illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

On 4/18/2019 at 9:23 AM, illumination70 said:

I made some cookies using a different recipe which is the kind they use at Double-tree hotels.

Image may contain: food

Those look tastier than jelly beans.  Happy Easter/Whatever it is to you, illumination70.  

Posted (edited)

Last Summer, a non-profit agency dropped me from their program; which was supposed to help me get back on my feet.  It did not.  I was dropped because I was told to cancel when my head was bad.  I was later told one can only cancel three times so I was being dropped.  I had cancelled over twenty times.  I had told them my head was always bad.  Duh.  I warned the case worker she was making a bad mistake and should reconsider her actions. She pretty much laughed at me.  Duh.  I tried to warn her supervisor but he wouldn't even speak with me.  Dumb..   

Earlier today,  I called the head of certain services for certain things...  (don't want this person to be identifiable)   She was not doing her job of addressing and correcting how I was treated  and dropped.   I politely told her, via another message, that it was my last call, I would be going over her head and know how to do so.  She quickly returned my call.  I was informed that the aforementioned agency lost its contract with my county and it was 'dropped'. I also found out this lady was being transitioned out of her job so another person could take over.  (Good because people's well being depends on her doing as she should but was not.)   Ridiculous wasting of precious resources has been allowed. It is for people in need.

Shortly after I hung up the phone, I got another call.  It was the head manager of the agency which lost its funding.  (They are a non-profit so they still have donors.  Their clients will not lose services or I would not have pushed so hard.)  She spent over an hour typing what I had to say.  "David, everything you are telling me is being entered into our system and will be addressed"   The case workers and those under them are going to have to change their approaches; especially how they help clients with head injuries or worse.  My supposed case worker, her supervisor and the seven people under her had a very bad afternoon, or it will occur on Monday.  I find no pleasure in them having bad days at work..  I did what I had to do to make sure what happened to me will not happen to anyone else. 

After I hung up the phone with the manager, I got another call. It was from a new agency.  This lady seemed on the ball.  We spoke for about half an hour.  "So you just need help rethinking how to approach organizing, meal planning and transportation when you should not drive?"   "Yes."   "What was so difficult about that?"  "Bingo."  We both laughed.  She's going to get me the help I need to go back to work.

None of these people realize that I'm now going to speak with the donors of these programs.  I spoke with a well connected friend.  He is making a call so I get a call and the donors also know what's happening.  I'm trying to set up a meeting with several of them.  I don't want anyone demoted or scolded. I don't want loses of funding.  I want resources, for those who need it, to be well used and managed..  Thank God I got dropped..  A lot of people who face challenges are going to receive better services in the future.  I never knew that would happen.  I was trying to clear my name for being dropped.  . 

I know this is long.  I've told two friends and now you guys.  The only other people I'm telling are my godfather and my mom. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Brilliant 1

I'm off the clock and my week off work has begun.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Enjoy, CorkVegan.  May the Sun shine yet shade be available wherever you wish to be.

I'm officially moved into my new apt/home.  I love it. We got all the big stuff moved yesterday.  I have a LOT of work this next week. The beauty lies in the fact that it's all in my old apartment down the hall.  I have no temporary paths between boxes, as past moves have been.  I feel very, very old from so much heavey lifting.  My body ain't cooperatin' today but I'm laughing.  This morning, I woke up and was happy.  I have not done that for over three years.  The acoustics for my sound system are incredible because I'm in a corner unit.  (very cool unexpected bonus)  The wall opposite my speakers is solid, as it's the outside wall of my building. The sound bounces back, mixes and is brilliant. Nothing woke me during the night. I can go out of my building via the stairs, which right by my door.  That means no lobby gossip or any of that crap.  It's a corny pun, yet I can honestly say I feel elevated.  It's time for the Influx remix and the the Perfecto remix of Lemon.  Four years of no patience with zen have ended.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Oh-has anyone seen the trailer for the movie, Yesterday?  It looks like it might be brilliant.  It has a fascinating premise.  I don't know where else to post this.  Does it pique anyone else with interest?  Who gets the idea of there being no Beatles?    I think it has a lot potential promise with a very good message.   

Edited by Manohlive

6 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Oh-has anyone seen the trailer for the movie, Yesterday?  It looks like it might be brilliant.  It has a fascinating premise.  I don't know where else to post this.  Does it pique anyone else with interest?  Who gets the idea of there being no Beatles?    I think it has a lot potential promise with a very good message.   

Can’t wait to see it! It looks like it’s going to be really good. 

To stay on topic, getting a new book to read. Hope to start it this evening. 

