illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

On 11/13/2017 at 1:38 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

I went to writing group today and we finalised the plans for our latest short story anthology :)

Great!!

I went out shopping and found a smart new shirt - and got a discount on it! It was meant to be part of a set with a tie, but the tie was nowhere to be seen so the nice lady at the till knocked £4 off the price :D

And then I found two second-hand Nintendo DS games for £3 each. I played them both to test them out and they work perfectly. One is full of word games and the other is puzzle games (Solotaire, Mahjong etc). 

20 hours ago, natural11 said:

I had a good chat with a dear friend in real time...remember what that's like?

#lesstexting4me

That's one of my favourite things about Christmas - my best friend and I meet up to exchange presents and it's usually the only time we can do so during the year. 

There's nothing like having a good chat and a good laugh with your best friend.

2 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

That's one of my favourite things about Christmas - my best friend and I meet up to exchange presents and it's usually the only time we can do so during the year. 

There's nothing like having a good chat and a good laugh with your best friend.

Indeed. Friendship is essential in this life!

I am glad you get to meet up and exchange gifts with your friend, padawanbeck84!

Good thing that happened today- my cat is on the mend following a visit to the veterinarian I am so grateful for him and his health!

Having some friends over for glöggafton today, we drink glögg and celebrate that it is soon Christmas.

(This is a good thing that happened to me, really....) I cried as I listened to Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way at my listening party of ONE just now.

Edited by natural11
Lovin' the new release on CD

Something good happening now as I see artists being INSPIRED by SOE!  Art sparking more Art, that's how it works! By Don Rockwell.

Edited by natural11
This was my original post

What a great thread!  I had a morning of culminations, where after all the ticket buying stress I listened to the new album while finishing up my to do list  for a vintage book sale to raise money for my daughter's school library.  I felt like weeks of scattered plans and turmoil all came together to some bass and drum.  And the sun was out.    Loving "Lights of Home" right now.  And "Red Flag Day".   But the true test of a song is....how do I feel jogging to it. ; )    

I watched "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer" on You Tube because I was desperate to snap out of a bad mood.  Besides,  I also have to work tonight and who wants to go to work with a bad attitude?

Edited by illumination70
Link Added
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, illumination70 said:

I watched "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer" on You Tube because I was desperate to snap out of a bad mood.  Besides,  I also have to work tonight and who wants to go to work with a bad attitude?

I just found out I can watch Rudolph on You Tube from illumination70's post.  Also, my Irish Terrier licked and nibbled on my earlobes several times today.  It was 63 degrees in Milwaukee in December.  I think it may be a record high temp for the day.  That's three things.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2017 at 6:01 PM, DeirdreBell said:

What a great thread!  I had a morning of culminations, where after all the ticket buying stress I listened to the new album while finishing up my to do list  for a vintage book sale to raise money for my daughter's school library.  I felt like weeks of scattered plans and turmoil all came together to some bass and drum.  And the sun was out.    Loving "Lights of Home" right now.  And "Red Flag Day".   But the true test of a song is....how do I feel jogging to it. ; )    

I danced to it and had a lot of fun. I hope the same is true for your run.

13 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I hope the same is true for your run.

I've been working too hard to fit in a run, but I can say American Soul is the perfect song for stomping down a NYC sidewalk.

Two things today: I received my first Zoo Christmas card today and I booked tickets for Star Wars next week. My local cinema are having a double bill of The Force Awakens followed by the new one at midnight.

And yes, I will be going in costume :D

I tried on 2 winter coats my friend gave me this past summer that I wasn't sure I would actually wear or even like, but tonight before going out, I tried them on and I do like them both! I am so thankful the generously and kindness shown to me by others!!

Took a day off work to catch up on work and listened to SOE ? 6 Times whilst working at home ?

16 hours ago, illumination70 said:

I made a batch of Snickerdoodle cookies!!!

And what are Snickerdoodle cookies?