paoladegliesposti

Poems, Videos, Lyrics, Letting A Positive Vibe-->Or Making Reflect--> Or Smile

A Supermarket in California.

What thoughts I have of you tonight, Walt Whitman, for I walked down the
streets under the trees with a headache self-conscious looking at the full moon.

In my hungry fatigue, and shopping for images, I went into the neon fruit
supermarket, dreaming of your enumerations!
What peaches and what penumbras! Whole families shopping at night! Aisles
full of husbands! Wives in the avocados, babies in the tomatoes! --- and you,
Garcia Lorca, what were you doing down by the watermelons?
I saw you, Walt Whitman, childless, lonely old grubber, poking among the
meats in the refrigerator and eyeing the grocery boys.
I heard you asking questions of each: Who killed the pork chops? What price
bananas? Are you my Angel?
I wandered in and out of the brilliant stacks of cans following you, and
followed in my imagination by the store detective.
We strode down the open corridors together in our solitary fancy tasting
artichokes, possessing every frozen delicacy, and never passing the cashier.
Where are we going, Walt Whitman? The doors close in an hour. Which way does
your beard point tonight?
(I touch your book and dream of our odyssey in the supermarket and feel
absurd.)
Will we walk all night through solitary streets? The trees add shade to
shade, lights out in the houses, we'll both be lonely.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love past blue automobiles in
driveways, home to our silent cottage?
Ah, dear father, graybeard, lonely old courage-teacher, what America did you
have when Charon quit poling his ferry and you got out on a smoking bank and
stood watching the boat disappear on the black waters of Lethe? 

Allen Ginsberg

8 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I just signed in to clean up my words.  I thought about what you wrote.  I think you are right. I don't think this necessarily has a political agenda. I think it plays to one. I was wrong with how I stated my thought.  I don't want to judge.  If the school is classical training, then I resuggest mythology.  Edith Hamilton is my favorite.  

If a child knew the entire Quran by heart and could recite it while standing on his or her head with a mouth full of water-would that child be on American TV?  It really bothers me how they present all of this to the masses while making sure it's pretty and polished for TV.  I like Steve Harvey.  He's made me laugh so many times.  It seems the producer made a foolish call in allowing this piece to air on national television, as you mentioned.

Now to the good part:  Price George???  :lol:  Doesn't he live in Maine?  Massachussetts?   France?  

No offense, Natural11.  I can see how someone would see this and merely see a cute little boy or whatever.  My criticism is not of your post. 

Manohlive, thanks for speaking up and sharing your thoughts. I appreciate your clarifications. 

Everyone chooses to raise their children the way they see fit, it is what makes America great! We all have a voice, a view and with civil discourse even in speaking about matters of faith, we are doing exactly what we are supposed to as individuals  and in greater context, as a nation.

It may or may not have a good call on the show's producers to air this segment, but nonetheless,  they did because somewhere in Steve's opinion it was worthy of air time. I have been involved in public education and some work with homeschool loops as an art worshop facilitator for a segment of my career. I think that I have often not have not expected as much as I could have in depth of skills with some children that could do more if given time and opportunities to do so.  Kids are capable of so much and this boy at some level gave me hope to believe for more for our kids and then help equip them to do so!

mich40, I think that there are home schooled children who think that they are better than others when they get older, but couldn't that be said of any segment of the educated wherever and however they are educated? Just saying...

Yes, I did hesitate posting a faith oriented post on U2 public post, but I opted to post it because of the season we are in and for the fact that the boy's memorization skills are incredible! I also know that in the U2 fan base of varied faiths, non-faith views there are people who would appreciate the segment.  

Thanks again to both of you for your comments! I enjoy hearing what you all think and feel!

Edited by natural11

2 hours ago, natural11 said:

mich40, I think that there are home schooled children who think that they are better than others when they get older, but couldn't that be said of any segment of the educated wherever and however they are educated? Just saying...

Yes, I did hesitate posting a faith oriented post on U2 public post, but I opted to post it because of the season we are in and for the fact that the boy's memorization skills are incredible! I also know that in the U2 fan base of varied faiths, non-faith views there are people who would appreciate the segment.  

Thanks again to both of you for your comments! I enjoy hearing what you all think and feel!

Absolutely agree with you. My comment probably came across a bit pointed because I’ve seen a bit too much with that particular teaching first hand.

As for your post, as long as it is within the Terms of Service, you have the freedom to post what you like. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, natural11 said:

Manohlive, thanks for speaking up and sharing your thoughts. I appreciate your clarifications. 

I did not take offense at your post.  Thanks for what you wrote.  It's a very tricky subject.  I think the boy would be better off playing outdoors or somewhere, and discovering God in his own way as a child-not being forced to memorize passages from the Bible.  The boy cannot possibly understand that which he speaks.  Should a four year old kid even be reading the Bible?  (rhetorical question)    I had a similar type of religion forced upon me.  I was told this person is okay but that person is not because that person is different.  If a person committed suicide then that person would go to hell; if a person was gay then that person would go to hell...blah, blah, blah. It was a bunch of people feeling better about themselves by condemning others.  It's been my experience that those who memorize and can spout off Bible passages the quickest have spent the least amount of time discerning what they mean.    My concern is for the little boy.  What happens when the spotlight dims?  Why does the father look so pleased with his own self?  Isn't Christianity about humility?  