6 hours ago, mich40 said:

To stay on topic

Oops.  I should have said seeing that trailer was good.  Duly noted and thanks, Mich40.

This is meant as a good thing:   I hope illumination70 is doing well.  I miss her posts in this thread.

4 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Oops.  I should have said seeing that trailer was good.  Duly noted and thanks, Mich40.

I wasn’t reprimanding you, I just added the “to stay on topic” to my response to bring it back around to the topic of good things from the day. 

18 hours ago, mich40 said:

I wasn’t reprimanding you, I just added the “to stay on topic” to my response to bring it back around to the topic of good things from the day. 

I didn't take it as a reprimand.  I was being a bit silly.  I'm laughing.  😀

My good thing is that I got the couch in my new place-three man job but it went well.  One friend of mine go to meet another in the process.  

A nearby community centre put on a marathon of the Star Wars original trilogy. It was good to see the films on the big screen :D

• Like 2

I went and visited a friend.  He was cleaning out a garage full of heavy equipment.  I helped him and we had a nice visit.  It was nice to be outside without a coat and rainbow; sunny skies and a pretty sunset. 

• Brilliant 1

I'm not sure how a rainbow got into my above comment. It did not happen.  I was without a coat and there was no rain.   

I couldn't see the game but the Milwaukee Bucks just beat the Boston Celtics to take the lead 3-1.  We now return back to Milwaukee for the fourth game.  I'm am slathered in superstitious silliness.  Hopefully, it will be a while before I open my U2 record day store vinyl. I dare not utter our slogan but Go Bucks! 

After much procrastination, I listened to my "inner child" and took a ride on a local  Carousel !!

Image may contain: one or more people and indoor

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

I always go on the carousel.  It's the one ride I take which is not on roller coasters.  Those animals are works of art.  

@illumination70 I can remember my grandmother going on the carousel with me once on a day out - she must have been at least 75 at the time. You're never too old for carousels :)

This a combo of two days good thing.  I saw Snow Patrol last night in Chicago.  Gary has a very humble smile which lit up the venue.  We stood in 44 degrees, with a thirty mile an hour wind, for 2 1/2 hours. Gotta love the northeast wind off Lake Michigan!  I met a lot of really cool people.  We were one person behind the rail. The band interacted with all of us,. I also survived feeling like I'm one hundred and fourteen years old today.  😀

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I also survived feeling like I'm one hundred and fourteen years old today.

I'm back to being a little kid.  I forgot about the Milwaukee Bucks game.  WE WON!!!  Oh my gosh.  I've been so out of it all day that I forgot.   WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO.   This city is going to go crazy.  I'd head downtown right now were I not so tired.  I badly want to say our slogan but very superstitious, nothing more to say.   

47 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

Tottenham Hotspur comeback in the Champions League semi

I listened to the second half of that match - wow. I thought the Liverpool game was crazy, then for Spurs to do that... couldn't believe it. I don't know who I want to win the final now - they both deserve it after those matches!

I love Spurs, Liverpool are currently a great great Team. It’s a final. Anything can happen.

On 5/9/2019 at 6:27 AM, doctornickriviera said:

I love Spurs, Liverpool are currently a great great Team. It’s a final. Anything can happen.

Yes! I think Spurs’ comeback was slightly more impressive than Liverpool’s, all things considered. Both were phenomenal results.

And, let’s hear it for the Premier League in general! The aforementioned teams in the Champions League final, and Arsenal and Chelsea in the Europa League final! An unprecedented feat for any European league. Very impressive! 😎

Posted (edited)

I am very happy it receded.  I'm quite sorry to hear you get them.  Patterns, triggers, dealing with a f'd up mind through humor.  The song Bad is always a nice respite.  Zoo Station helps a lot too.  Let it go and dance.  It's easy to say but that's how I do it.  One a very different plane-I offer it up.  (not pushing)   

Hopefully a good thing is that this somehow helps.  I'm presuming you know how to find the medical info, Doc.  ☺️  Theraspecs with any screen or I'm done.  They are also a wealth of trigger resources and other information.  

My other good thing is that I helped a buddy move a free and very heavy tall boy dresser from a very crooked haul out of one house, onto a truck and into his house.  Free and it's solid oak with dovetailed drawers from a very good furniture maker. It's beautifully crafted.  I love that people will give stuff like that away if you come haul it out of their house.  It's on neighborhood websites.  Everyone wins.  

Edited by Manohlive

On 5/11/2019 at 4:43 PM, doctornickriviera said:

My 4 day recurring migraine went away finally! 

@Manohlive I have no idea how you manage with this long term. 

I hear ya because I got 2 migraines last week (Monday & Wednesday Night)!!

• Sad 1