illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

On 7/15/2018 at 2:23 AM, Manohlive said:

Could you possibly come to Milwaukee and do my dog's nails?  He hates it.  I feel like such a meanie.  :(

I got my dog's nails trimmed.

On 7/23/2018 at 7:11 PM, bluegrace said:

^^Would be fun to read something you have written, Padawanbeck.

I could try and get you a copy of the local magazine and post it to you. Or it will be on the writing group website once the issue is out. I could post the link on here?

My good for today is that I explored 3 more libraries - and found a Star Wars graphic novel I've been trying to find for a decade! :D

• Like 1

Another good thing - a Star Wars collector friend offered me 3 Poe Dameron sketches. I can afford one of them *and* they're letting me pay by installments :)

(In other news, I have little self-control when it comes to sketches of favourite characters :lol: )

My dog licked both my ears when I told him I love him. They both now stink but I don't care.  My ears get chapped.  I've had to start putting moisturizer on them.

14 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I could try and get you a copy of the local magazine and post it to you. Or it will be on the writing group website once the issue is out. I could post the link on here?

My good for today is that I explored 3 more libraries - and found a Star Wars graphic novel I've been trying to find for a decade! :D

Post the link on here, that will be just fine. Thanks!

7 hours ago, bluegrace said:

Post the link on here, that will be just fine. Thanks!

Here's the link to the writing group website. The magazine stories are not on there yet, but it gives you some information about us. And I'm in the picture on the Meetings page. Wearing a Star Wars T-shirt of course :lol:

http://telfordwritersgroup.co.uk/

On 7/24/2018 at 3:15 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

Another good thing - a Star Wars collector friend offered me 3 Poe Dameron sketches. I can afford one of them *and* they're letting me pay by installments :)

That's really cool, padawanabeck.   I feel in love with a painting when I was 21 years old. The lady let me pay as I could. I was paying my own way through college at the time. It took me a few years to fully pay for the painting.   It's so nice when people do things like that.    I'm very happy and excited for you.. 

My good thing is that tomorrow my mom and sister are flying into Milwaukee from where they live in Florida.  My sister has not been here for 18 years.  I just talked to my mom.  She found a poem I wrote when I was ten or eleven years old.  It was about the Vietnam War.  I had seen something on the news which traumatized me so I wrote the poem. She found it, despite it being 45 years old.  She told me she made copies, which I immediately forbade her from giving to people.  The "Yes, Mom." trump card was played and she shall be doing with them as she pleases.. Who can say no to their mom when she's proud? 

I just realized it's nice to inadvertently use the word, trump and it's not about my president.   It's also nice that it was not automatically capitalized by auto cah-wrecked.  .?

I had a lovely day today. I had a fun morning in the library making sure the children had activities to keep them occupied - and they actually enjoyed the wordsearch puzzles on local place names.

At lunchtime, I went to the comic shop and they had 4 of my Star Wars comics, then I spent the afternoon exploring 3 more libraries - and found a book in one of them that a friend recommended B)

My Zooropa and Achtung Baby vinyl arrived bright and early this morning.

:Achtung_Baby_26::Achtung_Baby_11::Achtung_Baby_13:

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

I read one of my library books and two Star Wars graphic novels. I'm about to read the third graphic novel in the series as it needs to go back to the library tomorrow. 

Slowly but steadily getting through my pile of books :)

I booked tickets to a local convention which is on this weekend. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go, then I saw that one of the guests is Virginia Hey, who was in Farscape. I used to love that series! 

I'm going to take one of the companion books and see if I can get it signed :)

19 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

...one of the guests is Virginia Hey, who was in Farscape. I used to love that series! 

Farscape is great. It gave me plenty of smiles

My library got in touch to say that the book I requested is in. It's the new Stephen King. 

It must be a day for finding favourite authors' new books - I went to a library today and found Conn Iggulden's new one :)

It's been a crap day but I'm laughing at it.  I just saw an old archived thread which had a video about Achtung Baby.  Larry says, :"I think the lyrics are shit, to be honest with you.  I think it's all about the drums."  I had seen where someone alluded to this line.  I had never actually seen it.   Laughing even more.

On 7/31/2018 at 1:01 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

It must be a day for finding favourite authors' new books - I went to a library today and found Conn Iggulden's new one :)

What would you most like to write, paw? (if you had to choose one and be successful at it)  Would it be science fiction?  ( I use that term broadly)    It's nice to see someone constantly speaking of writing so there's another good thing today.

6 hours ago, Manohlive said:

What would you most like to write, paw? (if you had to choose one and be successful at it)  Would it be science fiction?  ( I use that term broadly)    It's nice to see someone constantly speaking of writing so there's another good thing today.

If I could choose one to be successful at, it would probably be science fiction. Partly because it's still seen as a very "male" genre, so it would be nice to try and do my bit to smash that idea :)

But I experiment with all genres. 

Also, my good thing for yesterday - I found a lovely music shop in Swansea - and as I started browsing, "New Year's Day" came on the radio. I think it was a sign as I went on to find the 2-disc edition of the 1990-2000 Best Of shortly after that B)

There were also some *amazing* Joshua Tree and Zoo TV-era tour posters on the wall. 

What are you doing in Swansea Padawan? 

6 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

If I could choose one to be successful at, it would probably be science fiction. Partly because it's still seen as a very "male" genre, so it would be nice to try and do my bit to smash that idea :)

But I experiment with all genres. 

Also, my good thing for yesterday - I found a lovely music shop in Swansea - and as I started browsing, "New Year's Day" came on the radio. I think it was a sign as I went on to find the 2-disc edition of the 1990-2000 Best Of shortly after that B)

There were also some *amazing* Joshua Tree and Zoo TV-era tour posters on the wall. 

Were you here? Derricks Music?

ADD8A0FE-5B2D-4449-A902-E09C07CE3AAD.jpeg

Edited by doctornickriviera

2 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Yes I was! Wait... were you stalking me? :lol:

I was having a day out with my Dad. He's a former Arriva bus driver and our passes are good for trains as well - at least until the end of the year anyway :D

4 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Is that padawanbeck84's father or Jeffrey Tambor in this pic?   ?  ????