Sign in to follow this  
febottini

Ordinary Love Gets Oscar Nomination

febottini    225

Music: Original Song

"Alone Yet Not Alone" (Alone Yet Not Alone)

"Happy" (Despicable Me 2')

"Let it Go" (Frozen)

"The Moon Song" (Her)

"Ordinary Love" (Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom)

electricco    405

Music: Original Song

"Alone Yet Not Alone" (Alone Yet Not Alone)

"Happy" (Despicable Me 2')

"Let it Go" (Frozen)

"The Moon Song" (Her)

"Ordinary Love" (Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom)

-_- Wishing you the Best of Luck  ;) U2 !

pain_18_    207

Happy is better than Ordinary Love by a long shot ! I really like that song better ! I really really hope the album will be nothing like 'Ordinary Love'...

pain_18_    207

I'm so Happy Coldplay didn't get nominated, it may not be U2's best work, it's not their worst either, there's one thing worst than 'Ordinary Love' and that's the whole Coldplay Discography, if they'd been on there, it would've been too easy for U2 so it  seems legit that these artists have been chosen for nomination !

There actually is something worst than 'Ordinary Love' but they still come before coldplay's back-catalogue : Wild Honey, the Pride remix, the Crazy Redanka remix and the Epworth Ordinary remix !!!

Edited by pain_18_

MacFoley    55

Happy is better than Ordinary Love by a long shot ! I really like that song better ! I really really hope the album will be nothing like 'Ordinary Love'...

This song is rather catchy and from one of the most talked about films from both adults and children today.

It would not surprise me if this won, it is number one in the charts too. A worthy winner.

febottini    225

Academy disqualifies Best Song Nominee "Alone Yet Not Alone"

The Oscar nomination for an obscure song in a lightly seen film has been rescinded.
The Academy’s board of governors disqualified Bruce Broughton and Dennis Spiegel’s “Alone Yet Not Alone” after learning that Broughton, a former governor and current Music Branch executive committee member, had emailed members of the branch about the song during the nominations voting period.
"No matter how well-intentioned the communication, using one’s position as a former governor and current executive committee member to personally promote one’s own Oscar submission creates the appearance of an unfair advantage,” Academy president Cheryl Boone Isaacs said.
“I’m devastated," Bruce Broughton said in an email to Billboard. "I indulged in the simplest, grassroots, campaign and it went against me when the song started getting attention.  I got taken down by competition that had months of promotion and advertising behind them.  I simply asked people to find the song and consider it.”
The board determined that Broughton’s actions were inconsistent with the Academy’s promotional regulations. The Academy’s rules state “the Board of Governors may take any corrective actions or assess any penalties that in its discretion it deems necessary to protect the reputation and integrity of the awards process.”
They will not ad an additional nominee in the original song category. The song’s qualifications had been challenged on the basis of the film never being advertised in print.

There continues to be rumblings over the allowance of four songwriters on the U2 track “Ordinary Love” from “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.” The rules state that no more than three songwriters may be listed on a track.

Edited by febottini

Celebrian    1

Didn't get to see the Golden Globes televized here in Finland, (sometimes it really sucks living out here in the back of beyond!) so hoping I'll get to see the Oscars, and that U2 win!

febottini    225

U2 to perform "Ordinary Love" on the Oscars

World-renowned rock band U2 will perform their Oscar®-nominated song, “Ordinary Love,” for a global audience at the Oscars®, show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron announced today. U2’s exclusive Oscar show performance will be the first time the band will perform the song live. The Oscars, hosted by Ellen DeGeneres, will air on Sunday, March 2, live on ABC.

“Ordinary Love” was written by the group for “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom” and is nominated for Original Song. The three other nominated songs are “Happy” from “Despicable Me 2,” “Let It Go” from “Frozen” and “The Moon Song” from “Her.”

U2 has sold more than 150 million records worldwide since its formation in 1976. The group has won 22 Grammy® Awards—more than any other band—and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2005, its first year of eligibility. The band’s 110-show, 26-month U2360° tour, which ended in July 2011, played to over 7 million fans in 30 countries on 5 continents and was the highest-grossing concert tour of all time. The band is currently in the studio working on a new album.

Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2013 will be presented on Oscar Sunday, March 2, 2014, at the Dolby Theatre® at Hollywood & Highland Center® and televised live on the ABC Television Network. The Oscars, produced by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.

Anjana    381

There continues to be rumblings over the allowance of four songwriters on the U2 track “Ordinary Love” from “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.” The rules state that no more than three songwriters may be listed on a track.

soooo who's the expendable one??! ha ha. Can't they just put 'U2" like they usually do