your posts above and enjoying the optimistic feeling you have given me that everyone will be okay  :)

awwhh you sweetie :wub:

I have 2 things to report:

Yesterday I finally "bit the bullet" and took a ride on the local gondolas and today I got my order  of coffee from the (soon to be closing) KISS Coffeehouse.    I figured since we aren't allowed to travel to Myrtle Beach, due to time and $, the net best thing was to order it online.

The first video is of a ride over Spokane Falls (similar to mine) and the second one is of the KISS Coffeehouse.  I have to warn you ahead of time, the first video is 15 minutes long,

Daughter got accepted for studies

How awesome 123. :)  My daughter graduated this year and has become a great artist and my boy will begin his teacher's job again next month. I'm very proud of them too. :wub:

@chica, like mother, like daughter-talented!

todays good thing:

cute Harley rider teases me about my bicycle:

"hey, you gotta get more powerful pipes on that"--big, grin at me...

:rolleyes:

of course, I smiled, then ran away :D

@chica, like mother, like daughter-talented!

todays good thing:

cute Harley rider teases me about my bicycle:

"hey, you gotta get more powerful pipes on that"--big, grin at me...

:rolleyes:

of course, I smiled, then ran away :D

:D

Daughter got accepted for studies

How awesome 123. :)  My daughter graduated this year and has become a great artist and my boy will begin his teacher's job again next month. I'm very proud of them too. :wub:

Thats really nice U2LAWoman :)

Sunflower thank you too :)