bigwave

New Members Introduction Thread

hello hello... to all new members & subscribers in recent weeks... its been busy :)

enjoy the Zoo.

Hi everyone! I'm Dan, a fan living in Bristol, CT, originally from Saratoga Springs, NY. I've been a fan for about 30 years now, and unfortunately I've only seen U2 live twice - once in Albany on the first leg of the ZooTv tour and then in Saratoga Springs on the 'Outside Broadcast' leg of the tour. Luckily I'm planning on enjoying this tour as much as possible, as I'm seeing them in NYC on 7/27 and undoubtedly a few more dates here in the Northeast. My favorite U2 cd? Probably Zooropa, closely followed by Achtung Baby. Hope to see some of you at the shows.

Hi everyone,

I'm a U2 fan from Germany. I grew up with U2, but I fell in love with the band as they released Vertigo. My very first concert was in Berlin 2005. And next year I see them again in Berlin (9/24, 9/25). My favourite Album ist probably Achtung Baby, but from time to time I change it.  I hope to visit a lot more concerts in 2016. Next year is a bit challenging for me financially. But I'm glad it is, because I can move back to my chosen hometown at the north coast in Germany.

I wish you all a great 2015 full of peace and happiness- and for sure a lot of the lads!

I'm really looking forward talking to other U2 fans.

Walk on ;)

Hello hello....from toronto. I have a U2 tribute band called, Out of Control.

Hope everyone is doing well :)

happy new year to all zoo folk, old & new, all the very best for 2015

Thank you very much bigwave, same to you and all of the other fans on here. It's a pleasure to be on here amongst all of you.

Dan

Welcome padra! Hope you'll have fun here!!  ;)

If you need help, just ask!!

First and foremost could you guide me towards any free u2 downloads lol other than that I'm looking forward to reading and seeing the points and thoughts of other u2 fanatics .

Hi padraigcoirneal

Did you go for the book or the vinyl?

Went for the vinyl as I've already bought the book from ebay , need to invest in a record player though if I want to listen to it .

I don't think they have started to send them out yet.

I'm in the same boat with regard to the record player but I know a place in Belfast you can pick one up for £30 and transfer the record onto a usb stick

I don't think they have started to send them out yet.

I'm in the same boat with regard to the record player but I know a place in Belfast you can pick one up for £30 and transfer the record onto a usb stick

I believe the vinyls will be sent out in March. 

I have a record player but it's ancient and I don't trust it with my precious U2! My Mum has one of those ones that can record onto MP3 and absolutely swears by it.

Aw no way

If you are back over they have them in Head in Castlecourt Shopping Centre

Hi all I find myself in new territory as I'm a newb when it comes to all things cyber related (only just mastered Facebook lol) What I'm looking for is a way to get a letter of thanks seen by the band. Any ideas on how I achieve that? I'm in Australia btw :)

Hi, my name is Susan. I maybe new to these forums, but I go a long way back as far as being a U2 lover is concerned. I much prefer to hear their 1980s music, however. Since "dreaming it up all over again" in

1989, I thought they had sold out and it hurt my heart. It wouldn't hurt so much if I didn't love that group! After all, they had hearts & guts & they ( and their music) meant something...an awful lot to me! I will always follow, tried hard as I could to stop. I'm forever hooked, it can't be helped!

Anyway, I'm a single/never-married, black (technically multi-racial) woman, who's disabled, retired for over 9 years, with a lot of time on her hands. Among other things, I love reading, some TV, knitting, crochet, sewing (dolls') clothes by hand and making beaded necklaces. I collect--and use--pens, postcards, snail-mail stationery, and hippie/flower-power era artifacts from the 1960s-1970s.

Welcome Katrina and Susan!  :)  Hope you'll have fun here!!