Again-if that was a child who could recite the Koran or other works of faith-would that child be on national television?  I doubt it.  I do not think religion has a place on national television unless it's an equal opportunity for people of all faiths.

Edited by Manohlive

16 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I did not take offense at your post.  Thanks for what you wrote.  It's a very tricky subject.  I think the boy would be better off playing outdoors or somewhere, and discovering God in his own way as a child-not being forced to memorize passages from the Bible.  The boy cannot possibly understand that which he speaks.  Should a four year old kid even be reading the Bible?  (rhetorical question)    I had a similar type of religion forced upon me.  I was told this person is okay but that person is not because that person is different.  If a person committed suicide then that person would go to hell; if a person was gay then that person would go to hell...blah, blah, blah. It was a bunch of people feeling better about themselves by condemning others.  It's been my experience that those who memorize and can spout off Bible passages the quickest have spent the least amount of time discerning what they mean.    My concern is for the little boy.  What happens when the spotlight dims?  Why does the father look so pleased with his own self?  Isn't Christianity about humility?  

Again-if that was a child who could recite the Koran or other works of faith-would that child be on national television?  I doubt it.  I do not think religion has a place on national television unless it's an equal opportunity for people of all faiths.

Good points to ponder on the topic, Manohlive! Your concerns ad questions are so valid. I am chewing on this dialogue and may comment more later...but has be thinking about my own modivations and expressions of my faith in the public arenas!

mich40, thanks for your explanation and heart!

Great conversation here folks! Thanks for chiming in!

Happy birthday Eric "Slowhand" Patrick Clapton!!:Zoo_Guitar:

http://www.ericclapton.com/?frontpage=true

Tell the truth.
Tell me who's been fooling you?
Tell the truth.
Who's been fooling who?
There you sit there, looking so cool
While the whole show is passing you by.
You better come to terms with your fellow men soon, cause
The whole world is shaking now. Can't you feel it?
A new dawn is breaking now. Can't you see it?
Tell the truth.
Tell the truth.
Who's been fooling who?
It doesn't matter just who you are,
Or where you're going or been.
Open your eyes and look into your heart.
The whole world is shaking now. Can't you feel it?
A new dawn is breaking now. Can't you see it?
I said see it, yeah, can't you see it?
Can't you see it, yeah, can't you see it?
I can see it, yeah.
Tell the truth.
Tell the truth.
Who's been fooling who?
Hear what I say, 'cause every word is true.
You know I wouldn't tell you no lies.
Your time's coming, gonna be soon, boy.
It doesn't matter just who you are,
Or where you're going or been.
Open your eyes and look into your heart.
Songwriters: Bobby Whitlock / Eric Patrick Clapton / Robert S. Whitlock
Tell the Truth lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc, Music Sales Corporation
Edited by natural11
  • Upvote 1
  • Brilliant 1

On 3/30/2018 at 1:17 AM, paoladegliesposti said:

It is Spring here

equinozio-primavera--640x342.jpeg

Wow.  I keep watching and waiting.  The bulb plants are growing by me.  I've yet to see anything bloom. I love Spring. Who doesn't?

God's Grandeur 

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2018 at 8:28 AM, natural11 said:

Good points to ponder on the topic, Manohlive! Your concerns ad questions are so valid. I am chewing on this dialogue and may comment more later...but has be thinking about my own modivations and expressions of my faith in the public arenas!

mich40, thanks for your explanation and heart!

Great conversation here folks! Thanks for chiming in!

Thank you!  It's nice to be able to do this.  I was thinking about this, a lot, during the first two days of Easter Triduum.  What bothers me is that this schoolboy is learning this ABC's, yes?  They are using Bible passages to teach them.  Okay.  Why is he on television?  I never got on TV for learning as I should.  What about the other kids?  I'm sure many of them did their schoolwork just as well.  Why are they not on TV?  The kid is cute. The father/son are an attractive package.  It is being promoted. What bothers me is that man, once again, takes something hostage and uses it for his own gain.  In this case, it is something many people hold sacred. I  need to take my own faith out of this.  Why is this child being paraded around for learning his ABC's?  Why is he being showered with gifts?  I don't like how we do this in society.  It's all pretty and packaged according to man's profit. I dislike it. I understand how others would find the actual footage heartening and cute. I would like to smack that father for being so stupidly blinded, however; I'd be owed many smacks for my own foolishness at times.   

It's a nice story.  I hope, for the child's sake, that it quickly fades into the recesses of even better stories.  I would have been happy had this been a group of diverse children with a reason for the viewer to care why they are learning as they are.    Thanks for the platform, natural11.  

Happy Easter.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, paoladegliesposti said:

brilliant epoque in life's guys!

I still love this song.  Great indicator of the times.  She was underrated.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I still love this song.  Great indicator of the times.  She was underrated.

No she wasn’t Sk8r boy is rubbish!

avril latrine!?

• Haha 1
  • Brilliant 1

2 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

No she wasn’t Sk8r boy is rubbish!

avril latrine!?

Sk8r boy did suck..  She knows how to write good songs.  I'm With You, I think it was that I liked too.   I think she could write well at times.  I concede sk8r boy.  The video was even worse.

• Brilliant 1

Beckoning from blue or stormy skies,

April smiles, and then April sighs...

- Louise Bates