Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xtraspicy62

How Did You Overcome? Share Youre Stories Of Recovery And Inspiration

What have you overcome in life, what mountains did you climb, how did you survive?

Please share motivational/inspirational videos, poems, stories, pictures, music and more...here.

This is a good one to watch...dont let anyone tell you you cant do something..if youve got a dream, youve got to protect it.....

I climbed out of the pit quite a few times over the years, I can,t really put it down to any one thing or certain behaviour, suffice to say that after each burn the light tends to get brighter, and after a while the light feels so good that you do your absolute best to remain there, because the alternative is just too horrible to think about.

So staying on a smooth path I believe unfortunately takes a few tumbles before you can get it right, and then maintaining that arrival is the next challenge, but with genuine love and other fine things to remind you of why you do what you do, then the battle can and will be won.

Just keep a watch full eye out for any disturbances in your balance and address them accordingly.

I've been to 4 funerals in 9 months. Including my Mom's. All died from cancer. All were faithful to the end. None of them wanted to leave so soon. 

Their lives were cut short. There is no reason to this madness. I am so enraged, I left my church. I cannot sing psalms to the slayer of Mothers.

I've come to know about the music of the National. The song that I can identify with nowadays is

"Graceless"

I am not an atheist, but I can see how many would become one passing through this trial.

I've been to 4 funerals in 9 months. Including my Mom's. All died from cancer. All were faithful to the end. None of them wanted to leave so soon. 

Their lives were cut short. There is no reason to this madness. I am so enraged, I left my church. I cannot sing psalms to the slayer of Mothers.

I've come to know about the music of the National. The song that I can identify with nowadays is

"Graceless"

I am not an atheist, but I can see how many would become one passing through this trial.

thanks sigma for talking with us about your pain and loss. Its been quite bad for you.

I am so sorry for all of your losses and pain.

but I am relieved to see that you have come back, and you have made it this far.

anger is an energy.

harness it to keep moving forward and to carry on.

remember that you have been through hell, and that anger is normal in this situation!

it doesnt make any sense does it-why are we here, only to have to die?

the only thing that keeps me going, sigma,if I may add a little to the conversation, is serving others.

nothing else makes the world make any sense at All, except when doing this.

(((HUGS)))

I climbed out of the pit quite a few times over the years, I can,t really put it down to any one thing or certain behaviour, suffice to say that after each burn the light tends to get brighter, and after a while the light feels so good that you do your absolute best to remain there, because the alternative is just too horrible to think about.

So staying on a smooth path I believe unfortunately takes a few tumbles before you can get it right, and then maintaining that arrival is the next challenge, but with genuine love and other fine things to remind you of why you do what you do, then the battle can and will be won.

Just keep a watch full eye out for any disturbances in your balance and address them accordingly.

sounds like a good idea

http://sobadsogood.c...of-good-people/

Via ONE

xrandom-acts-of-kindness_2.jpg.pagespeed

19 Examples Proving The World Is Full Of Good People

Share it

19 Examples Proving The World Is Full Of Good People

The evening news, predominantly consists of countless tales of doom and gloom. Terrorism, financial meltdowns, arctic meltdowns, healthcare disputes, someone just died and someone else is just about to. It's enough to make even the most optimistic soul feel a little depressed. But it doesn't have to be like this, because life isn't all about the negatives is it?

That's why we've put together a series of GIFs we're calling 'Proof The World Is Full Of Good People' because they show people being awesome, looking out for the fellow-man (or animal) and asking nothing in return. Just people who need help and good folks on hand to dish it out.

There's a saying that 'Good people bring out the good in other people', it's time for us all to do the same.

Who's in?

1XU3tbH.gif

gu0xFhG.gif

BSywNr4.gif

05ZGLEb.gif

mK8Zwpv.gif

43aVNq8.gif

Hi Xtra,

When I was growing up, I was bullied by others kids for one stupid reason or another, but a good friend advised me to not give those bullies the satisfaction of giving up and quitting school.  Instead I kept on going, graduated from high school, college, traveled a lot and got my revenge by coming out on top!!!

Hi Xtra,

When I was growing up, I was bullied by others kids for one stupid reason or another, but a good friend advised me to not give those bullies the satisfaction of giving up and quitting school.  Instead I kept on going, graduated from high school, college, traveled a lot and got my revenge by coming out on top!!!

What you accomplished took quite a lot of very hard work.

Bullies have serious social and personal problems.

It takes so much more strength and courage to live your best life.

thewayyourtreated.jpg