illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

I won a competition in a Star Wars card collector's group! :o :D B)

We run what we call "waffles" (raffles) where you pay a small entry fee (which helps the person running it to raise money), and then the winner (or sometimes multiple winners) get certain special cards that have been put up as prizes. In this case, the prize was 3 sketchcards - including one of my favourite character Poe Dameron - and I won!! 

I was so shocked I had to watch the draw video twice to check that I'd seen and heard it correctly :lol:

On 2/20/2018 at 8:50 AM, padawanbeck84 said:

Good for you @Manohlive We all have to do our bit against scalpers.

I would have done it no matter.  It's the Red Zone tix being scalped.  Not cool. 

Today's good thing:   It's not raining after a deluge which has rivers flooding and basements full of water.  The rain did get rid of the snow.  My dog is happy too.  The poor guy had nowhere to go save sidewalks and parking lots.

Edited by Manohlive

My father and I spent today delivering books to libraries. The man who normally takes the requested books where they need to go is on holiday, so we stepped in to cover for him. It also meant that I finally learnt where one local library was - I'd never been to it before! 

We planned a route around the town so we could collect books as we went and take them to the next ones along. And we made friends with the other librarians in the process :)

As I was standing in line at our local Savemart (a supermarket chain in my area) buying a sandwich and a sparking water from their deli after church and Mysterious Ways came blasting over the PA!  I did not start dancing, but you know I wanted to! I was in full smile just thinking about U2...their shows...the Dance of Life! How fun is that?  LOL!

• Like 2

I keep encountering U2 in the most surprising ways over the last 24 hours! It happened again!

I woke up in the wee hours of today really wanting to be sleeping, but got out of bed to drink some soothing herbal tea to get me sleeping again.  I turned on the TV and this man named Steven Furtick from Elevation Church was speaking from a message titled The Haunted Heart from Psalm 55 and at the very end when he and his wife were speaking in some closing words, he quotes a U2 song "You've got stuck in a moment and now you can't get out of it". I laughed and yes, I was able to sleep again!

What's up with that?  

:wub: :JT_Logo_03: !

Edited by natural11

I found out that Dick's Sporting Goods, the largest retailer of guns in America, is no longer selling AR-15 assault rifles AND they are raising the age where one can purchase a gun to 21 years old.  It is their own choice.

Edited by Manohlive

On 2/28/2018 at 10:51 AM, padawanbeck84 said:

I received the Star Wars sketches that I won! :D 

SWWaffleSketches2.jpg

Very cool.  I'm happy for you.

13 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I found out that Dick's Sporting Goods, the largest retailer of guns in America, is no longer selling AR-15 assault rifles AND they are raising the age where one can purchase a gun to 21 years old.  It is their own choice.

Good. I'm glad people are taking action on this.

As a Brit, the idea of being able to just walk into a shop and buy something as deadly as a gun as easily as if it was a loaf of bread... it horrifies me. Over here, we have very strict rules - and very low rates of gun crime. 

i had a nice and relaxing massage in the beauty salon! ;)

Our local libraries are still open, despite the heavy snow. I have been out and returned my book that was due back today.

And I picked up some little chocolate cake bars on the way back :D

• Like 1

I just found out I've been shortlisted for a job I applied to - and the interview is next week!!! :D 

I seriously hope I get this one!

• Like 3

On 3/5/2018 at 4:00 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

I just found out I've been shortlisted for a job I applied to - and the interview is next week!!! :D 

I seriously hope I get this one!

And?  I'm hoping it went well.

My good thing:   All I did today was pet my dog and watch music performances and make a very tasty sandwich.

47 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

And?  I'm hoping it went well.

My good thing:   All I did today was pet my dog and watch music performances and make a very tasty sandwich.

Thank you - the interview is one week today and I'm trying to stay as calm as I can. 

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day :)

Finally finished work for the day: 15 hours!

12 hours ago, kastee said:

Wow,  I remember working long hours like that during the summer of 1996, hats off to you!!  As for my 'good thing", I got my value set from Clinique in the mail .

I realized it's daylight savings time and this is the big weekend where we 'spring' forward and regain the hour of light we lost last Fall.  woo hoo

• Like 1

On 3/7/2018 at 3:43 AM, padawanbeck84 said:

Thank you - the interview is one week today and I'm trying to stay as calm as I can. 

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day :)

Lol.  So it is in the future.  I can see that clearly now, yes.  :blink:   The sentiment remains despite it previously being put in a past tense-Good luck and let us know, please.

On 8/3/2018 at 1:24 PM, kastee said:

Hope you will have a good and relaxing weekend Kastee! 

Taking a spa treatment at home with Peter Thomas Irish Moor Mud Mask....it is as close to taking a trip to Ireland as I will get tonight! LOL! Feels SO GOOD!!

Edited by natural11
Yes, it was gifted o me from a family member...I do not buy things like this!