illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

57 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

How is your Star Wars cards collection going?  You were missing just a few, if memory serves me correctly.  (Which it often does not so pardon me if I am wrong.)

It depends which collection we're talking about - I've got three card sets that I'm working on. 40th Anniversary only needs 1 card, Galactic Files Reborn needs over 60 and the UK edition of Journey to The Last Jedi needs over 100, but I've only started that in the last week or so, so I'm not panicking yet :) 

There's also the SW: Universe sticker book, where I still need over 80.  

I am just in from my bank getting an error fixed that their machine made. As I was waiting for the tellers to fix it, Mysterious Ways starts to blare out loud and clear via the PA!  I smiled, my face got red as I imagined me and Bono dancing in the bank line!! It made the wait extremely enjoyable I must admit! A woman can dream.

Edited by natural11

I found the fresh oregano I needed for an eggplant pasta dish called Bucatini in Chunky Eggplant Sauce (a Micol Negrin recipe) I am perparing tonight after going to two different markets! Yay!

I finished my first week of paid work and listened to Melancholia Hymns, the new record by Arcane Roots. Such an incredible album, everyone needs to listen to it!

19 hours ago, illumination70 said:

My long-sleeve shirt arrived from Theanimalrescuesite. where my purchase heloped purchase 35 bowls of food for dogs and cats in shelters!!

That's lovely - you get a new shirt and the animals get the help they need. Warm fuzzy feelings all round :)

I went to a local library today and brought home two books. One is a new fantasy by Conn Iggulden (writing under a "pen name" of C.F. Iggulden to distinguish it from his historical novels), the other is "The Assassin's Apprentice" by Robin Hobb, which I've been trying to find for ages. And now I found it in a *lovely* cloth-bound edition which I get to adopt for 3 weeks.

You're The Best Thing About Me came on the radio in the kitchen at work today! I happened to walk in just as Edge's vocal line started, right moment :D

5 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

I had my graduation ceremony yesterday! Here's a photo of me in my getup. 

1IMG_0260.JPG

Congratulations Peter!

I found a new delight for my candy cravings called Zayna Dates that takes me to a happy place! "A premium quality date stuffed with roasted almonds with a delicious flavored coating milk chocolate" at the Grocery Outlet! Budget yumminess!

Edited by natural11
It is the little things that make my day

13 hours ago, natural11 said:

Bravo Peter! Quite the accomplishment!!

Thanks friends! 

Today's good thing - got my first paycheque through! Nice to finally be earning money. The tour fund will be nice and healthy!

Congratulations on the graduation Peter. Mine is next month :)

My good thing for today was finding some brilliant books in a charity shop, including 3 language workbooks. Normally they would cost about £10 each brand new. I got all 3 for just over £10 and they are in such good condition. No-one's ever written in any of them!

Went on a guided tour at a library with old books, some of them medieval (sp). It was fantastic to see. So bright colours in those books, like it had been printed yesterday.

Edited by bluegrace

9 hours ago, bluegrace said:

Went on a guided tour at a library with old books, some of them medieval (sp). It was fantastic to see. So bright colours in those books, like it had been printed yesterday.

That sounds lovely! 

My good thing was that my eye test was not as scary as I thought and no eye drops were needed :)