Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

New Members Introduction Thread

Thanks! I first discovered U2 in 1984, upon the release of "The Unforgettable Fire". Before this, I was a big Def Leppard fan...

Edited by susanmonteiro79

Hi, fan since the 80s and their first videos on MTV, but kind of went away from them around Zooropa. But LOVE the new album and NLOTH as well, though I still like their oldest stuff the best. Got a Red Zone for MSG the last night, 7/31 and very excited!!  Also a big fan of Rush and trying to get a ticket for them.  Also a huge Styx fan and Tim McGraw fan, so I'm kind of all over the place....

I know...In the early 80s, I was into groups like The Police, Journey and Def Leppard. But none of them or other bands ever took hold of me the way U2 did. However, I didn't become a true lover of that group until "The Joshua Tree" was released. From the 90s on, I began to feel this disconnect because they decided to go on a new musical direction. With few exceptions (like "Kite"), I became a bit disappointed with the new music...so much so that (I thought) I fell outta love with my true loves. But recently, I discovered that this was not the case. U2 will always occupy a soft spot in my heart, especially whenever I listen to their 80s stuff.

I was a member back in the mid/late 90's. Seems much improved now. Except for the "special" member fee. Ouch!

Hello, newbie here! Been a fan since the 80s, seen them live once and desperate to see them in London! Have my pre-sale code primed and ready for Wednesday..just hoping the tickets aren't out of my price range now! Does anybody have an idea how much they will be? Apologies if it's poor etiquette to ask! :)

Hello, newbie here! Been a fan since the 80s, seen them live once and desperate to see them in London! Have my pre-sale code primed and ready for Wednesday..just hoping the tickets aren't out of my price range now! Does anybody have an idea how much they will be? Apologies if it's poor etiquette to ask! :)

hi, and welcome :) which show was this for?

Hi all

Been a member of U2.com since early 2000's but never been on the zoo bit, sorry! (have I missed anything???)

Been a fan since early 80's. First saw them live in 1987 at Birmingham NEC arena (UK) WOW, best gig I've ever been too!

Seen them many times since inc croke park, can't wait till October in London (wishing my life away) haha

Hello! I was referring to the extra london date, 3rd November. I have my tickets now though-general admission standing. Would have loved red zone but they were just a bit too steep for me. Maybe next time. :)

Welcome Kirstyhk1!

Thank-you for saying hi! Another question for you all if that's ok? Any idea who are supporting the band on the UK dates? :)

Hi all, welcome to the Zoo, congrats on getting your ticket Kirstyhk1, I'm doing a couple of London dates too. 
I think the biggest rumour now is that there will be no support act and that U2 will just play a longer set...we can hope...but it's all heresay 

Hi all I have been in U2.com for years but this is the first time I write in this forum so I'm kinda new here

Hi Baby78, what's the title of your book?

Hi My book is titled ON YOUR KNEES Biblical References, Religion and Faith in the songs by U2. I have written it both in Italian and in English

Wow. That's interesting. If I will find it, I'll read it. Is it only an e-book or print also?

9788891157997.png

Edited by Malahide